Thoughts on Tyler Bozak?

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It looks like Sundqvist has passed him up. But that's OK for now. Bozak is still an NHL player, is a capable third line center, and can hold that spot until Thomas is ready to play center.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It looks like Sundqvist has passed him up. But that's OK for now. Bozak is still an NHL player, is a capable third line center, and can hold that spot until Thomas is ready to play center.
I think he’s ready. Thomas has made huge progress. By my count he leads team in points this month.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Just wanted to give this old thread a bump. Bozak has been great in these playoffs! Looking forward to him setting up thomas for his first playoff goal tonight!

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I feel really good about our chances going forward with Bozak in tow.

He was amazing in the first round. Here's hoping he keeps it going the rest of the way. :yo:

Reactions: STLomacneko

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
the-stache-aims-to-please-mustache-humor.png

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Bozak is a good, solid player. It’s easy to say he is a bit of an overpay, but he does well on the dot, can flex up or down, could move off to RW if needed later on, can be used PK and/or PP.

He’s a good player. A good, safe bet.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
The domino effect of not having his contributions shouldn't be overlooked. Without him Thomas is forced into taking on full time 2nd or 3rd line center responsibilities, which would've been a demanding position to put a 19 year old in getting his first taste of playoff hockey against a team like Winnipeg who is big and physical up the middle. Or had Barbie been forced to play higher up in the lineup may have taken away from our bottom 6 balance and 4th line productivity. He won game 1 for us and is a likeable guy, I'm pretty content with that.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
For quite awhile this season I was perfectly okay with moving Bozak this off-season, but now I want to keep him for at least another year. He was really good this series, and he’s really an excellent guy to have as your 3C.

I think Schenn will get moved back to wing next year and we roll ROR-Thomas-Bozak-Barbie down the middle.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
For quite awhile this season I was perfectly okay with moving Bozak this off-season, but now I want to keep him for at least another year. He was really good this series, and he’s really an excellent guy to have as your 3C.

I think Schenn will get moved back to wing next year and we roll ROR-Thomas-Bozak-Barbie down the middle.
What about Sunny? I think he deserves to stick at center

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Exhibit A on how big depth can be in the playoffs. The Bozak-Maroon-Thomas line has put Dallas at a really rough spot. They have 2 scoring lines, we have 3. They are dominating when out there right now.

Reactions: Mike Liut
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Bozak is a good, solid player. It’s easy to say he is a bit of an overpay, but he does well on the dot, can flex up or down, could move off to RW if needed later on, can be used PK and/or PP.

He’s a good player. A good, safe bet.
This is how I feel as well. Solid but not spectacular player who you can trust I most situations. He’s been very good for us so far in the playoffs. Hopefully he keeps this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad