Thornton says Matthews should be up for the Rocket, Selke, and Hart - PART 2

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Who knows what Matthews could be if he didn't get injured early in every season. Reminds me of Crosby early in his career where he would light the league up and get injured.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
it's a joke that there is even a discussion that anyone other than 97 should get the Hart. Remember when Kucherov ran away with the scoring race, with the most stacked team around him, in the highest scoring division? the Hart was his going away.

any player other than McDavid, and you could ingrave his name on the Hart today. For an absolute superstar, arguably the biggest star since Gretzky and the most dynamic talent since Orr (that's right, he is even more spectacular then 66, IMHO).

NHL writers currently have Kane as the favourite to win the Hart. their credibility as so-called hockey ppl will sink. the Hart trophy is nolonger THE trophy. the Lindsay is THE trophy. the Norris, Vezina are both more important as well. Even the Calder is more interesting.

the Hart trophy is a joke. way to go Hockey Writers; you ruined it with your flavour-of-the-month silliness.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How come every Leafs player is "supposedly" injured yet playing. None of the other 30 teams do this circus with the media. Selänne once told a story from his rookie season when he injured his knee and went to the physio and all the physio did was to shout at his face "LEARN TO PLAY WITH PAIN" so are the Leafs just softer than other teams or creating excuses, whats with that
What in the hell are you telling yourself? The only suspected injured players are Matthew's and Andersen. You're full of shit.

Reactions: Hollywood North

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Who knows what Matthews could be if he didn't get injured early in every season. Reminds me of Crosby early in his career where he would light the league up and get injured.
If, would've, could've, should've.

Matthews doesn't have the playmaking ability to light the league up.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Mar 26, 2010
How come every Leafs player is "supposedly" injured yet playing. None of the other 30 teams do this circus with the media. Selänne once told a story from his rookie season when he injured his knee and went to the physio and all the physio did was to shout at his face "LEARN TO PLAY WITH PAIN" so are the Leafs just softer than other teams or creating excuses, whats with that
You are spewing BS. Complete garbage. It is documented that Matthews has had a wrist injury since the beginning of the season. Who the f*** are you to know more? Are you the team doctor, NO. So, stop trolling

Mar 26, 2010
I watch him all the time. I'm just not a blind homer like you.

Calling Matthews anything other than an average playmaker is the definition of delusion.
Ok, cool personal opinion you have. :thumbu:

And you don’t watch him all the time. I guarantee you don’t even get leafs games in the region you live in. You are not fooling or impressing anyone.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
You sure you're not watching Clay Matthews?
The guy whose career high is 36 assists in a season is the guy I'm watching.

You must be mistaking Matthews for someone else.

Ok, cool personal opinion you have. :thumbu:

And you don’t watch him all the time. I guarantee you don’t even get leafs games in the region you live in. Stop bullshitting.

Ever heard of the internet? Streaming? Ring a bell?

Unlike Leafs fans, Western fans actually watch other teams considering Eastern teams play before our own. By the time the Western teams play however, Leafs fans are in bed as evidenced by the ridiculous takes on players outside of the Toronto bubble. Nice try though.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That's cause you've never watched him play.
Do Leafs fans watch him play? I think Leafs fans were saying the exact same thing. Doesn’t have the playmaking ability to make an impact while his shot is injured is not an outlandish or rare thing to hear about Matthews during this yearly slump.

Reactions: Zamknij kurwa ryj

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Leave it to Gene to finally mention the rocket lead. Singh silent in disbelief gene just said that... thhey got a memo from corporate not to.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The guy with a career high 36 assists is an elite playmaker?

Because you score more goals than assists, you can't be a playmaker? He doesn't play with Rocket winners. Go read Matthews' scouting reports from the professionals.

36 assists in in 68 games is elite playmaking. The average player in the NHL doesn't put that many assists in a full season.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Do Leafs fans watch him play? I think Leafs fans were saying the exact same thing. Doesn’t have the playmaking ability to make an impact while his shot is injured is not an outlandish or rare thing to hear about Matthews during this yearly slump.

Fun fact: An injured wrist affects your playmaking too.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Fun fact: An injured wrist affects your playmaking too.
Can’t shoot AND can’t pass? K I heard it here first from Leafs fans. Maybe he should sit and heal or is Toronto management deadest on ruining him?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Because you score more goals than assists, you can't be a playmaker? He doesn't play with Rocket winners. Go read Matthews' scouting reports from the professionals.
No, I'm asking if you consider a guy with a career high 36points an elite playmaker?

Hint: last season he was tied for 66th in assists, and 82nd in assists per game.

That's elite to you?

Reactions: Zamknij kurwa ryj

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Can’t shoot AND can’t pass? K I heard it here first from Leafs fans. Maybe he should sit and heal or is Toronto management deadest on ruining him?

Who said he can't shoot or pass? He simply isn't playing to his full potential. A 50% Matthews is better than a 13th forward. So, yes, he should play. Only reason he shouldn't is if hit injury becomes worse or will take longer to heal if he's not playing. According to Keefe, that doesn't appear to be the case.

So they're playing him because he's better than the Leafs 13th forward. As simple as that. The same reason McDavid would play if he was 50% of the player he is right now.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No, I'm asking if you consider a guy with a career high 36points an elite playmaker?

Hint: last season he was tied for 66th in assists, and 82nd in assists per game.

That's elite to you?

Well, considering average is top 300. Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad