Thoughts on Lehner

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
He, more likely than not, doesn't (at least in the future). The general belief is that Lehner will be backing up Anderson soon and up until Anderson's contract is up. I have a feeling Bishop could be dealt at the deadline.

Hard to say.

Thanks for the info! Best of luck this season!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Friendly Sharks fan here with a question. Where does Bishop currently fit in?

Just to add to the last reply, we like seeing Bish come up big for us, but in the back of all our minds, we're also happy about how it increases his market value. There's a pretty big consensus that sooner or later he'll be dealt.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Once we're healthy and he has an even better team in front of him, he'll look scary good. Give it time.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Just to add to the last reply, we like seeing Bish come up big for us, but in the back of all our minds, we're also happy about how it increases his market value. There's a pretty big consensus that sooner or later he'll be dealt.

After tonight's game his NHL career is as follows

17 Games, 5 Wins, 6 Losses, 3 Overtime Losses, 0.921 Sv%, 2.41 GAA

How many NHL goalies have a sv% like that?

IF we don't include his first year (19 years old) then it becomes:

9 Games, 4 Wins, 2 Losses, 3 Overtime Losses, 0.941 Sv%, 1.95 GAA

R2010

May 23, 2011
I think its safe to say at his age he's peaked as a player. No room for improvement in his game at all.

i love lamp

You're prolly being Sarcastic. But lets just say his career Sv% doesn't ever go up from where it is right now. He would still go down in NHL history as one of the top 10 in career sv%

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
That being said, anyone questioning Lehner at this point is nuts. Thsi team isnt very good right now. Despite this all of our goalies have given us a chance every night.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sorry, this doesnt fly for me. People taht said he was too young have been getting **** all over all year by people saying he should be in the NHL RIGHT NOW.

Now that he has let in a few softies his age is a crutch?

He's not too young. But he will make mistakes. And hopefully learn from them. No use blowing up over every incident.

Meanwhile he's still posting this: 1.89 GAA .947 SV%

We're in good shape.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Bishop also has these moments and lets in more goals per game.

I dunno about that. When Bishop is on he lets in no softies. With Lehner you can kinda write one off a game. Its why I think another year in the AHL wouldnt hurt.

By that time we might be able to move forward with those two as a tandem :D

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
if he plays the same way for the next 3 games he gets added to the leader board. Ottawa could be looking at 3 goalies in the top 10 for save %

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
You guys are messed up. Good goaltending doesn't always equal wins you also need to score more than 2 goals once in a while, we're getting good goaltending from him.

.943 save percentage and you losers ***** xD you guys are so stupid.

xking23

Petersson
Jun 22, 2009
Peterborough
When we are complaining about our 3rd string goalie (or second) putting up allstar numbers, there is a problem...

Honestly he lets in softies, but remember Elliot, Lalime, Gerber, Emery, every other goalie we have had (including Hasek) has let in some soft goals. Let him grow and mature. He will be fine, we just need to score more than 2 goals.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
After tonight's game his NHL career is as follows

17 Games, 5 Wins, 6 Losses, 3 Overtime Losses, 0.921 Sv%, 2.41 GAA

How many NHL goalies have a sv% like that?

IF we don't include his first year (19 years old) then it becomes:

9 Games, 4 Wins, 2 Losses, 3 Overtime Losses, 0.941 Sv%, 1.95 GAA

Hold on, I was replying to a specific question about Bishop, not Lehner. I don't think anyone on planet Earth thinks Lehner is destined for the trading block.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad