GDT: Three-Quarters Assed - Coyotes @ Devils

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm only afraid that we extend Oates because of this.

I really don't want Oates as the head coach. I don't think I want him as the PP coach either, but he can't be the head coach.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm only afraid that we extend Oates because of this.

I really don't want Oates as the head coach. I don't think I want him as the PP coach either, but he can't be the head coach.

I think it's more likely Stevens gets extended over Oates.

Lou isn't blind. It's the backend and cory that is winning games.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm glad the guys believe they can go on a run, I'm glad the feeling in the room is good, I'm glad they aren't mailing it in (besides Jagr). But realistically there is no chance. No chance at all. I've accepted that. I'll just keep enjoying the wins. I'm not going to look back and say coulda, shoulda, woulda to any of the games they lost, and won't say it for any they lose in the future.

Lets be honest, they've played some pretty mediocre teams during this run. Granted, they did what they were supposed to in beating them, but they still can't begin to hang with any of the decent teams out there, and that is why they won't make it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still think Jagr needs to go.

He doesn't look happy or like he cares to be here anymore. He's really looking uninterested out there. I don't think he's gotten a point even in quite a few games.

Trade him like we did Arnott.

Get Ryder out of here for whatever. I'd maybe keep Havlat for a spare part, unless someone really wants him. I'm skeptical either of these will bring anything back. Both of them are closer to being done in the NHL than anything.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
After those 7 games it gets tough again. So if we're still 8-10 points out then, we're are definitely out of it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing I've noticed is that we've looked a lot faster the last 3 games and have gotten a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways.

We weren't getting many of those before this.

Though the sad thing is that it seems more than half of them haven't even developed into many decent scoring chances. They either get put into the glass or they don't get a shot off or Zubrus can't connect a pass.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One thing I've noticed is that we've looked a lot faster the last 3 games and have gotten a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways.

We weren't getting many of those before this.

Though the sad thing is that it seems more than half of them haven't even developed into many decent scoring chances. They either get put into the glass or they don't get a shot off or Zubrus can't connect a pass.

Passing has been better. That's one of the biggest differences.

Not passing into skates anymore.

Also Lou is using the 95 Lemaire special as a system so it's built to counter more.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm very happy to see Cory finally get rewarded for his exceptional work. He's deserved much better than this, I'm glad to see him enjoy winning a few.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Tomorrow might be the season. They really need Boston to lose a game against a tough team.

You are right though it's completely over if they give Boston two points Friday.

It's mostly over if they lose to the flames too

Not completely. Boston plays Florida 3 times. Some tough battles ahead. Also they play a canucks team tomorrow who I don't know who will win.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not completely. Boston plays Florida 3 times. Some tough battles ahead. Also they play a canucks team tomorrow who I dint know who will win.

Still have to pass Flordia too. We can't afford to be losing many more games. Especially not against Boston themselves.

They don't NEED Boston to lose tomorrow. Especially if Flordia and philly lose one or two this week. But they do NEED to win Wednesday and it's game 7 against Boston on Friday.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coyotes beat writer is very lovely. She's also about 20 years younger than Deb and about a bazillion times better looking than Shannon Hogan.

Hire her to work on MSG please. Even if it's the Islanders or Rangers. I get all MSG's so I'd like to see her on there.

Too many dudes on the Rangers crew, Deb is gross and kind of old, Shannon is too manly and has an unattractive voice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm actually kind of surprised that this is Cory's sixth shutout as a Devil, it always seems like when he's in line to get a shutout something happens to **** it up. It was his first home shutout this year (the other two were at Edmonton and Washington), so maybe that's why :laugh: He did have all three of his shutouts at home last year though.

I want to get to double assed.

Isn't that biassed? :sarcasm: Like one clown on the former AOL message board used to say with the emphasis on the three-letter word in the middle :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm actually kind of surprised that this is Cory's sixth shutout as a Devil, it always seems like when he's in line to get a shutout something happens to **** it up. It was his first home shutout this year (the other two were at Edmonton and Washington), so maybe that's why :laugh: He did have all three of his shutouts at home last year though.

Isn't that biassed? :sarcasm: Like one clown on the former AOL message board used to say with the emphasis on the three-letter word in the middle :P

The team always ****s his shutouts up. I was expecting it again tonight.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly though, we did get outshot 38-28 by the McDavid Bronze Medalists. Pump the brakes on the playoff talk for a moment.

If we win against CGY/BOS AND get help on the out of town scoreboard this week then I might consider buying in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly though, we did get outshot 38-28 by the McDavid Bronze Medalists. Pump the brakes on the playoff talk for a moment.

If we win against CGY/BOS AND get help on the out of town scoreboard this week then I might consider buying in.

They did break the three-game streak celing for the first time in two years so that's SOMEthing :laugh:

But yeah I'm not convinced there's a chance yet. If Boston doesn't follow up their big win over the weekend and we win Wednesday then at least Friday gets interesting.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Well they should get the help.

Flordia has two against the Hawks. Ottawa has ducks and Kings back to back on the road.

Boston has Vancouver and us.

It's really up to them. Can they win 6 in a row including a regulation win against Boston becausing giving Boston points kills it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They did break the three-game streak celing for the first time in two years so that's SOMEthing :laugh:

But yeah I'm not convinced there's a chance yet. If Boston doesn't follow up their big win over the weekend and we win Wednesday then at least Friday gets interesting.

Friday is interesting either way to me if they win Wednesday. Chance to go into Columbus 6 points out.

Of course if Boston loses tomorrow then it's REALLY interesting.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Didn't get to see the game because of work, but glad the Devils could pull out a fourth straight win for the first time in what almost feels like forever. Also great Cory could get a well-deserved shutout. In the positives, I'm only going to think in the short-term and not get my hopes up for anything larger. A couple of wins and any inklings of progress the team shows are the main focus for me rather than playoff aspirations (but if the Devils can prove me wrong, more power to them).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Didn't get to see the game because of work, but glad the Devils could pull out a fourth straight win for the first time in what almost feels like forever. Also great Cory could get a well-deserved shutout. In the positives, I'm only going to think in the short-term and not get my hopes up for anything larger. A couple of wins and any inklings of progress the team shows are the main focus for me rather than playoff aspirations (but if the Devils can prove me wrong, more power to them).

Long term is Lars continues to improve. Merrill is improving. And cory looks excellent.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not believing in the playoffs yet, though the wins are nice.

Did break the dreaded 3 game win streak though, so that counts for something.

I still hope Arizona gets McDavid or us or the Sharks or Panthers if none make the playoffs.

Don't want BuffaLOL, Laffs, Oil Tankers, or Nascars getting him. At least one of those teams is pretty much guaranteed Eichel though. Don't want CBJ or Philly getting him either.

I could live with Ottawa winning the lottery. At least they wouldn't be so boring anymore and I wouldn't fall asleep while watching one of their games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad