OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Fine really.

Nice doctor explained the procedure before hand, said not to worry as I won’t feel anything.

Worst part was having him fondle my bits, felt weird as he was trying to get to the tubes. After that I didn’t feel a thing. Stared at the ceiling the whole time.

Post pain has been ok, first 48 hours were pretty rough. Lots of ibuprofen and ice for the swelling. I feel pretty normal now.

so…kinda like this but 'cross the t'aint

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So five people got shot outside of my apartment last night
I wouldn't tolerate that. I'd pick up and move...And I did. Last year I lived in Paterson NJ two people, different occasions, where shot on my street. I packed up my stuff and stayed at the Hyatt in New Brunswick on the second shooting and never went back...Wasn't affraid... In fact I knew all the parties involved and I know what it was about..

Just don't want to live that way. Don't want that lifestyle affecting me and it did. You become harder, desensitized to the violence, loose compassion and a little bit of yourself along the way...Nope! I wouldn't tolerate it.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I wouldn't tolerate that. I'd pick up and move...And I did. Last year I lived in Paterson NJ two people, different occasions, where shot on my street. I packed up my stuff and stayed at the Hyatt in New Brunswick on the second shooting and never went back...Wasn't affraid... In fact I knew all the parties involved and I know what it was about..

Just don't want to live that way. Don't want that lifestyle affecting me and it did. You become harder, desensitized to the violence, loose compassion and a little bit of yourself along the way...Nope! I wouldn't tolerate it.

I get that, and agree, but I'm not in a position to just up and move right now. We just moved into this place a few months ago. Plus, I lived in a much more shooty-area years ago, and never got too desensitized to it.

Damn, sorry to hear that. If you still live in Brooklyn, what neighborhood? Just curious. I live in between Dumbo and Ft. Greene.

Northeastern Bushwick

Any details emerging?

Happily, all five people are going to survive. They're saying it might be some sort of gang-related thing. This part of Bushwick isn't totally "gentrified" yet but it's a very family-heavy area. Lots of kids, near a big park, not many bars. It's weird that it happened.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Northeastern Bushwick

Happily, all five people are going to survive. They're saying it might be some sort of gang-related thing. This part of Bushwick isn't totally "gentrified" yet but it's a very family-heavy area. Lots of kids, near a big park, not many bars. It's weird that it happened.

Got it, yeah. I lived in Bed Stuy for six years. Same deal - not bad but something would happen every once in a while to remind me not to get too stupid.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Waiting for the draft lottery and saw that Hyundai commercial. Do they really think those phone activated cars won’t be hacked? I don’t see that ending well. At least based on current technology.

I don't even like those key fobs that you just have to be next to the car for it to unlock and the ones you just have to have inside the car so you can press the start button.

Don't get me wrong, I like innovation and new features but not pressing a single button and having to put the key in a holder instead of the ignition are so completely unnecessary to me. Same thing with the phone, if you have to take out your phone and open an app you can just use the damn buttons on the key lol

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Waiting for the draft lottery and saw that Hyundai commercial. Do they really think those phone activated cars won’t be hacked? I don’t see that ending well. At least based on current technology.

hahahaha,……i used to record dial tones on old phones and play the recording back in to a phone and it would ring the person……but now? who the f*** knows what people can do…..

*still have no cell phone

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I don't even like those key fobs that you just have to be next to the car for it to unlock and the ones you just have to have inside the car so you can press the start button.

Don't get me wrong, I like innovation and new features but not pressing a single button and having to put the key in a holder instead of the ignition are so completely unnecessary to me. Same thing with the phone, if you have to take out your phone and open an app you can just use the damn buttons on the key lol

ah yes, vehicles with more things that can break or become obsolete ……i recently upgraded from my piece of shit '98 tercel to an '07 mazda b2300 ……..yes it's 13/14 years old but it has nothing of the 'bells and whistles'…..crank windows are the best!….dont have to start the thing to roll them down…

…..also only 115,ooo km on it (95,000 mi) and never been winter driven…….its a f***ing cherry …..im set until im 60

..and its not a extended cab which i did not want as that just become a storage space for crap and garbage like a back seat in a car

…basically this:
71-crf7datL._UY560_.jpg
but with full on mafia tint on glass and a sanded down front logo painted black by choice… middle slide window on back glass has devils logo cut from 95% tint ……...it actually looks as clean as the picture……zero rust, similar tires and rims….

….so this happens now:

it always gets back to music in this TAN

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
ah yes, vehicles with more things that can break or become obsolete ……i recently upgraded from my piece of shit '98 tercel to an '07 mazda b2300 ……..yes it's 13/14 years old but it has nothing of the 'bells and whistles'…..crank windows are the best!….dont have to start the thing to roll them down…

…..also only 115,ooo km on it (95,000 mi) and never been winter driven…….its a f***ing cherry …..im set until im 60

..and its not a extended cab which i did not want as that just become a storage space for crap and garbage like a back seat in a car

…basically this:
71-crf7datL._UY560_.jpg
but with full on mafia tint on glass and a sanded down front logo painted black by choice… middle slide window on back glass has devils logo cut from 95% tint ……...it actually looks as clean as the picture……zero rust, similar tires and rims….

….so this happens now:

it always gets back to music in this TAN

I have gotten a couple of SUVs for the wife and kids but I am always drawn to sporty cars no matter how much my head tells me they are impractical and I will never get to really open them up since I’m too lame to track them. Despite having multiple BMWs a WRX and an Audi Quattro sports sedan all with manual tranny the most fun car was my MR2 Spyder with the lame Corolla engine. If my family didn’t hate it I may have kept it longer.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I have gotten a couple of SUVs for the wife and kids but I am always drawn to sporty cars no matter how much my head tells me they are impractical and I will never get to really open them up since I’m too lame to track them. Despite having multiple BMWs a WRX and an Audi Quattro sports sedan all with manual tranny the most fun car was my MR2 Spyder with the lame Corolla engine. If my family didn’t hate it I may have kept it longer.

sure, cars like that are 'fun to drive' but really? if you own one and actually drive it like a guido idiot all the time……go get bent

(like you said, you're not 'that guy')

subaru has some track worthy shit…..and thats where it belongs to get one's f***ing jollies off….

too many dbags think the road is owned by themselves only.

My3Sons

Sponsor
sure, cars like that are 'fun to drive' but really? if you own one and actually drive it like a guido idiot all the time……go get bent

(like you said, you're not 'that guy')

subaru has some track worthy shit…..and thats where it belongs to get one's f***ing jollies off….

too many dbags think the road is owned by themselves only.

My youngest started driving and my wife gave him the Audi I was driving so I’m driving the VW GTI we had gotten for him. It’s pretty fun. A bit heavy but it handles well for a front drive car. Very comfortable seats. I can’t believe I’m noticing the comfort of the seats. I am so old.

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
My youngest started driving and my wife gave him the Audi I was driving so I’m driving the VW GTI we had gotten for him. It’s pretty fun. A bit heavy but it handles well for a front drive car. Very comfortable seats. I can’t believe I’m noticing the comfort of the seats. I am so old.

my sister has a 3rd generation bug ….she loves it to no end…..i drove it once….its nice for what it is but i'll take my utilitarian ride thanks

in fact, ive been looking for an original 1600 cc beetle for eons….dreaming of the simple engine, the rear wheel drive…..the spare tire in the front hood that uses the air pressure in it to piss the windscreen washer fluid to clean! (make sure you got a pump though .haha)

…..found one for $14,000 here in town… it wasnt douche tricked out,,,,,,just really nicely fixed up

…just couldnt justify that money for it as i would still need a second car for real life

My3Sons

Sponsor
my sister has a 3rd generation bug ….she loves it to no end…..i drove it once….its nice for what it is but i'll take my utilitarian ride thanks

in fact, ive been looking for an original 1600 cc beetle for eons….dreaming of the simple engine, the rear wheel drive…..the spare tire in the front hood that uses the air pressure in it to piss the windscreen washer fluid to clean! (make sure you got a pump though .haha)

…..found one for $14,000 here in town… it wasnt douche tricked out,,,,,,just really nicely fixed up

…just couldnt justify that money for it as i would still need a second car for real life

Ive always wanted an older Land Rover. One of the ones that were Spartan and had a manual tranny and minimal creature comforts. They are around but I’ve got to get all the kids out into the world. Right now my driveway looks like a used car lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad