Proposal: Three way, Panarin --> CHI, Karlsson --> CBJ, futures to OTT

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This just makes sense.

Karlsson is gonna leave. Kekäläinen has good old relationship from Jokerit days with Karlsson.

Panarin is going to leave Columbus.

Ottawa will need just futures for their rebuild.

Artemi Panarin --> CHI
Erik Karlsson --> CBJ
Something like Jokiharju + forward prospect + CHI 1st (possibly conditional) --> OTT
Nutivaara/Murray --> OTT

CBJ doesn't have to add much, Panarin <> Karlsson isn't far away in value.

Chicago has to pay most.

So easy! :)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Chicago is not giving three premium assets to get 1 year worth of Panarin when they have bigger needs than a winger. Panarin might very well stroll back into the Blackhawks arms next summer for free as a UFA and they would rather take that shot than screw up a mini rebuild with all the prospects they have been trying to reload

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Chicago
Chicago is not giving three premium assets to get 1 year worth of Panarin when they have bigger needs than a winger. Panarin might very well stroll back into the Blackhawks arms next summer for free as a UFA and they would rather take that shot than screw up a mini rebuild with all the prospects they have been trying to reload
Chicago could cut out Columbus I guess ? They would need to dump salary tho cuz I think panarin will just go back to Chicago if they can afford to pay him

Reactions: Taylorst

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Chicago offers nothing to the table, so cut them out completely. Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson. I'm not the biggest EK fanboy out there, but that is what it's gonna cost to get him. Panarin wants out of CBJ, gonna be hard to convince him to stay in the Ottawa dumpster fire.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Chicago offers nothing to the table, so cut them out completely. Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson. I'm not the biggest EK fanboy out there, but that is what it's gonna cost to get him. Panarin wants out of CBJ, gonna be hard to convince him to stay in the Ottawa dumpster fire.
That is so overkill for one year of ek

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

lmao maybe if he was signed for the rest of his career at his current cap hit. As a UFA there's a very established template for what he returns and it's something like cap dump + Milano + Nutivaara + 1st

Reactions: easton117 and Viqsi

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

Neutral fan here, but no lol. In a cap world, I’m pretty confident CLB doesn’t trade Jones for Karlsson 1v1. Adding Panarin & a 1st on top of that?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Seth Jones, the guy who finished 4th in Norris voting on a steal of a deal, gets traded in a package for UFA Karlsson? Not even mentioning the other pieces of said package. What a joke.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's good defence for a rebuild. Lot's of high picks coming.
Don't be absurd. The Jackets were competitive before Panarin got here.

* * *​
Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson.
EDIT: Deleting rant. Suffice to say that there is no possible rational response to this kind of insanity.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It obviously helps Chicago. Columbus would do it if they can sign Karlsson or if they've exhausted every opportunity to sign or sign-and-trade Panarin. Ottawa should be able to get more.

I agree actually with this. Though I think Nutivaara is too much from the CBJ perspective.

Chicago has to pay most.

Chicago has to pay most? They should but it looks like they're paying the least. Columbus is giving up Panarin and Nutivaara/Murray, Chicago isn't even including Boqvist. This is a top prospect kind of deal, with players of this caliber you can't not include them.

I do like the general idea. You'll hear some folks saying that Columbus doesn't need Karlsson, as they might end up with the #1D even without him, but I'd love to see a top 4 D of:

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-Karlsson

You could have average forwards and still lead the league in scoring.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

I'm literally speechless right now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I do like the general idea. You'll hear some folks saying that Columbus doesn't need Karlsson, as they might end up with the #1D even without him, but I'd love to see a top 4 D of:

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-Karlsson

You could have average forwards and still lead the league in scoring.
Granted, that concept does have some appeal. It's basically the same sort of thing Nashville's doing nowadays. The cost of retaining 'em all would get really ugly really fast, tho.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Granted, that concept does have some appeal. It's basically the same sort of thing Nashville's doing nowadays. The cost of retaining 'em all would get really ugly really fast, tho.

It's basically something like Panarin's $ + $1m -> Karlsson. I was anticipating paying Panarin ~10m, and Bob only a bit less. If we lose both the cap isn't going to be the problem. It's going to be a lack of elite players to pay.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
This just makes sense.

Karlsson is gonna leave. Kekäläinen has good old relationship from Jokerit days with Karlsson.

Panarin is going to leave Columbus.

Ottawa will need just futures for their rebuild.

Artemi Panarin --> CHI
Erik Karlsson --> CBJ
Something like Jokiharju + forward prospect + CHI 1st (possibly conditional) --> OTT
Nutivaara/Murray --> OTT

Chicago has to pay most.

So easy! :)

That's the stupidest offer I ever heard of lmao.

Chicago doesn't need to give up anything ,when it's clear that PANARIN will be available next July . Even if he is traded it's unlikely he will sign with that team, I do believe he wants the chance to play in Chicago along with Kane, those 2 were magical together.

If there was any trade it would be Seabrook getting shipped off and may be a 1st round pick tops.

Schmaltz, debrincant , J oki, sikura are all none tradeable.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If Chicago has another season like last year with missing the playoffs , you could see Stan trade off Seabrook, Keith or Toews for cap relief and lots of prospects and picks come February, then it would be hilarious if he did that and was able to sign panarin and karlsson come July 1st .

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If Chicago has another season like last year with missing the playoffs , you could see Stan trade off Seabrook, Keith or Toews for cap relief and lots of prospects and picks come February, then it would be hilarious if he did that and was able to sign panarin and karlsson come July 1st .
I think they will need to trade picks and prospects to get rid of seabrook or toews.

Keith's getting old but he doesn't have that bad of a contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad