OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't play guitar, but the white Les Paul that Buckethead plays is my favorite guitar. Heavily biased because Buckethead is one of my favorite musicians.

live1.jpg

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I don't play guitar, but the white Les Paul that Buckethead plays is my favorite guitar. Heavily biased because Buckethead is one of my favorite musicians.

live1.jpg
Does he sing ?
he was influenced my Michael Jackson and a bunch of heavy metal guitarists ?
Whats his best songs/albums?
I like guitar rock, but never heard of him till now

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Does he sing ?
he was influenced my Michael Jackson and a bunch of heavy metal guitarists ?
Whats his best songs/albums?
I like guitar rock, but never heard of him till now

He does not sing. He doesn't even talk. There is like, 1 picture of him online without the bucket and it's even disputed whether it's actually him. There are a couple voice recordings, but he pretty much speaks with the guitar.

He has a stupid amount of albums. I don't know if I have a "favorite", but I do really like Colma. It's a bit on the softer/smoother side. Population Override is another one I like, along with Bermuda Triangle and Electric Tears.

Here is a live video to show his chops. His music is super varied. You will eventually find something by him you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
He does not sing. He doesn't even talk. There is like, 1 picture of him online without the bucket and it's even disputed whether it's actually him. There are a couple voice recordings, but he pretty much speaks with the guitar.

He has a stupid amount of albums. I don't know if I have a "favorite", but I do really like Colma. It's a bit on the softer/smoother side. Population Override is another one I like, along with Bermuda Triangle.

Here is a live video to show his chops. His music is super varied. You will eventually find something by him you like.

I read he played on a few Guns n Roses albums post Slash
I'm reading he's got health issues, heart trouble
thanks

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I read he played on a few Guns n Roses albums post Slash
I'm reading he's got health issues, heart trouble
thanks

He did play for GnR. Best guitarist they ever had. I forget who it was, might have been Ozzy, wanted Buckethead to play with him but only if he took the bucket off. Buckethead refused.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
He did play for GnR. Best guitarist they ever had. I forget who it was, might have been Ozzy, wanted Buckethead to play with him but only if he took the bucket off. Buckethead refused.
he was influenced by Randy Rhoads (Ozzys guitarist, and one of my faves) among many others, apparently he suffers from stage fright and the mask (and bucket) is a way of combating it, I get the mask thing but the bucket? well they say the best musicians are a little "out there'!

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I don't know

Flying High, Over the Mountain, Mr Crowley....I still know every word :)

I had a Sony Walkman my Dad gave me for Xmas back in the 80's and every time I came home with a "buzz" I'd lay down and put on the headphones, plug them into the walkman insert Ozzy's first or second solo album and just listen...I was always in awe of Randys guitar, those first two solo albums were awesome, and they were released within a year of each other. Good stuff
I Dont Know is a masterpiece and so overlooked

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I had a Sony Walkman my Dad gave me for Xmas back in the 80's and every time I came home with a "buzz" I'd lay down and put on the headphones, plug them into the walkman insert Ozzy's first or second solo album and just listen...I was always in awe of Randys guitar, those first two solo albums were awesome, and they were released within a year of each other. Good stuff

was it yellow?

Reactions: The 29th Pick

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I Dont Know is a masterpiece and so overlooked
Blizzard of Oz :)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
combat was my game…..i would never lose against my brother

Do you remember the Atari game Adventure?

Find the sword and the key kill the dragon unlock the castle. That was one of my favorites.

Pitfall too. When you completed Pitfall you took a poloriod of the screen and sent it in and they would send you back a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->