OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Can I just say that ESPN+ is complete garbage? I'm trying to watch some of their 30 for 30 docs and apparently they don't save your progress so if you exit out and go back (which I've had to do several times because if you try to fast forward or rewind the video turns to shit) you have to start over.:rant:

Reactions: JimEIV

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
I made a cool .gif sized 47KB , website says it accepts 50KB or less for avatars

but its only a still image, not a .gif

could someone help me out?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Leafs were a little bit of a pain on the small stream I walked this morning.

I didn't have any issues with leaves luckily.

Absolutely hammered the browns today. One hole I picked off 6 nice fish. The spot could have only been 4'x4'. Only missed a single fish today too. I usually have several strikes that don't end in hookups. Only one today.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Can I just say that ESPN+ is complete garbage? I'm trying to watch some of their 30 for 30 docs and apparently they don't save your progress so if you exit out and go back (which I've had to do several times because if you try to fast forward or rewind the video turns to shit) you have to start over.:rant:

I have been annoyed with ESPN+ so far. On the one hand, I'm glad that I have a way to watch Devils games as an out of town fan. But the stream keeps cutting out, or not playing in the first place, sometimes defeating the purpose. And the other day I tried to read a subscriber-only article by Wysh on ESPN.com, and even though I was signed in it wouldn't show me all the content. Stupid.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I didn't have any issues with leaves luckily.

Absolutely hammered the browns today. One hole I picked off 6 nice fish. The spot could have only been 4'x4'. Only missed a single fish today too. I usually have several strikes that don't end in hookups. Only one today.
I'm going to go fish some small streams in the Delaware Water gap tomorrow. Probably going to be more about walking and taking pictures than fishing. There is one spot up there along River Road that I see bears almost every time I go. I'm hoping to see one and get some pics

I'm just deciding whether or not to stay up all night and go or sleep for a couple of hours since it's already 1:00 am

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
did some exploring this week - can anyone guess where these are? 1-3 are all the same place, 4 is different

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 15

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not really happy about that...I have hunted the Federal land on both sides of the river my entire life and seeing as hunting is prohibited in most National Parks that would be a terrible turn of events for 100's if not 1000's of sportsmen and women who utilize that place.

That's where I was all day today...not hunting, just walking and taking pictures. Place is already too crowded it would totally ruined if it were a NP

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not really happy about that...I have hunted the Federal land on both sides of the river my entire life and seeing as hunting is prohibited in most National Parks that would be a terrible turn of events for 100's if not 1000's of sportsmen and women who utilize that place.

That's where I was all day today...not hunting, just walking and taking pictures. Place is already too crowded it would totally ruined if it were a NP

I tend to agree. I'd probably completely avoid the area if that happened. I mostly avoid it now anyway. It's already ridiculously crowded.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I tend to agree. I'd probably completely avoid the area if that happened. I mostly avoid it now anyway. It's already ridiculously crowded.
There is one spot along River road that has access to the Appalachian Trail that must've had 100 cars parked along side of the road near Millbrook Village. Appalachian trail access has always been crowded but I never saw anything like what I saw today...I was wondering if there was some sort of special event.... surprising too because it was cold, damp and gray all day. I don't think got to 50 degrees today on the ridge.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There is one spot along River road that has access to the Appalachian Trail that must've had 100 cars parked along side of the road near Millbrook Village. Appalachian trail access has always been crowded but I never saw anything like what I saw today...I was wondering if there was some sort of special event.... surprising too because it was cold, damp and gray all day. I don't think got to 50 degrees today on the ridge.

Meanwhile I can drive 10 minutes down the road to the creek, not see another soul and catch browns left and right. Shame because the gap is beautiful, and in a way I'm happy people are taking advantage of it, but I go to places like that to get away from people, not to see them.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Meanwhile I can drive 10 minutes down the road to the creek, not see another soul and catch browns left and right. Shame because the gap is beautiful, and in a way I'm happy people are taking advantage of it, but I go to places like that to get away from people, not to see them.
Complete agreement...both parts I do enjoy seeing people out and enjoying the natural resources too.

The good thing I will say is most people don't get off the trails. Most people are in the well known areas like Buttermilk Falls or on the more we'll know known trails. If I walk 100 yards into the woods it's a completely different world pretty much devoid of people.

You're lucky to have unknown spot near your home. I have to drive a little bit for those blue lines.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Complete agreement...both parts I do enjoy seeing people out and enjoying the natural resources too.

The good thing I will say is most people don't get off the trails. Most people are in the well known areas like Buttermilk Falls or on the more we'll know known trails. If I walk 100 yards into the woods it's a completely different world pretty much devoid of people.

You're lucky to have unknown spot near your home. I have to drive a little bit for those blue lines.

Please be careful. 100 yards or more off a trail sounds like a dangerous place to trip and fall and get stuck.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Please be careful. 100 yards or more off a trail sounds like a dangerous place to trip and fall and get stuck.
I was about a mile from any road or trail today looking for bears. I didn't find any bears but saw plenty of sign.

Somebody always knows the general area I'm going to and I'm usually in touch with my wife and my Dad before and after. My Dad taught me how to use a topographical map and compass in the area...so if anything went south he definitely would know where to find me.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was about a mile from any road or trail today looking for bears. I didn't find any bears but saw plenty of sign.

Somebody always knows the general area I'm going to and I'm usually in touch with my wife and my Dad before and after. My Dad taught me how to use a topographical map and compass in the area...so if anything went south he definitely would know where to find me.

I once badly sprained my ankle stepping in a hole in my yard. I was putting up Halloween inflatables and wasn’t paying close attention to my feet since I was in my front yard. Well there was a small hole about 8 inches deep that I backed into when I was setting the lawn stakes. My ankle bent and I was down for the count. I was sweaty and had a head rush and it was about ten minutes before I could do anything but lay there in agony. After the worst of it subsided I was able to crawl over to my phone by the tool box and call my wife to rescue me. She helped me get to the local urgent care and they got me in an air cast and eventually I was ok. If I was alone out of cellphone range I might have been stuck there for at least an hour and depending upon the terrain might or might not have been able to drag myself out. Hopefully you will be safe.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I once badly sprained my ankle stepping in a hole in my yard. I was putting up Halloween inflatables and wasn’t paying close attention to my feet since I was in my front yard. Well there was a small hole about 8 inches deep that I backed into when I was setting the lawn stakes. My ankle bent and I was down for the count. I was sweaty and had a head rush and it was about ten minutes before I could do anything but lay there in agony. After the worst of it subsided I was able to crawl over to my phone by the tool box and call my wife to rescue me. She helped me get to the local urgent care and they got me in an air cast and eventually I was ok. If I was alone out of cellphone range I might have been stuck there for at least an hour and depending upon the terrain might or might not have been able to drag myself out. Hopefully you will be safe.

Geeze...I feel like you're jinxing me. That ankle injury sounds terrible. I hope you don't have any lasting effects.

I'm definitely not blase about safety, although most of my concerns and precautions are usually centered around climbing trees. Climbing is the most dangerous thing I do in the woods. But I do take every precaution possible.

If you're curious this is the sort of climbing I do. You can fast forward through this and get an idea

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm going back into my office this week for the first time since March 12 of last year. Going to be a weird experience.

The usual practice in my office is to write the dates you'll be out on a Post it and stick it on the nameplate at your cube. When we left last year, I put one up, and I'm curious if it's still there. If it is, I'm pretty sure it says "WFH 3/13-foreseeable future". :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm going back into my office this week for the first time since March 12 of last year. Going to be a weird experience.

The usual practice in my office is to write the dates you'll be out on a Post it and stick it on the nameplate at your cube. When we left last year, I put one up, and I'm curious if it's still there. If it is, I'm pretty sure it says "WFH 3/13-foreseeable future". :laugh:

Yeah I am supposed to go back this week too and I think it's a really dumb idea to stick people back in the office in the winter/flu season, with vaccine efficacy seemingly waning after 6 months.

If efficacy does in fact wane after 6 months, and you were vaccinated in August... January and February with everyone in the office becomes an issue... doesn't seem smart to me. Seems like a perfect recipe for major spikes.

Just for the record: I don't know anything about efficiency other than what I have read but it seems odd that we've taken the "over abundance of caution" approach most of the way and now it seems like "return to the office come hell or high water".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad