OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
he gets such a bad rap because he killed himself etc etc, but watching his live performances and listening to all their albums I think he was great, I love Nirvana
I always thought it was funny that Kurt got shit on for the same thing the Beatles got praised for....simple but clever melodies. Cobain and Novoselic were literal geniuses. In Utero is one of the best albums ever recorded.

Reactions: My3Sons

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I always thought it was funny that Kurt got shit on for the same thing the Beatles got praised for....simple but clever melodies. Cobain and Novoselic were literal geniuses. In Utero is one of the best albums ever recorded.
Kurt did like simple "good sounding" songs
Nirvana said In Utero was what they really wanted to sound like, less mixing, less polished more garage sound. They thought Nevermind was too "slick", I friggen love In Utero, Serve the Servants, Scentless Apprentice, Milk It, Dumb, All Apologies

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Kurt did like simple "good sounding" songs
Nirvana said In Utero was what they really wanted to sound like, less mixing, less polished more garage sound. They thought Nevermind was too "slick", I friggen love In Utero, Serve the Servants, Scentless Apprentice, Milk It, Dumb, All Apologies
Serve the Servants is one of the goddamn cleverest songs of all time lol

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
he runs his shit out of chicago ….its a nice setup ….. ….. and even a longer read,

Electrical Audio
In Utero was done in Minnesota though, it was a long time ago
Nirvana and Albini set a two-week deadline for recording. At the suggestion of Albini, who was wary of interference from DGC, Nirvana paid for the sessions with their own money. Studio fees totaled US$24,000, while Albini took a flat fee of $100,000. Albini refused to take royalties on record sales, even though he stood to earn about $500,000.[24] Albini considered taking royalties immoral and "an insult to the artist".[22]
A sign welcomes visitors to the secluded location of Pachyderm Studios (now Seedy Underbelly North), where Nirvana stayed in virtual solitude while recording the album
In February 1993, Nirvana traveled to Pachyderm Studio in Cannon Falls, Minnesota.[25] Albini did not meet them until the first day of recording, though he had spoken to them beforehand about the type of album they wanted to make. Albini observed that "they wanted to make precisely the sort of record that I'm comfortable doing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad