Proposal: Three way, Panarin --> CHI, Karlsson --> CBJ, futures to OTT

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I think they will need to trade picks and prospects to get rid of seabrook or toews

Seabrook possibly unless he is having a good year and a team looking for veteran leadership takes a chance on him. Toews he has lots of value teams would offer picks prospects for him.

Reactions: gach

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Seabrook possibly unless he is having a good year and a team looking for veteran leadership takes a chance on him. Toews he has lots of value teams would offer picks prospects for him.
Idk without a big contract coming back I can't see toews fetching mutch in the cap world . I also don't think they will trade toews Kane or Keith anyways. They will retire hawks and have their jerseys retired

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Don’t see why Chicago or Columbus do this.

Chicago has a good shot at Panarin if he hits FA, which looks increasingly likely. Even if they don’t get him, Debrincat and Saad have the top 6 LW spots locked down. It wouldn’t be worth it to trade significant assets for another one, especially a UFA. They’ll need their young prospects in the next few years.

Karlsson is obviously a great player, but the Jackets already have the D core of a team ready to make a deep run. They need a top line scorer more than anything.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It's good defence for a rebuild. Lot's of high picks coming.

We aren't rebuilding. We don't need defense. I wouldn't mind going for it all this year with Karlsson and Panarin, but we don't need defense.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Neutral fan here, but no lol. In a cap world, I’m pretty confident CLB doesn’t trade Jones for Karlsson 1v1. Adding Panarin & a 1st on top of that?

Pretty confident? Be 100% confident. Also, I wouldn't trade Panarin for Karlsson.

Reactions: Viqsi

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson. I'm not the biggest EK fanboy out there, but that is what it's gonna cost to get him. Panarin wants out of CBJ, gonna be hard to convince him to stay in the Ottawa dumpster fire.

giphy.gif

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson. I'm not the biggest EK fanboy out there, but that is what it's gonna cost to get him
Jesus if you're not the biggest EK fanboy out there I'd really love to see the offer from the guy who is.

Jones for Karlsson would be a disaster. Let alone adding Panarin and a 1st.

Reactions: Viqsi

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Giving up assets to get Panarin for 2018/19 is not a good idea for at least a couple reasons - the two main reasons are (1) the Hawks are not 1 player away from being a legit Cup contender, even if that 1 player is as good as Panarin and (2) if Panarin wants to play in Chicago he will be available on the free agent market requiring no assets to be spent.

But realistically is comes down to Chicago being able to afford Panarin - even if he did want to come back and play with Kane. Most likely he will command in the $9M range and there's no way the Hawks can afford that without stripping out other players that would be required to be a contending team.

I'd love the Hawks to get Panarin back but unless he's going to play for a lot under his market value - it isn't going to happen.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If Chicago has another season like last year with missing the playoffs , you could see Stan trade off Seabrook, Keith or Toews for cap relief and lots of prospects and picks come February, then it would be hilarious if he did that and was able to sign panarin and karlsson come July 1st .

I remember a time when no one would ever sign in Chicago as a destination.

And I don't think it's impossible that that could be the future in Chicago soon enough. The Hawks have been worse than the Jackets two years running. Maybe players will get the idea that it isn't a good place to go if you want to win.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Idk without a big contract coming back I can't see toews fetching mutch in the cap world . I also don't think they will trade toews Kane or Keith anyways. They will retire hawks and have their jerseys retired

Their is talk that if this team is not performing come February those core players will no longer be core players but could be moved. Toews has a lot of trade value don't underestimate that, if anything comes back it's probably picks and prospects and maybe a player to help with cap relief, but I'm sure Chicago will be sellers if this season goes bad.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I remember a time when no one would ever sign in Chicago as a destination.

And I don't think it's impossible that that could be the future in Chicago soon enough. The Hawks have been worse than the Jackets two years running. Maybe players will get the idea that it isn't a good place to go if you want to win.

Chicago if Stan gets his act together still can be a winning team again. The loss of hossa hurt , then Crawford going down mid season didn't help , plus Seabrook, Keith and Toews I think all those cup runs caught up with them physically. And no cap room to improve doesn't help, but their is a lot of young promising forwards set to play this year and a stock of promising defenseman who will be stars

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Giving up assets to get Panarin for 2018/19 is not a good idea for at least a couple reasons - the two main reasons are (1) the Hawks are not 1 player away from being a legit Cup contender, even if that 1 player is as good as Panarin and (2) if Panarin wants to play in Chicago he will be available on the free agent market requiring no assets to be spent.

But realistically is comes down to Chicago being able to afford Panarin - even if he did want to come back and play with Kane. Most likely he will command in the $9M range and there's no way the Hawks can afford that without stripping out other players that would be required to be a contending team.

I'd love the Hawks to get Panarin back but unless he's going to play for a lot under his market value - it isn't going to happen.

I'd take panarin back over having toews. He to me hasn't lived up to 10.5 million not even remotely close.

3 years of excuses as he gets older. Kane could take over as captain he at least has urned a chance.

PANARIN gives you 89 points plus.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
This just makes sense.

Karlsson is gonna leave. Kekäläinen has good old relationship from Jokerit days with Karlsson.

Panarin is going to leave Columbus.

Ottawa will need just futures for their rebuild.

Artemi Panarin --> CHI
Erik Karlsson --> CBJ
Something like Jokiharju + forward prospect + CHI 1st (possibly conditional) --> OTT
Nutivaara/Murray --> OTT

CBJ doesn't have to add much, Panarin <> Karlsson isn't far away in value.

Chicago has to pay most.

So easy! :)

Chicago would never ever make this trade

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Karlsson to Columbus makes zero sense. There's only so many top minutes to go around and Jones is already a main RHD logging them in bunches. Jones is already a great RHD performer on the PP. Then there's Werenski. Karlsson would be a luxury on the Jackets, and chances are he'd strictly be a rental. I don't think there's a chance in the world Karlsson agrees to extend in Columbus for the next 7-8 years.

Panarin needs to be traded for a forward, maybe not as good as him, but with term and cost-certainty in place. What you lose in offensive production, you gain in terms of certainty and cap flexibility. And example of this would be: Panarin to St. Louis for Schwartz or Panarin to Florida for Huberdeau.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
wait did someone just say EK would cost JONES + PANARIN + 1st?

this is now my favorite thread in the years and years I’ve been on here.

Reactions: Henkka and Viqsi

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Chicago if Stan gets his act together still can be a winning team again. The loss of hossa hurt , then Crawford going down mid season didn't help , plus Seabrook, Keith and Toews I think all those cup runs caught up with them physically. And no cap room to improve doesn't help, but their is a lot of young promising forwards set to play this year and a stock of promising defenseman who will be stars

Crawford I'll give you is a huge factor.

But the "caught up with them" you are talking about is just age. It's not like they can take the summer off and then be young again. The Blackhawks are banking on kids, like 15 other teams. And that's my point, all of that sounds like a normal team, not a destination.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
wait did someone just say EK would cost JONES + PANARIN + 1st?

this is now my favorite thread in the years and years I’ve been on here.

Can you guys leave that guy alone. I know it's a bad proposal, but he obviously just arrived in a time machine from 2014 and doesn't know anything about player values yet. Give him some time to learn, don't judge.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'd take panarin back over having toews. He to me hasn't lived up to 10.5 million not even remotely close.

3 years of excuses as he gets older. Kane could take over as captain he at least has urned a chance.

PANARIN gives you 89 points plus.

In order to essentially replace Toews with Panarin - you would need to trade Toews and no one is going to take on $10.5M for 4 more seasons with what Toews has produced the last few years. Plus, aside from Toews overpriced Cap hit, he is still the best center on the Hawks and would leave a gaping hole for the things he still does well. It's a moot argument because Toews won't/can't be traded.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If Chicago has another season like last year with missing the playoffs , you could see Stan trade off Seabrook, Keith or Toews for cap relief and lots of prospects and picks come February, then it would be hilarious if he did that and was able to sign panarin and karlsson come July 1st .

I think you're underestimating the complications of moving aging franchise players with massive cap hits and full NMCs.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Chicago is not giving three premium assets to get 1 year worth of Panarin when they have bigger needs than a winger. Panarin might very well stroll back into the Blackhawks arms next summer for free as a UFA and they would rather take that shot than screw up a mini rebuild with all the prospects they have been trying to reload

Chicago isn’t giving up crap jokiharju is garbage and a bust and same with boqvist who is basically another Alex nylander!

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I think you're underestimating the complications of moving aging franchise players with massive cap hits and full NMCs.

I'm not being unrealistic, but it's been said that if this team is in a position to miss the playoffs again , then toews, Keith, Seabrook all become expendable and at that point you'd see Stan try and move them or one of them.

Toews in my opinion is no longer the best center on the hawks , he has regressed or maybe he wasn't the player we thought he was with hossa on the team.

But I get your point.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This just makes sense.

Karlsson is gonna leave. Kekäläinen has good old relationship from Jokerit days with Karlsson.

Panarin is going to leave Columbus.

Ottawa will need just futures for their rebuild.

Artemi Panarin --> CHI
Erik Karlsson --> CBJ
Something like Jokiharju + forward prospect + CHI 1st (possibly conditional) --> OTT
Nutivaara/Murray --> OTT

CBJ doesn't have to add much, Panarin <> Karlsson isn't far away in value.

Chicago has to pay most.

So easy! :)

May make sense to you but not to 99% of the others on the planet

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Crawford I'll give you is a huge factor.

But the "caught up with them" you are talking about is just age. It's not like they can take the summer off and then be young again. The Blackhawks are banking on kids, like 15 other teams. And that's my point, all of that sounds like a normal team, not a destination.

Sure age in these particular guys is a factor, but winning 3 cups and 5 conference finals all in 8 years with 2 Olympics going to as well has affected these guys more so then say someone else of similar caliber and age. It's the tough miles of all those games , factored in with age,but toews he is turning 30 now that's not that old yet .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad