GDT: Threepeat contenders @ just happy to get some Ovechkin goals and two games of playoff revenue, 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
What a game by Carlson. He gets a lot of shit from us fans but that is a baller game at both ends for him.

Good win against a good team.
It's because they worked through some things in the room. After locking the door when Lavi was outside.

Reactions: troyerlaw

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’d like them to put John Carlson in bubble wrap until the playoffs start. He’s the type of high-reward player they’re going to need if they are going to succeed in the postseason.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Really nice win. CMM gotta learn to finish these chances. He should have about 10 more goals. He will get there.. but it’s becoming hard to watch.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Good win. Tampa looks largely dead tired outside of a couple players.

Not sure I get not using Mantha down the stretch in that situation. He's one of your better defensive forwards and his wingspan alone allows him to be more disruptive than an Oshie.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I am not firmly in the camp of Samsonov is an AHL goalie.

Edit - silly mobile auto-correct

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakon

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Are you not entertained??

It was nice game, with a win and JC resurrection. We needed this one.

But please, next time there 5mins in the clock and opponent pulls goalie out.. send Ovie to finish it. We have been trying to fourth line it away last times and keep on getting scored on. Ovie is gold for EN.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well if you like unpredictability then Sammy's your guy.

I've never played goalie in hockey but generally in any sport if you're frequently diving to make plays then you're probably out of position to begin with, or lacking fundamentals. Rarely is it just an amazing play.

I would say great goalies stop most of the easy pucks almost without thinking (~80% of shots), make the hard saves look easy (~10%), and throw in the occasional highlight reel move (~2-3%). Softies happen but are rare (~2-3% at most), and sometimes they just get beaten by a better shot, a beautiful team goal, or simply bad luck (~4-6%).

With Sammy it seems like the routine stops are closer to 50%, which means 30% of the easy saves are made to look harder or blend in with the highlight reel stops, or turn into softies.

This screams out for coaching intervention. There are some bad habits that need to be broken, imo.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Lol, CMM’s shooting futility is becoming legendary. I have a very hard time believing he will ever break 20 goals, but I still think he has a lot to offer.
Come on now been watching prospects develop for damn near 35 years what worries me is when prospects generate way less offensive chances than one would hope. Pretty clear needs more man strength to finish but over the season there has been improvement in that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
CMM reminds me a bit of Zubrus. Always seemed to threaten, particularly with speed, but had a hell of a time finishing.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The good thing about Connor McMichael is that even though his finishing has been poor this year his IQ is high, his skating has improved since last year, his defensive metrics are great, and he drives offensive possession. He could turn into Carl Hagelin I guess but I suspect he’ll improve his shooting.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
CMM reminds me a bit of Zubrus. Always seemed to threaten, particularly with speed, but had a hell of a time finishing.

Agree on this. However, I think his confidence took a hit when they moved him to the wing. He's been flying around ever since his return to center. He will break out next season with 20-25 goals.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well if you like unpredictability then Sammy's your guy.

I've never played goalie in hockey but generally in any sport if you're frequently diving to make plays then you're probably out of position to begin with, or lacking fundamentals. Rarely is it just an amazing play.

I would say great goalies stop most of the easy pucks almost without thinking (~80% of shots), make the hard saves look easy (~10%), and throw in the occasional highlight reel move (~2-3%). Softies happen but are rare (~2-3% at most), and sometimes they just get beaten by a better shot, a beautiful team goal, or simply bad luck (~4-6%).

With Sammy it seems like the routine stops are closer to 50%, which means 30% of the easy saves are made to look harder or blend in with the highlight reel stops, or turn into softies.

This screams out for coaching intervention. There are some bad habits that need to be broken, imo.
starting to feel un-coachable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad