OT: Thread about Nothing Part 195: Baby it's cold outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
So now that I am in Charlotte, NC, we are expecting a dusting of 1" today... which has already caused a early dismissal.... Last week the kids had a 2hr delay because is was 10 degrees.....

I remember standing in the -20 in Vernon and the bus hardly moving since the deisel gelled up.....

BTW, I am still alive, just don't post as much .... Sorry, busy with new job, House hunting/purchase....MOney goes much further down here. Taxes are a joke!!!!!comparing to NJ and Illinois of course.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
So now that I am in Charlotte, NC, we are expecting a dusting of 1" today... which has already caused a early dismissal.... Last week the kids had a 2hr delay because is was 10 degrees.....

I remember standing in the -20 in Vernon and the bus hardly moving since the deisel gelled up.....

BTW, I am still alive, just don't post as much .... Sorry, busy with new job, House hunting/purchase....MOney goes much further down here. Taxes are a joke!!!!!comparing to NJ and Illinois of course.

dont let them turn you into a Canes fan (or your kids)

they say its warmer in Alaska this week than on the East coast

Taxes are better now in NJ with the new budget !

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So now that I am in Charlotte, NC.......MOney goes much further down here. Taxes are a joke!

Which is why people and businesses are fleeing New Jersey and moving down there. Their economy is booming while New Jersey's economy is dooming.

Seriously, I feel like everyone I know has moved to North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia (honorable mention to eastern PA).

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Which is why people and businesses are fleeing New Jersey and moving down there. Their economy is booming while New Jersey's economy is dooming.

Seriously, I feel like everyone I know has moved to North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia (honorable mention to eastern PA).

my friends tell me its the opposite with C C in charge now

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
my friends tell me its the opposite with C C in charge now

Your friends dont know much about what's going on in the state.

Christie has a Democrat House and a Democrat Senate, and you cant lower taxes with Democrats in power.

The only useful thing Christie does is clogging up a few years when there wont be a typical monopoly of Democrat power in the state. Once Christie leaves, a Democrat will almost surely win, and taxes in this state will go ever-higher again. Meh.....doesn't really matter anymore, New Jersey is in an economic death spiral from which there is no return.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Your friends dont know much about what's going on in the state.

Christie has a Democrat House and a Democrat Senate, and you cant lower taxes with Democrats in power.

The only useful thing Christie does is clogging up a few years when there wont be a typical monopoly of Democrat power in the state. Once Christie leaves, a Democrat will almost surely win, and taxes in this state will go ever-higher again. Meh.....doesn't really matter anymore, New Jersey is in an economic death spiral from which there is no return.

my friends are republicans though

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
First day interning at Columbia Records. It was awesome and look forward to working there this semester.

Sat in on a video conference with our department based in LA.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I hate having to switch schedules from night to day. Working 5 8's makes the week drag on. 4 by 10's suit me just fine.

how many times have i proposed this! but no!

have to show face for the friday for only 4 hours.....and it takes 1.5 hours each way when its all said and done.

total ******** that has me closer to jettisoning the rat race with each day and doing something with less travel and sucking up my free time of my life.

Lous Special Sauce

Aug 16, 2013
how many times have i proposed this! but no!

have to show face for the friday for only 4 hours.....and it takes 1.5 hours each way when its all said and done.

total ******** that has me closer to jettisoning the rat race with each day and doing something with less travel and sucking up my free time of my life.

4 hour friday? That sounds awesome

Mory Schneideur*

Sorry for posting this here, but where do you guys discuss playing hockey? I could have sworn there was a separate thread but I don't see one now.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
The 1715 Lipinski Strad was stolen via stun gun attack last night in WI.

Hopefully they catch the person and put the in jail for a LONG time, and more importantly, hopefully the instrument is safe. :(

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Police-investigate-robbery-of-extremely-rare-violin-242467131.html

Wow... Yeah, that's crazy stuff. I mean, you almost have to know what your stealing, and have a buyer lined up or whatever. What do you do with a priceless artifact like that? You can't show it off, sell it, anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad