Proposal: Three way, Panarin --> CHI, Karlsson --> CBJ, futures to OTT

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Chicago offers nothing to the table, so cut them out completely. Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson. I'm not the biggest EK fanboy out there, but that is what it's gonna cost to get him. Panarin wants out of CBJ, gonna be hard to convince him to stay in the Ottawa dumpster fire.

Thats awful. columbus wouldnt even do jones stright up for a year of ek

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Can you guys leave that guy alone. I know it's a bad proposal, but he obviously just arrived in a time machine from 2014 and doesn't know anything about player values yet. Give him some time to learn, don't judge.
Nope. Basic preparatory research would have prevented such nonsense. The pile-on is deserved and necessary.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One thing for these proposals for me is always a NO-BRAINER, that this 1-year UFA is going to extend on the team which will trade for him.

I don't hate nothing more than angry comments that "nobody is gonna trade for XXX for 1-year purposes".

Of course not. That's a default on my proposals.

In my proposal, to make it possible and sense for everybody is that, Columbus is gonna get Karlsson long-term and Chicago is gonna get Panarin long-term.

Other ways these trades will never happen. It's a default. Nobody is gonna trade for those 1-year services. Trades happen, when there is the long-term commitment, a huge incentive to solve the situation.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
One thing for these proposals for me is always a NO-BRAINER, that this 1-year UFA is going to extend on the team which will trade for him.

I don't hate nothing more than angry comments that "nobody is gonna trade for XXX for 1-year purposes".

In my proposal, to make it possible and sense for everybody is that, Columbus is gonna get Karlsson long-term and Chicago is gonna get Panarin long-term.

Other ways these trades will never happen. It's a default. Nobody is gonna trade for those 1-year services. Trades happen, when there is the long-term commitment, a huge incentive to solve the situation.

My head is spinning after reading all of this but your point is spot on lol.

Teams in the cap area are finally becoming more wiser with their trades, if they can't get long term security without giving up to much value why make the move , when you can wait a few more months and gain more value in your picks and free agency you can the land that person if your not going to make that big of a impact in the playoffs this year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

That is still a bad trade for Columbus. I wouldn't trade Jones straight up for a signed Karlsson, let alone add other really good assets. Jones is one of the most valuable players in the NHL, because of his talent, age, and contract.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That is still a bad trade for Columbus. I wouldn't trade Jones straight up for a signed Karlsson, let alone add other really good assets. Jones is one of the most valuable players in the NHL, because of his talent, age, and contract.

I was never trading Jones anywhere.

It would be just fun to see that super-Defence together. Better Top6 than Nashville has which would be crazy.

Murray - Karlsson
Nutivaara - Jones
Werenski - Savard

crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Chicago offers nothing to the table, so cut them out completely. Panarin + Jones + 1st pick/and or prospect for E. Karlsson. I'm not the biggest EK fanboy out there, but that is what it's gonna cost to get him. Panarin wants out of CBJ, gonna be hard to convince him to stay in the Ottawa dumpster fire.
I wouldn’t trade Jones for EK straight up tbh

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I found an Ottawa fan with an EDM avatar.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

Sign and trades almost never happen and it's against the players interest to do them. And you traded two guys from teams that are at the bottom of the free agent list / panarin said the teams he would sign on (why he's being shopped anyways because he didn't pretend he was going to resign in clbs)

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Ottawa's getting more than that for Karlsson. Columbus wants Karlsson Ottawa wants Werenski and/or Dublois for starters.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ottawa's getting more than that for Karlsson. Columbus wants Karlsson Ottawa wants Werenski and/or Dublois for starters.
This, also, is absurd nonsense that can go straight to hell. You're asking for two star core players for one year of one asset.

Reactions: Fro

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I was never trading Jones anywhere.

It would be just fun to see that super-Defence together. Better Top6 than Nashville has which would be crazy.

Murray - Karlsson
Nutivaara - Jones
Werenski - Savard

crazy.

Okay. I wouldn't trade Panarin for Karlsson. Also, no way is Werenski getting 3rd pairing minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad