OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What productive thing did I do at work today?

I made a custom Salesforce object to capture deviations and risk associated, with a custom risk flag if the risk is clearly too high to take:

180344531_10125363923900074_3153062561822932357_n.jpg

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
What productive thing did I do at work today?

I made a custom Salesforce object to capture deviations and risk associated, with a custom risk flag if the risk is clearly too high to take:

180344531_10125363923900074_3153062561822932357_n.jpg

Bit of a long shot but any chance your company is hiring (assuming you're a salesforce admin)? Not looking for me but my younger brother has been struggling to find a new job since his last company got rid of his department entirely.

In a span of ~3 months he got laid off, then a few weeks later his gf of 6 years broke up with/cheated on him, resulting in him moving back in with our mom, then she died out of nowhere from cancer. So for the past 6 months I've been paying the mortgage on her house so he can live there until we sell it. So yea...figured it's worth a shot.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Had he lived, I think there'd have been some new Clash music and at least one world tour. It would have been glorious.

I do believe that it may have even been confirmed that there would be a Clash reunion and possibly even new music (maybe I’m remembering the new music part wrong) and the talks were going on just prior to his death. Would have been interesting. I would have definitely attended, though I’m not big on arena/stadium shows and if a band like the Misfits could sell out 6 or 8 arena shows, I’m sure the Clash could sell out 100 arena shows and maybe even a few big stadiums if they had a strong opener or two. And with how much of an influence they were they probably could have had a band that’s huge or was huge at some point over the last 17-18 years open for them. Someone like the Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam or something. Probably not for an entire tour, but for select dates.

The Police’s reunion tour was kind of like that. The one they did like 12-13 years ago. They played mostly arenas, but had a few stadium dates with bigger bands on the hill.

I just remember thinking how old and terrible Mick Jones and Topper were looking by the time Joe died and wondering if they could even hack a big tour haha. Strummer was a few years older, but looked significantly younger than the rest of them before he died.

Reactions: My3Sons

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Optimum has gone to absolute shit since Altice bought them

No kidding. Last Friday I was working from home and every 15 minutes, the modem would reboot automatically. This went on for a couple of hours mid-morning and I called to place a service request. I was told they were working on a known issue and ETA would be around 3PM. WTF? Then there's the nightly 7-8PM drop in download speeds. We only have 100Mbps D/L service but are lucky to get even 20Mbps at those times. Streaming the Devils (or anything) is absolutely maddening.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I do believe that it may have even been confirmed that there would be a Clash reunion and possibly even new music (maybe I’m remembering the new music part wrong) and the talks were going on just prior to his death. Would have been interesting. I would have definitely attended, though I’m not big on arena/stadium shows and if a band like the Misfits could sell out 6 or 8 arena shows, I’m sure the Clash could sell out 100 arena shows and maybe even a few big stadiums if they had a strong opener or two. And with how much of an influence they were they probably could have had a band that’s huge or was huge at some point over the last 17-18 years open for them. Someone like the Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam or something. Probably not for an entire tour, but for select dates.

The Police’s reunion tour was kind of like that. The one they did like 12-13 years ago. They played mostly arenas, but had a few stadium dates with bigger bands on the hill.

I just remember thinking how old and terrible Mick Jones and Topper were looking by the time Joe died and wondering if they could even hack a big tour haha. Strummer was a few years older, but looked significantly younger than the rest of them before he died.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
"nice and relaxing…good to get stoned to" :cool:

also, good shots of tony iommi's prosthetic fingertips on his fretting hand
glad you watched and noticed that, a good friend of mine who lives down the street drove by and stopped for a minute to bullshit, I noticed his long fingernails, he's taking classical guitar lessons and uses his nails not a pick. I told him about Tony Iommi's finger tips, he didn't know but told me about Django Reinhardt (also had a few fingers compromised) and I didn't know him, but then I watched that little YouTube video about Planet Caravan and Tony explained how Django's condition got him "going"

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
glad you watched and noticed that, a good friend of mine who lives down the street drove by and stopped for a minute to bullshit, I noticed his long fingernails, he's taking classical guitar lessons and uses his nails not a pick. I told him about Tony Iommi's finger tips, he didn't know but told me about Django Reinhardt (also had a few fingers compromised) and I didn't know him, but then I watched that little YouTube video about Planet Caravan and Tony explained how Django's condition got him "going"

django played with only 2 fingers….and jerry garcia didnt have a a full middle finger….but it was on his picking/strumming hand

…then there was this drummer from def leppard …..well you know….

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I used to go to shows on a weekly basis (I live in Brooklyn so it's easy to do and pretty cheap and/or free depending on where you go). Then in 2019 I started finding excuses not to go, don't know why. Then of course, 2020 happens and now I'll never take it for granted again.

The summer is going to be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad