Thoughts on Claude Julien as potential NYR HC

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
why team gets worse if Gorton is replaced?

If Gorts gets fired, team gets worse,bad things happen, BECAUSE
1/2 these prospects,that we believe in, get sent away,
as new guy 'puts his stamp' on the team

I thought i'd wriiten why, adapted it here

Team is far ahead of what was anticipated after The Letter, i dont get the extreme criticism

Weren't gonna Playoffs with this division model anyway

Reactions: haveandare

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Hey sucks at developing young players. Why the hell would we want him anywhere near us?!

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I thought i'd wriiten why, adapted it here

Team is far ahead of what was anticipated after The Letter, i dont get the extreme criticism

Weren't gonna Playoffs with this division model anyway

I wouldn't call wanting a good proven coaching staff an extreme criticism. more like common sense.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know. You all know what I think of Quinn.

But I guarantee you that's what the Rangers are going to say. The Rangers like Quinn, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
The goal differentiation has absolutely nothing to do with why Quinn will be back. And goal differential will not be mentioned.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I would really love to know what your expectations were for this team.

I was expecting them to be in a 7 or 8 seed but with better offense and worse defense; albeit in a non Covid environment which I think is eminently possible had they not been in the best division.

My complaints about Quinn aren’t related to W-L but rather development of Kakko and Lafreniere offensively (and perhaps Kravtsov as well; and I want to lump Lias Andersson in there but his struggles in LA too indicate it was probably just him).

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I wouldn’t mind seeing them bring in a Jacques Martin to help on offense because I do think Quinn doesn’t have a system that helps his younger players.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was expecting them to be in a 7 or 8 seed but with better offense and worse defense; albeit in a non Covid environment which I think is eminently possible had they not been in the best division.

My complaints about Quinn aren’t related to W-L but rather development of Kakko and Lafreniere offensively (and perhaps Kravtsov as well; and I want to lump Lias Andersson in there but his struggles in LA too indicate it was probably just him).
Not really sure what your issue with Kakko's, Lafreneire's or Kravstov's development. Look at the way that they are playing.

7 or 8 seed in a normal year was about right. However, given all of what has transpired, the expectation would have been lotter if you had known that at the beginning of the year.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not really sure what your issue with Kakko's, Lafreneire's or Kravstov's development. Look at the way that they are playing.

7 or 8 seed in a normal year was about right. However, given all of what has transpired, the expectation would have been lotter if you had known that at the beginning of the year.

I'm underwhelmed at their offensive output relative to other similarly-regarded first and second overall picks.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm underwhelmed at their offensive output relative to other similarly-regarded first and second overall picks.
That is your right to do so. But in the case of Lafreneire, and this has been beaten to death multiple times, not a single one of those other first second overlall picks had to wait 10 months from the point their junior season ended to when camp started. Which was a two week camp. Which also had no preseason games.

Kakko was not ready to play and that is really not a shock. But you look at their numbers this year and their expected rate of scoring, am not sure of what else you are looking for. Look at what they have been doing over the last month.

Reactions: eco's bones

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
That would be unique. Have a name? Didn’t J.D. hire a European as his G.M. in Columbus? or was he already there?
If there is a new coach to be hired JD is going to have much more of a say than Groton will. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if JD cleans house and both those guys are gone.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
That is your right to do so. But in the case of Lafreneire, and this has been beaten to death multiple times, not a single one of those other first second overlall picks had to wait 10 months from the point their junior season ended to when camp started. Which was a two week camp. Which also had no preseason games.

Kakko was not ready to play and that is really not a shock. But you look at their numbers this year and their expected rate of scoring, am not sure of what else you are looking for. Look at what they have been doing over the last month.
When you realize that both of Kakko's 2 professional seasons were cut short, restarted, started late, being quarantined etc... and you see how far he has come along despite those shortened seasons and various situations you start to appreciate him much more.

Reactions: cwede

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->