OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Do you remember the Atari game Adventure?

Find the sword and the key kill the dragon unlock the castle. That was one of my favorites.

Pitfall too. When you completed Pitfall you took a poloriod of the screen and sent it in and they would send you back a patch.

adventure no

pitfall hell yes……now i want a patch to sew on something i wear…..(still would have to finish the game)

….and whats a polariod? :sarcasm:

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I already mentioned this before, but this game was awesome, the sounds were incredible, the guy that designed this worked for the US military creating simulated situations etc, listen to this game

Sounds remind me of Defender

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Sounds remind me of Defender
same company "Williams"
in fact they make a Multi game now that has Defender/Stargate/Robotron/Joust and a few more in one machine
DSC03883.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
same company "Williams"
in fact they make a Multi game now that has Defender/Stargate/Robotron/Joust and a few more in one machine
Defender-Arcade-Game.jpg
I loved Joust! Who the hell thought up jousting on flying ostriches and getting bonus points for their eggs....that dude had to be tripping.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Wow...that page is like my childhood reincarnated. Galaga, Dig Dug, Centipede, Missile Command... although I hated missle command... didn't like any of those games with the ball for a control.

oh for f***sake ….dig dug

i think theres a tandy 100o somewhere in a box with it (among a shit ton of other games….. lakers vs celtics …..maddon before it was the franchise …..you could sort of draw out plays with x and o and run a crude animation of it…..wild shit man

BASIC computer code crap

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My kids were talking about vinyl records making a big comeback. I understand from people that supposedly can tell the difference that vinyl is a richer sound or fuller or somehow more. It’s funny to me because as a kid I felt albums were so fragile and prone to little scratches that would lead to noise artifacts. Cassettes we’re ok but a bit hissy. When CDs came out I was in heaven. The best sounding one to me when they first came out was Peter Gabriel’s album from 1982. The drums on Lay Your Hands on Me were so clean and powerful. It was a game changer for me. I can’t imagine going back to a vinyl record.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
My kids were talking about vinyl records making a big comeback. I understand from people that supposedly can tell the difference that vinyl is a richer sound or fuller or somehow more. It’s funny to me because as a kid I felt albums were so fragile and prone to little scratches that would lead to noise artifacts. Cassettes we’re ok but a bit hissy. When CDs came out I was in heaven. The best sounding one to me when they first came out was Peter Gabriel’s album from 1982. The drums on Lay Your Hands on Me were so clean and powerful. It was a game changer for me. I can’t imagine going back to a vinyl record.
My friend down the street is a guitar player and some kind of computer programmer (I still dont know what he does!) but he explained to me, CD's and digital music is just sampling. Its binary, on/off, a needle on a record is analog and catches every sound in between. In other words a song on a CD wont have the highest high tones or the deepest deep tones, we cant really hear this but it enables them to put more music on a CD etc. We're only getting part of the music, I'm not sure I buy this, but other people say, "yeah vinyl is a much better quality, even though we hear the pops and scratches etc" I think CDs sound great maybe I'm a robot and have binary ear drums!

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad