Thoughts on Claude Julien as potential NYR HC

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
To the OP's question, Claude Julien can only head coach the Boston Bruins or the Montreal Canadiens. It's science.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
To be fair, Gorton's place probably would have been very safe if it were any other owner. And Gorton very likely would have given Quinn another year.

Jeff Gorton had been in the organization for 15 years and GM for 6. I think his position was safe for quite a long time with this owner. Was he supposed to have a lifetime job?

Reactions: ETTER DE

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Jeff Gorton had been in the organization for 15 years and GM for 6. I think his position was safe for quite a long time with this owner. Was he supposed to have a lifetime job?
No, but being in charge of a very successful rebuild usually doesn't get you fired, I would guess.

Reactions: pld459666

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
I see what you are saying. How can we judge Quinn? an orchestra isn’t made up of 18 solo violinist? Until Gorton and Co. develop or move pieces for grinding and banging players it wouldn’t matter if Scotty Bowman is coaching this team.
In 94 there were quality NHL players moved out to bring in the right mix. If it wasn’t for those moves an Doug Lidster being behind Mike Richter at the right time we wouldn’t have that memory.
Think you hit bullseye with this post:)

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
well that didn’t age well
Oh, that we all could be such prognosticators so as to see an event that shocked all in the NHL. If Dolan was not a vidictive prick, Quinn would have gone nowhere. But then Gorton and JD got fired, so am not sure why this is a shock. The entire circumstances changes

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Its Bill Dauterive

Im not entirely convince Julien wasn't the model for the character

claude-julien-bill-king-of-the-hill.jpg

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I am amazed that there is interest in this dinosaur to the point we’ve had a thread open for almost a month.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Funny to see how the dismissive of other opinions/overly arrogant crowd is somehow still right after being completely and utterly wrong.

It’s like playing tennis with a wall. Those f***ers are relentless.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Pros:

Former cup winner and probable future HOF pedigree

667-445 overall record as HC

Very well respected by his players/former players

Not David Quinn.

Cons:

Not the best track record for playing/developing youth

Bombed out of Montreal in spectacular fashion

Possibly out of touch with the modern brand of hockey and its direction in the coming years.

Thoughts.

No. Thank. You.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
definitely leaning towards no, but holy shit you guys really hate this guy. Hes a better option than many of the other rumored names

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad