Thomas Raffl..... PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes its true that he probably is competing more with Thorbs, lets face it Peluso will only see about 15 or so games this year. As to you saying fights don't count in the standings this may be true but more than one game has turned with a a fight or two. Willingness to fight only helps if you win if you lose they call you Chris Thorburn.

Exactly. And Thorburn gets a lot of respect for being willing to stand up to anybody. He doesn't get a lot of respect for fighting well but he does for fighting hard and often.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Did Raffl play well enough to earn a contract, i believe he didn't do anything tonight to hurt his chances, guess will see soon.

I think he showed a pretty complete game. If things were to unfold as they should, IMO Peluso should be waived and Thor banished to the pressbox.

If Perreault is not ready Thursday our 4th line should be;
Raffl - Copp - Lipon
If Perry is OK then Lipon goes down pending the first injury and Petan goes back to the 4th line. Petan is not going to stay there long though, injuries or no injuries. He will soon push someone down. With Lipon pressing from the bottom there may have to be a trade.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Did Raffl play well enough to earn a contract, i believe he didn't do anything tonight to hurt his chances, guess will see soon.

He didn't play poorly, but Raffl didn't stand out either. IMO, he is just as good as Halischuk and probably not worth a contract.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
I thought Raffl looked pretty good.He is definitely hard to take the puck off, doesnt shy away from the tough areas and displayed some good vision . I'd like to see him kept around in someway, shape or form.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I thought Raffl looked pretty good.He is definitely hard to take the puck off, doesnt shy away from the tough areas and displayed some good vision . I'd like to see him kept around in someway, shape or form.

Agreed.

I think they should give him a two-way deal and keep him with Jets for at least the first road trip with 4 games in 5 days. They could use him for the "heavy' game and as an extra body, if needed.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Agreed.

I think they should give him a two-way deal and keep him with Jets for at least the first road trip with 4 games in 5 days. They could use him for the "heavy' game and as an extra body, if needed.

If he was 25 the decision would be easy, would be interesting to see him after 10-15 regular season games. Does anybody know if he can only sign a 1 way contract or 2 way, have read conflicting reports.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If he was 25 the decision would be easy, would be interesting to see him after 10-15 regular season games. Does anybody know if he can only sign a 1 way contract or 2 way, have read conflicting reports.

Anyone can sign a two way contract - the only difference between a 1 and 2 way contract is the $$ at the AHL vs. NHL level.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
He didn't play poorly, but Raffl didn't stand out either. IMO, he is just as good as Halischuk and probably not worth a contract.

His size and strength alone make him much better than Halischuk. And this is not me saying always pick the big dude over the smaller dude but comparing Raffl to Halischuk it certainly applies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

He can sign either. Once a player reaches a certain age the become past the ELC requirements (ELC's are the only contracts that must be 2-way, all others can be either).

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Anyone can sign a two way contract - the only difference between a 1 and 2 way contract is the $$ at the AHL vs. NHL level.

There was talk that he could only get out of his contract with his Austrian League team by signing a 1 way contract with the Jets. Does anyone know this to be true

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There was talk that he could only get out of his contract with his Austrian League team by signing a 1 way contract with the Jets. Does anyone know this to be true

He had previously said he would accept a 2 way. Apparently he backed off a bit on that later but there was no mention of any difficulty getting out of his Austrian contract that I have heard mentioned.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I have some inside info that Gary Lawless is poised to report that contract talks between the Jets and Raffl are going poorly, and Raffl is ready to break off talks. :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have some inside info that Gary Lawless is poised to report that contract talks between the Jets and Raffl are going poorly, and Raffl is ready to break off talks. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

This will completely destroy the Jets' reputation with older first time pros from Europe. Good luck signing the next 30 year old European sensation.:sarcasm:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

KAfAGzR.png

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Forward Thomas Raffl was signed today in the NHL by the Winnipeg Jets contracted, is thus now organizing the Winnipeg Jets on. This goes for the 29-year-old Villach, who plays the EC Red Bull Salzburg since 2010, a dream come true. On September 17, Thomas Raffl was started the training camp of the Winnipeg Jets, and now gets the chance to prove themselves in the best hockey league in the world, after the EC Red Bull Salzburg has dissolved its contract with him. Thomas Raffl succeeds by his younger brother Michael, who plays for the Philadelphia Flyers for two years.

The Red Bulls are happy with Thomas Raffl and wish him all the best in his new and much success!

source

1 yr/575k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad