GDT: Three-Quarters Assed - Coyotes @ Devils

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gomer on the post game at the end of his interview with Deb

''Actually I could have passed there''

when they showed the replay of the first goal.

I'm not sure if I would trust Henrique to put it in an empty net like that.:shakehead

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Just 3 of them and cory is wrecking it.

Also gomez is hilarious.

Cory was always the biggest obstacle to a top-3 pick. But getting Severson back and playing could lead to a serious run. Though it's hard to say whether Cory can keep up this play for the rest of the season. He's been near faultless for what feels like 3 or 4 months at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dano with a good point.

Maybe our biggest problem under Pete was us passing like complete ass.

Finally making some good passes to compensate for a lack of speed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He leads the team in scoring. He could of. Come on now.

Yeah he could have.

It's nothing against him though, it's not like he would be the only one to do that.

It seems like a lot of our guys miss easy ones like that.

To be fair though, I would trust Henrique to bury one like that more than pretty much anyone else on the team. It's the breakaways that seem to be hit or mostly miss with him.:laugh:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Dano with a good point.

Maybe our biggest problem under Pete was us passing like complete ass.

Finally making some good passes to compensate for a lack of speed.

It starts from the defense too. Absolutely 100 percent why we're playing better

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How the hell does Gomez have so many assists on this team? I really thought he could help us, but I was never big on getting a pass first guy over a shooter.

It's why I was skeptical of a few people who suggested we get Joe Thornton a year or two ago. Didn't think he would be of as much help to us.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The rest of the week has to HASSSSSS TOOOO be treated as must wins by the coaches and players.

No excuse not to play them like playoff games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory was always the biggest obstacle to a top-3 pick. But getting Severson back and playing could lead to a serious run. Though it's hard to say whether Cory can keep up this play for the rest of the season. He's been near faultless for what feels like 3 or 4 months at this point.

Now he was definitely giving up way too many stoppable goals earlier in the season for sure, but our PK has made his numbers look not as good as they really could be.

Most of those bad goals weren't allowed on the PK, so I can't fault him for much of those. At least 75-80% of them seemed to come at even strength.

Maybe it all evens out in the end.

Cory would be top 5 in Vezina voting or maybe even 4th if we had a more competitive team. He was playing at this same level in Vancouver, yet had a much higher winning percentage.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The rest of the week has to HASSSSSS TOOOO be treated as must wins by the coaches and players.

Yeah but Calgary is one of the elite teams in the league this year, and we never beat Boston or the CBJ.

Ahh **** that man! I don't wanna hear any of that! Just frickin win!

They are pretty winnable. Calgary and CBJ are very winnable. Boston might be tougher if they woke up with that win yesterday.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
These next two games are our season. We NEED to win these two.

Our schedule after that:

@Columbus
vs Predators
vs Columbus
vs Philly
@Minnesota
@Colorado
@Coyotes

Those are 7 WINNABLE games.

Let's go Devils - Make a miracle run!

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
These next two games are our season. We NEED to win these two.

Our schedule after that:

@Columbus
vs Predators
vs Columbus
vs Philly
@Minnesota
@Colorado
@Coyotes

Those are 7 WINNABLE games.

Let's go Devils - Make a miracle run!

Might as well get aboard the miracle playoff run hype train, since we all know we aren't selling anyone at the deadline after winning 4 in a row :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This week should decide everything. Boston has a tough game against the Canucks tomorrow and we get them friday.

Florida has a rough week with a home and home against chicago. Ottawa has a tough back to back as well.

Philly has an easy week.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Friday is pretty much the season. They can't really let Boston get any points in that game. Have to win in regulation.

Tomorrow might be the season. They really need Boston to lose a game against a tough team.

You are right though it's completely over if they give Boston two points Friday.

It's mostly over if they lose to the flames too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad