Thoughts on Tyler Bozak?

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I love how he celebrates his goals, especially the last one. Just a very serious punch of success.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
He's scored some timely goals but his overall play could be better. I've noticed he's losing a lot of puck battles and his passing isn't as crisp as it usually is.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Overall I'm very pleased with his playoff performance so far, although I do agree with Oberyn that his overall game does show some holes. With that said, not many 3rd line players are flawless and he is performing at the level needed of a 3C on a team truly contending for a Cup. 5 points (4 at even strength) through 9 games is good contribution from your 3C plus he's on the right side of +/-, possession stats and faceoffs. You can't realistically ask for much more out of your 3C. From an eye test standpoint, he is playing his part on a line that is having great success as a momentum line that can hem the other team's top line into their own zone for 45 seconds.

His contract is a luxury we can afford next season and I expect him to be here. He may eventually shift to wing and we probably need to find a way to move him before the start of the 2020/21 season, but that should be pretty easy to accomplish even with a 10 team NTC. As I have been most of the year, I'm happy with Bozak.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Overall I'm very pleased with his playoff performance so far, although I do agree with Oberyn that his overall game does show some holes. With that said, not many 3rd line players are flawless and he is performing at the level needed of a 3C on a team truly contending for a Cup. 5 points (4 at even strength) through 9 games is good contribution from your 3C plus he's on the right side of +/-, possession stats and faceoffs. You can't realistically ask for much more out of your 3C. From an eye test standpoint, he is playing his part on a line that is having great success as a momentum line that can hem the other team's top line into their own zone for 45 seconds.

His contract is a luxury we can afford next season and I expect him to be here. He may eventually shift to wing and we probably need to find a way to move him before the start of the 2020/21 season, but that should be pretty easy to accomplish even with a 10 team NTC. As I have been most of the year, I'm happy with Bozak.
Yeah he's done his job as a 3C so can't really complain too much. Just from the eye test he doesn't look as good as he did in the regular season, but luckily Maroon and Thomas have been playing well.

FrenchBlue

Apr 10, 2019
Paris
Very good playoffs for Bozak , he scores often goals than team have needed. he is good in Blues organization , even if I like a lot Barbashev , succes in playoffs is in entire part for Bozak.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I was excited we got him but he’s not as impactful as I thought he would be. But he is great on face offs so that has a ton of value. Probably a little over paid but O’Reilly was out of the picture when we signed him so it’s understandable.

Has been way more impactful since the last time I posted. He’s been great!

Reactions: Honeycutt

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Being saying he is a good player for years now. Now everyone knows his value. First year in a Blues uniform. A cup finalist and perhaps a Cup winner. A terrific off season signing he has turned out to be.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This signing has paid off in spades, all season long and especially all playoffs long!

That said all of DA's transactions last summer are paying off, Bozak, Maroon, Perron, ROR! They have all contributed to this run!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
rwANRfd.jpg

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
But we are very happy for him, we knew we couldn't afford him with the Tavares signing. You guys have the majority of Leaf nation on your side to win the cup, first because of Bozak and secondly cause the other team is the Bruins.
That’s good, I thought he was generally disliked by Leaf faithful.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
That’s good, I thought he was generally disliked by Leaf faithful.

No, not most, just those who didn't understand his position, he was forced to be a #1C for so many years because before Shanahan took over, we could never get anyone better. Once we landed Matthews, then Bozak fit in much better. Always the best on the team in faceoffs and shootout scoring. Unfortunately we had to unload Bozak and JVR to make space for Tavares.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
No, not most, just those who didn't understand his position, he was forced to be a #1C for so many years because before Shanahan took over, we could never get anyone better. Once we landed Matthews, then Bozak fit in much better. Always the best on the team in faceoffs and shootout scoring. Unfortunately we had to unload Bozak and JVR to make space for Tavares.
That’s real......Unfortunate....hahaha

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I admit, I was really "meh" at first about the Bozak signing. I wasn't impressed with his defensive play with the Leafs. I thought he would provide secondary scoring and faceoff wins while being a liability defensively. During the first half of the season I was essentially correct, except that he didn't provide the scoring. (Keep in mind the entire team sucked at that time too!) During the second half he really picked up the pace offensively and improved immensely in his own end. He has also shown a proclivity to score clutch goals! Don't get me wrong, he is still never going to win a Selke, but he has really proven me wrong with his overall play. I could not be happier to be wrong! (I posted this on the Tyler Bozak thread on the main boards and copied it). :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00