Toronto
To Toronto: Bryan Bickell, Rob Scuderi and Ryan Hartman
To Chicago: Jake Gardiner and Brad Boyes

how_about_no_evil.jpg

:laugh: that was great

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
The PAP trade is realistic, but i would prefer the Leafs to NOT trade him to the Devils.

The Devils are currently fighting with the Penguins for the last wildcard spot and i dont want to give the Devils any help, because i want that penguins first rather than the Pens 2nd and the Devils 2nd

Haha, the only trade that seems to make any sense and it's actually a major handicap to our draft.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Tired of taking a teams 2nd best goalie. It almost never works. And in this case, we will be paying him for quite some time.

I'd rather try and re-sign Riemer in the off season or take our chances elsewhere. No thanks. The Gardiner tarde also foolish.

I'll take a 2nd for PAP though in a heartbeat as I think getting a 1st isn't happening.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
3rd one is the only one that makes sense. 1st one would never happen, and the 2nd one won't happen because I'm pretty sure Holland has said he's not going to trade Howard. Plus, Lupul is the only return they'd get from us in exchange for him anyways. That's the only way it makes sense from our perspective.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
For those interested we at Prospects Hockey took a stab at Three Trades the Leafs Should Make prior to Monday's NHL Trade Deadline.

https://prospectshockey.wordpress.com/2016/02/26/three-trades-the-leafs-should-make/

I do respect that everybody has an opinion on player value and what they'd like to see the Leafs obtain in future trades, these are simply our thoughts. If you have an questions or comments don't hesitate to ask as I'm open to explain the thoughts provided. Enjoy !

Dave Nonis? Is that you?

The first two trades are bad. The 2nd one is particularly horrific.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
There may be more value for PAP than we're thinking. He's not quite Andrew Ladd in physique but he is in production. And his contract is very friendly for a cap strapped team especially if the Leafs retain salary.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Serious question, not meant to offend anyone.

How does one become an "Hf Partner" giving them the ability to post this nonsense?

Do they just donate to the cause, or is there something deeper?

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
I apologize those who mentioned Nilsson was a part of the Grabner deal, you are correct. I didn't realize he was a part of the deal and switched Nilsson for a late round draft pick.

As for the Bickell/Scuderi/Hartman for Gardiner and Boyes. Would you be as opposed to it if Chicago included a 3rd round pick in 2016 or a 2017 second round pick ? I know some Leaf fans are fond of Gardiner and value him higher than others. I will say I do like Gardiner's offensive upside but at the same time calling him the Leafs best defensemen.. is that really saying much based on who's there.

I realized I'd take heat for the write up, and its warranted as the Nilsson error was amateur.

Where did you read that the current management wants to dump Gardiner's contract. And why on earth would they take on bad contracts to do it.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Serious question, not meant to offend anyone.

How does one become an "Hf Partner" giving them the ability to post this nonsense?

Do they just donate to the cause, or is there something deeper?

Used to be a couple of years ago that you'd throw an HF banner on your site and that would make you a partner, essentially mutual exposure.

Looking at the 'content' HF partners have produced over the years, I'm pretty sure there's never been any quality control on partners whatsoever...

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
"Leafs get out of Jake Gardiner's contract, which new management isn't fond of."

????
He's the Leafs 2nd best defensemen and he's signed for 3 more years at just 4M. For less then Tyler Bozak the Leafs have a 2nd pairing defender who keeps improving.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Wow is that Gardiner trade awful. Did you really think about that one?

Smart journalism?

"Make statements, proposals" so off the wall , that it's like kicking a hornets nets?

I don't follow "trash journalism like that".

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
"Leafs get out of Jake Gardiner's contract, which new management isn't fond of."

????
He's the Leafs 2nd best defensemen and he's signed for 3 more years at just 4M. For less then Tyler Bozak the Leafs have a 2nd pairing defender who keeps improving.

I t knew it was a BS piece right then as this Management group signed that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad