London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Fair enough. My apologies. Still think you’re grinning ear to ear and that’s fine. Just have an issue with laughing at London homers for their views when you come to the discussions clearly hating London. Not really fair but whatever. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting.
Hey. As a Rangers fan I have no love for the Knights, that's absolutely true. But I also hate the diving crap from Saginaw ALMOST as much as the over the top aggression (in my eyes) the Knights play with which has directly contributed to player injuries. I'll be honest, I hate the employment of Sawyer Boulton, I get that intimidation still plays a part, but feel he goes out to hit to injure and crosses the line with no ther redeeming value (I'm also done with guys like Rempe and Reaves, however I don't consider them "dirty" and "over the top" like Sawyer... maturity certainly plays a part there)

I also respect like hell the Knights organisation. Best coached, best GM, best development of players easily in the League. Just wish the league would have cracked down on the sideshow antics a while ago. Call the initiator (not the retaliator) after the whistle... you do this, no bad retaliation if no one going over the top to begin with. It would have been better for overall player safety, and more fair to London to draw a more consistent line at a point, to me, which is more reasonable.

Wish Kitchener had your success, but have seen too many out of reach games get dumb too often. Yes you have to hate to lose, but taking a pound of flesh really has not been my style for quite some time. Many things I love about the Knights org, but a couple ugly ones I want no part of as well.

We all have our biases, but I also called London in 5 and a sweep of whoever in the finals... and now that's ruined. I feel that I'm more of a realist than a blind homer and hater(called the sweep over KIT) but I understand that how I'd like to see games called and supplemental discipline handled isn't how everyone else would like it, and the way I'd like it would be more punitive to how London plays (especially this year) than likely anyone else, but that's not because I just want to punish London, it's just the direction I'd like to see the game go.

Last edited:

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
No excuses. Bad officiating but have to fight through it. The stupidity tone was set by Sim during pregame warmups and continued through into the game where his stupidity started rubbing off on his teammates. That penalty at the end of the 1st period was just sheer undisciplined stupidity by Sim. Feel the refs are one-sided? Then don't give them any excuse to call something on you. Stay disciplined and play your game and you'll be fine.
I agree with this. Knew the penalty fest would cost London at some point this season. This seems to be one of the more immature teams I’ve see in London the past 25 years. That’s saying a lot considering I saw McMorrow, Bois, Perry, Logan Hunter (RIP), Steadman, Schremp, Foreman, etc pull various antics in the past.

Reactions: Knights Watcher

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I watched Toronto/Boston game last night, NHL action, playoffs action, 3 full periods of crash&push, only 3 penalties called on the full game

! watch Toronto Marlies against the Belleville Senators the other night, again 3 full periods of crash&push, 5 calls on the full game

OHL/CHL watched London/Saginaw 3 full periods of playoffs - 18 infractions were called plus suspension to come yet
I have just check the Oshawa/North Bay scoresheet and also watched the ot periods, 4 infractions all against the Battalion

I understand the CHL is a learning league, the way I see it the players are lot closer to pro levels than the junior leagues they are playing in, my question here is;

What are they teaching the kids with all these immature rules, gauging from the pro leagues, will they see any of this once they reach the pros?

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Hey. As a Rangers fan I have no love for the Knights, that's absolutely true. But I also hate the diving crap from Saginaw ALMOST as much as the over the top aggression (in my eyes) the Knights play with which has directly contributed to player injuries. I'll be honest, I hate the employment of Sawyer Boulton, I get that intimidation still plays a part, but feel he goes out to hit to injure and crosses the line with no ther redeeming value (I'm also done with guys like Rempe and Reaves, however I don't consider them "dirty" and "over the top" like Sawyer... maturity certainly plays a part there)

I also respect like hell the Knights organisation. Best coached, best GM, best development of players easily in the League. Just wish the league would have cracked down on the sideshow antics a while ago. Call the initiator (not the retaliator) after the whistle... you do this, no bad retaliation if no one going over the top to begin with. It would have been better for overall player safety, and more fair to London to draw a more consistent line at a point, to me, which is more reasonable.

Wish Kitchener had your success, but have seen too many out of reach games get dumb too often. Yes you have to hate to lose, but taking a pound of flesh really has not been my style for quite some time. Many things I love about the Knights org, but a couple ugly ones I want no part of as well.

We all have our biases, but I also called London in 5 and a sweep of whoever in the finals... and now that's ruined. I feel that I'm more of a realist than a blind homer and hater(called the sweep over KIT) but I understand that how I'd like to see games called and supplemental discipline handled isn't how everyone else would like it, and the way I'd like it would be more punitive to how London plays than likely anyone else, but that's not because I just want to punish London, it's just the direction I'd like to see the game go.
Fair enough. I was jumping to conclusions and I want to apologize to you again. I agree with your Sawyer Boulton opinion. I was one of the few who has said that he has next to no business playing at this level but I did enjoy the odd clean check he’d administer because I’m still a sucker for physical hockey. But, if a player is only out there to throw hits, in this era, chances are they’re going to cross the line and injure players. Intent or no intent (I think there has been intent at times).

I respect the opinion of people not enjoying London’s antics when they are losing. I, unfortunately or fortunately, have to stick with my home town and root for their success. Dale is the biggest driver of London’s success and is a down to earth farmer who will jokingly steal your fries at Port Stanley. But I get people’s view of him. I don’t like the antics when losing or the diving (yes, London dives as do others) but I have tried to ration it in my mind that he’s playing mind games with the opposing players and coaches. Case in point - Lazary admitting his team dives in the post game. You never admit your team dives to the media. The extra shots between the whistles are a bit much too but again, it’s mind games. Tonight it went too far and probably cost them.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Fair enough. I was jumping to conclusions and I want to apologize to you again. I agree with your Sawyer Boulton opinion. I was one of the few who has said that he has next to no business playing at this level but I did enjoy the odd clean check he’d administer because I’m still a sucker for physical hockey. But, if a player is only out there to throw hits, in this era, chances are they’re going to cross the line and injure players. Intent or no intent (I think there has been intent at times).

I respect the opinion of people not enjoying London’s antics when they are losing. I, unfortunately or fortunately, have to stick with my home town and root for their success. Dale is the biggest driver of London’s success and is a down to earth farmer who will jokingly steal your fries at Port Stanley. But I get people’s view of him. I don’t like the antics when losing or the diving (yes, London dives as do others) but I have tried to ration it in my mind that he’s playing mind games with the opposing players and coaches. Case in point - Lazary admitting his team dives in the post game. You never admit your team dives to the media. The extra shots between the whistles are a bit much too but again, it’s mind games. Tonight it went too far and probably cost them.
No need to apologise. There are posters I love hearing from at times and vehemently disagree with at other times, there are posters I rarely to never agree with, and then there are those I almost always agree with. All of these can be found as fans of every team. I don't feel like I should be agreed with all the time, sure would be nice, but not reality. I agree with about everything you say more often than not Mr. Jenkins.

I also agree that 100% Dale is next level with the mind games. Part of the game and what helps make him great.

I still dislike the Knights, and expect you to disagree on that.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
They have 3 American players in the whole league. They've completely given up on recruiting Americans and despite the memorial cup wins, they are clearly the weakest in terms of overall talent in the CHL.
There are 5 US players playing in the league this year, the QMJHL are so weak, that clearly they only won 7 Memorial Cup of the last 14 years, actually 12 years (2020 and 2021 there wasn't any), they also won the last four. Last year, this year and the next two draft years, their draft poles is and will be very weak, so yes this league will be weak for 4-5 or even 6 years ,maybe. They do set aside 2 rounds solely for American born players, not many comes up to play, but the options are there for them. I always viewed OHL as top CHL league anyway, they are more consistency with players development, the other two have odd good years once awhile. And USHL are catching up fast, their program is moving in the right direcyion, in my opinion

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Here is the sequence...

Max McCue hit in the first period on Dionicio was called for interfering because he did not touch the puck at his feet. I am now watching Bonk coming from the corner looking straight at puck near Parakh, and see #24 Sapovaliv directly in between heading straight for Bonk to stop him with a frontal collision. Clearly impeding with Bonk's path, even though Sapovaliv got the worse, it is still, as it was for McCue, an interference as he was facing and heading in on Bonk, clearly this was no incidental contact. No call on that play, even after reviewing with the tablet, this game as for the rule calls was a total mess

Reactions: dino200022

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
You can bet if Mark sees this, he will take this to the league when comes time for dishing out suspension, there is an embarrassing precedent for the league to look at here for sure
Mark already knew about this. This isn’t a new employment arrangement. Too late to do anything about it now. It’s a bad look for a league that has recently had many and is having more and more trouble competing for the top talent.
EDIT: Sorry I was referring here to the director of officiating. I can’t see the original tweet there I am blocked on twitter by some of the so called “insiders” which I’m sure is where that post initiated lol. Parekh has gotten preferential treatment from the league all season I’m assuming that’s what the initial post was about. That’s not going to change now.

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Saginaw was the better team last night. Took care of more of their chances.
LK has to worry more about what they can control.
No, I do not think the game was officiated well,
Yes I think Saginaw looks for help from the officials (and their coach admitted they do) I really think it's sad how far they are going looking for help from the stripes but that's on them.

LK Just needs to play hard and leave the whinning to the fans.

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Soooooo that was a shit show!

Most of the calls were good, a few were atrocious and some blatant calls against Saginaw were missed.

This is hockey, the best team won. The knights need to be more disciplined and they will be with Sim and Lawrence out of the lineup but that will hurt the team in other ways.

I am no fan of Perekh. He has no accountability or integrity. Do I want him hurt…. Absolutely not. Was the check on him into the Saginaw bench a penalty, No! Punishing him physically with clean checks is part of the game.

Simpson was very good last night, kept it close.

Need to shake this one off and come hard Sunday.

Go Knights!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Did not have a chance to watch last night but after 3 pages of thread I'm going to watch the replay of the game now. Sounds like it was a fun night!

Also the clip that the Soo insider showed of the Parekh hit is a bad hit but he failed to post the clip of the Allard hit on Dionicio. That hit was far worse and no penalty call on that play. Fans more often than not only see the bad happening to their team. All teams have to deal with OHL reffing. It works out in the wash eventually. Be safe.

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I'm still wondering what Bonk got? If you'll see in the Saginaw thread I chastised Parekh for the punch to Bonk's face, a little rough (which was called) and being dumb enough to put a further target on his back which Lawrence obliged.

I am also there saying it was a good clean hit by Bonk, and that whole sequence was actually called perfectly.
But you said nothing about "staying classy" to the poster who said Bonk deserved it. Hypocricy at its finest.

Reactions: dino200022

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Quebec league doesn't have any American teams yet they still have Americans. Hmmm. Mightve also played during the pandemic if it wasn't for the American teams. Can't convince me that American teams benefit canada
It has been tried, Lewiston Maine ( small city-high poverty level, with a large US born French Canadian population, I know played their years ago ) but there are ZERO major population centers close enough the the Canada/ Quebec border to make it viable and that area of of the US is not exactly an economic hotbed.

It has been said there are only 5 US players in th Q... it doesn't suprise me one bit. The mindset of available talent in the east is focused on NCAA hockey, not Junior. I went up for a tryout and between not speaking the language and the absolute disgust toward my being there...I quickly returned home.

Last edited:

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Knights fans get on the refs at the best of times and often boo when it was actually a penalty. Last night they had every right to get on the refs.

The officials (I’m including the linesmen) made it about themselves last night. The multiple trips to the tablet, the multiple huddles, the multiple faceoffs throwing guys out when they didn’t drop the puck. The officials wanted it to be about themselves and not the players.

I’m hoping the league talks to them and says what transpired in the 3rd was a direct result of their inability to officiate a game. You keep screwing up and teenage boys will get riled up whether it is right or wrong.

Most of the calls on the Knights were penalties but it was the many non calls on Saginaw that got everybody fired up. If O’Reilly had hit anybody else other than the OHLs golden boy Parekh it would not have been a penalty. They know the Knights are targeting him and they are making phantom calls.

And finally, whoever fought the Spirit fan in the concourse and left him bloody, you’re a disgrace. It’s a hockey game and you will wake up the next morning win or lose. Knights fans get enough of a bad reputation without some drunk idiot making it worse. Hopefully security got him and he is banned from Bud Gardens for life.

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Knights came out weak in game 5. Simpson let in very soft shot for first goal. Our game was not there at all. Most of the penalties were deserved. Hunter will need new game plan for game 6 with Lawrence and Sim probably gone. Credit

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Mark already knew about this. This isn’t a new employment arrangement. Too late to do anything about it now. It’s a bad look for a league that has recently had many and is having more and more trouble competing for the top talent.
EDIT: Sorry I was referring here to the director of officiating. I can’t see the original tweet there I am blocked on twitter by some of the so called “insiders” which I’m sure is where that post initiated lol. Parekh has gotten preferential treatment from the league all season I’m assuming that’s what the initial post was about. That’s not going to change now.
Parekh, as good as he is in this immature league, and likely a top 10 NHL pick, will not stay in the Pro leagues very long playing the way he is now in the Os

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
But you said nothing about "staying classy" to the poster who said Bonk deserved it. Hypocricy at its finest.
I am of the opinion that what Bonk got, a glove to the face, is less than what the Knights typically dole out to their opposition on 3 out of 4 stops of play. No he didn't deserve it, but it was really nothing compared to what has been let go the past 2 series.

Reactions: howler2

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Did not have a chance to watch last night but after 3 pages of thread I'm going to watch the replay of the game now. Sounds like it was a fun night!

Also the clip that the Soo insider showed of the Parekh hit is a bad hit but he failed to post the clip of the Allard hit on Dionicio. That hit was far worse and no penalty call on that play. Fans more often than not only see the bad happening to their team. All teams have to deal with OHL reffing. It works out in the wash eventually. Be safe.
Ah, fans just like you ohloutsider ;) -Was Dionicio one of your guys at one time? Again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad