OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Working on a glass minnow for beach snook fishing in Florida this July.

This is a glass minnow
f518dcf2-da19-483f-87b5-32e63a17d11b-minnow_fs.jpg

This is what I'm thinking
IMG_20240424_141152291_HDR.jpg

Looks a bit different when it's wet
IMG_20240424_142049904_HDR.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That's pretty awesome. I used to love that when I was kid at hockey tournaments. Patches and pins.
We do patches too. It's such a great ice breaker during tournaments. And you get to meet a lot of cool people.

I think it's a lot easier in archery than other sports to be friendly with your competitors. Most archers (at least the good ones) don't feel like they are competing against anyone except themselves. It's all about trying to hit that PB "Personal Best"...I think that creates a fun sense of community.

Reactions: Billdo

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
With zero knowledge of kayaks - that feels like a lot of money

Because it is. But it's so nice lol. It has a built in motor should I want to go real far but can also be converted to using only paddle power if I want the workout.

The biggest selling point for me is the motor and the stability while still being small and light enough to transport on the roof of my car. So many fishing kayaks these days require either a pickup truck or a trailer to move them. At that point I might as well just get a boat.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

@Bleedred , Hogan has to be the biggest liar and bullshitter in wrestling history. And that covers a lot of ground...
He always has weird stories.

I remember he claimed Laila Ali talked him out of committing suicide when he had the gun in his mouth.

Didn't he also claim some weird story with Warrior and they hugged and all that right before he died? That was semi believable because they were all in the same spot for Wrestlemania/Hall of Fame weekend.

He also said he ran into Macho Man in a doctor's office not too long before he died and they made up in there.

I always HATED him. I remember marking out when HBK superkicked him to start their (stupid) feud before Summerslam 2005. All the dumb marks booed HBK for superkicking him. I LOVED it.

f*** Hogan.

For as dumb as that feud and match were, it brought us this moment, which never would have happened if not for that match taking place.

One of the funniest skits ever.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
He always has weird stories.

I remember he claimed Laila Ali talked him out of committing suicide when he had the gun in his mouth.

Didn't he also claim some weird story with Warrior and they hugged and all that right before he died? That was semi believable because they were all in the same spot for Wrestlemania/Hall of Fame weekend.

He also said he ran into Macho Man in a doctor's office not too long before he died and they made up in there.

I always HATED him. I remember marking out when HBK superkicked him to start their (stupid) feud before Summerslam 2005. All the dumb marks booed HBK for superkicking him. I LOVED it.

f*** Hogan.

For as dumb as that feud and match were, it brought us this moment, which never would have happened if not for that match taking place.

One of the funniest skits ever.

If you have time to kill

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Because it is. But it's so nice lol. It has a built in motor should I want to go real far but can also be converted to using only paddle power if I want the workout.

The biggest selling point for me is the motor and the stability while still being small and light enough to transport on the roof of my car. So many fishing kayaks these days require either a pickup truck or a trailer to move them. At that point I might as well just get a boat.
So I bought an expensive mountain bike. Discussed it with the wife and she said ok because I had a history of bicycling and I had to get in shape. I have ridden it almost every day for the last couple of years. Worth every penny. If it sat in the garage I’d never hear the end of it. So my thought is will you use the kayak enough for it be worthwhile. How long does a kayak last? If it lasts ten years that’s about $400 per year to have it. Is that worth it? If so go for it.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I've seen drift boats with a trailer for sale for that price :laugh:
You can easily buy a non-electric mountain bike for upwards of $5k in today's world and that's not even the top of the line model. Entry level carbon bike is about $2500 and with full suspension it starts at about $3500. Top of the line model I saw in the store is going for almost $12k. Again, just a mountain bike. No motor. Somebody must be buying those.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You can easily buy a non-electric mountain bike for upwards of $5k in today's world and that's not even the top of the line model. Entry level carbon bike is about $2500 and with full suspension it starts at about $3500. Top of the line model I saw in the store is going for almost $12k. Again, just a mountain bike. No motor. Somebody must be buying those.
Seems everything has gotten really expensive. I don't mind paying for specialized items that are high quality and require craftsmanship...like custom bows :)

I'm a sucker for good hand crafted archery equipment...but for the life of me I never understood the prices of Yeti coolers... I mean injected molded plastic should be a relatively inexpensive processes? No? And a kayak is a long Yeti cooler :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad