OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
NHL fans will get a free gift to start the season -- NHL Center Ice will be offered free by cable systems across the country for the first 18 days of the season.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
sausages update…woo!!!:

pork, 4 shoulders, 2 legs

123.8 lbs pre processing

91.6 lbs actual meat for casing to bathe in the glorious smoke from apple and cherry wood …2X over 2 days

of course, dry weight will be less in 3 to 4 weeks …and then vacuum pack for the whole year….

…terrific for camping, or on a fancy ass wood platter spread with cheese and onion and olives and bread and……well, whatever….and wine

175 bucks with the casings (3 small tubs @ 7.99)

…..also made pork rinds with the useable fat …

death will be satisfying!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
8:49 PM 1/15/21 - Huge crackle of thunder in the middle of January....I think this might be a new experience for me?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
attention all carnivores!

final tally of apple and cherry wood meats day! … delicious long sausages all hung up to dry...

143 regular...18 hot...14 caraway … 175 total … average per sausage … 0.514 lbs …. 'half pounders' as intended

perfecto

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Here’s my cat Linda. One of the several positive changes in my life over the past year.
BIg2GU2_d.webp

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The Pink Floyd Album Animals and the Beatles song Piggies. He thinks Waters got it mostly correct while George had a broader take that was more about hypocrisy than the social commentary Orwell is typically credited with. Not bad work for a young teen.

animals is my stereo system's orgasm … epic sound, terrific

Reactions: My3Sons

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
sausages update…woo!!!:

pork, 4 shoulders, 2 legs

123.8 lbs pre processing

91.6 lbs actual meat for casing to bathe in the glorious smoke from apple and cherry wood …2X over 2 days

of course, dry weight will be less in 3 to 4 weeks …and then vacuum pack for the whole year….

…terrific for camping, or on a fancy ass wood platter spread with cheese and onion and olives and bread and……well, whatever….and wine

175 bucks with the casings (3 small tubs @ 7.99)

…..also made pork rinds with the useable fat …

death will be satisfying!

That sounds divine. Ever since my old lady moved in, I don’t cook with pork or make anything non kosher. That’s her call, not mine, but I do it because that’s true love for you.

Long time since I reported here, but long story short, 2020 was actually good for me from a personal standpoint. My girlfriend stayed with me starting in early May after a two week quarantine in Elizabeth, and she made it permanent in July because she still wasn’t comfortable with the hassle of a commute to NYC. We got Linda in August and instead of doing the usual stuff for Halloween, we got engaged. After my last relationship ended I wanted to find The One, and I got my wish.

The new challenge is to find a place in Brooklyn for a family and in an area that suits our needs. Even though we now make $100k combined, it’s gonna be hard. But we have some time to save up a little.

Reactions: njdevils1982

OxfordDevil

Apr 11, 2011
Oxford, England
Does anyone know of any good league-wide podcasts?

I find it difficult to keep up with what's going on around the league, being the other side of the Atlantic, so any general hockey podcast would be good. I enjoy the Hockey Central one but they only seem to talk about Canadian teams (even more so than normal!)

Cheers

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
That depends on how much you can stand Wysh and Ryan Lambert (McIndoe is a treat). I personally like Wysh in spite of his occasional dumb bluster, but I despise Lambert. He legitimately doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I loved Puck Daddy when Wysh and Lambert were running it, so the fact that they and McIndoe have a podcast together is awesome for me.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
I loved Puck Daddy when Wysh and Lambert were running it, so the fact that they and McIndoe have a podcast together is awesome for me.
I used to like Lambert, but at some point I started to feel like he was more into hot takes and acting like a know-it-all than he was about making coherent points. One thing I’ve noticed in particular: he’s an advanced stats guy until they don’t fit his narrative, at which point it’s “luck” and “magic.” I do like that he has a sense of humor but it’s drowned out by his negative aspects.

I just want MvsW back, man. Damn conflicting corporate interests.

Reactions: Oneiro

AustrianDuck

Aug 3, 2018
Graz, Austria
Ducks Fan coming in peace.

I'm from Austria and my local team (Graz 99ers) are linked with Michael Latta. He should sign in the next few hours/days.

Can someone here tell me about his strenghts? He didn't make the NHL since 5 years. But he was in Binghamtpon last time in North America.

Maybe what his role was in the minors, did he get PP time? Better at Center or Wing?

Every Info is appreciated.

Thank you guys.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ducks Fan coming in peace.

I'm from Austria and my local team (Graz 99ers) are linked with Michael Latta. He should sign in the next few hours/days.

Can someone here tell me about his strenghts? He didn't make the NHL since 5 years. But he was in Binghamtpon last time in North America.

Maybe what his role was in the minors, did he get PP time? Better at Center or Wing?

Every Info is appreciated.

Thank you guys.

You might have a better chance of getting an answer asking in the Binghamton thread...

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Anyone been watching all these SpaceX launches? Crazy how many they've done in the last year and how successful they've been with landing the boosters to use again.

The first Sharship test was nuts. Perfect launch, cut the engines, then belly flops and glides 12 miles back to the landing pad with those flaps, flips back over and fires up the engines to slow it down, just missed sticking the landing. I can't believe that thing is over 15 stories tall! They're supposed do another test launch and landing today/tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad