Post-Game Talk: Three Stars and Post Game Whatnot : DET @ CAR 10/4

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wings have scored 5 goals, Kronwall is +5...

Wings third and fourth line players are all minus, third pair D is minus....

That is incorrect. Andersson, Cleary and Bertuzzi are the only Wings forwards who are a minus.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Hey guys, Canes fan coming in peace. Impressive effort from your guys to step up in the 3rd and take this one. Was wondering if I could get some of your perspectives on the Canes' play tonight? Always appreciate the opposition's point of view.

well like most people here I didnt know what to expect but Canes certainly played a controlled and skating game last night. held score advantage well.. for most part. also had good mindset going into the game.

maybe more experience in defense would help but it's just after watching 1 game so I am not sure. I can say though if Canes keep playing this way, you guys are definitely going down the right path.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
2 game samples people

but is Tatar a fast player? wing could have used some speed against Canes last night

He's easily faster than Bertuzzi, Cleary, Andersson and Samuelsson. His skating has gotten better.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He's easily faster than Bertuzzi, Cleary, Andersson and Samuelsson. His skating has gotten better.

I'll give you Cleary and Sammy, but Bert and Andersson are a few inches, and 20-40 lbs, bigger. In most cases, you're going to sacrifice a bit of speed with that kind of size, and I haven't seen much to complain about either player so far. Bert's moving especially well for him.

edit: hell, even Sammy is significantly bigger.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What in the world? He was atrocious, again.

Its like people dont even watch the games or only see what they want to see. There was nothign wrong with Smiths game, that first goal was completely on Quincey Smith played it perfectly and he generated quite a few scoring chances including a tap in that Datsyuk fanned on

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'll give you Cleary and Sammy, but Bert and Andersson are a few inches, and 20-40 lbs, bigger. In most cases, you're going to sacrifice a bit of speed with that kind of size, and I haven't seen much to complain about either player so far. Bert's moving especially well for him.

All I said was I think Tatar is faster than Bert and Andersson. I actually like Bert and Andersson in the lineup for the most part.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Andersson does his role well and Babcock keeps him in his 3rd line/PK role unlike a certain other player.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
Andersson is a beast defensively. I like our top 6, but the line Bert/Sammy/Cleary makes me laugh it wasn't terrible, but still.....Canes look like a pretty good team this year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
All I said was I think Tatar is faster than Bert and Andersson. I actually like Bert and Andersson in the lineup for the most part.

I'm just saying that I think Tatar should be expected to be quicker/better on his skates than guys that much bigger than him, and that we need size, too. So, it's a trade off we have to make in some cases.

I really like how well Bert's been moving, though. I'm with you on keeping him in the lineup, and I'd probably sit Cleary and Sammy. Though it looks like Sammy's taking himself out of the lineup.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Also I want to give Emmerton a little bit of love. Not one of the stars. but 5-1 on faceoffs tonight... if he could sustain a >50% rate there, he would actually have a solid shot at keeping his job a while longer.

Unless he starts doing something insanely useful, he will not have a job beyond the 13, 14 spot as soon as Helm is healthy. I don't think there's anyway Babs put him above Andersson in the depth chart. He's just the odd man out.,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad