Post-Game Talk: Three Stars and Post Game Whatnot : DET @ CAR 10/4

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m
Babcock said Howard will start tomorrow in Boston. Considering couple lineup changes as well.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Quite a few good games. Kronwall seems to be overlooked, his D has looked quality for the most part and he is jumping into the offence. Happy to see Weiss rewarded. Z with some terrific clutch play.

Got lucky tonight, hopefully it happens 20 more times this season.

**Mrazek should be in net tmw

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
1. Z. Being a force most of the night. His skating looked great.
2. Weiss. GWG. Worked his butt off.
3. Howard. Dubious first goal, but kept the game in reach when he needed to.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Zetterberg: Best player for Detroit this game
Weiss: Good things happened when he was on the ice
Howard: Good game for howard. Made important saves to keep the game close.

Bushay

Aug 2, 2009
How's Weiss get 1st star while playing a ****** game then being in the right place at the right time in OT? His work ethic is suspect.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
2 guys who were whipping boys in the offseason have looked pretty good. Smith and Abdelkader. I think Smith might be coming into his own a bit, if he could get away from Quincey he could be like the guy we saw called up at the end of that one season.

As for Abdelkader. Guys physicality has become way more consistent and hes starting to mesh a bit with Datsyuk and Z. Got the monkey off his back early this year so hopefully he continues.

I also think Kindl is looking very good to start the year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Z
Faulk (Abelkader)
Ward (Weiss)

For the purpose of voting for our guys, listed our two as well, Kronwall and Jimmy would probably round out the top five if we had them.

But I thought both Ward and Faulk were very impressive. I am a huge Faulk fan really hoping he makes Team USA for the Olympics and he did nothing but fortify that opinion tonight, a classic example of why I don't put a ton of stock into +/-, really impressive game out of him.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You must've watched another game, bro.

He played fine lol.

Agreed I thought he was buzzing pretty good all night, looks more engaged and gonig to the net harder than Filppula ever did

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad