Thomas Raffl..... PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
- I like his size 6'4 well over 200 Lbs
- He has impressed in his first 2 pre season games. Showed some skill taking Petans break away pass in the first game.
- Maurice has played him 2 games in a row and praised his strength and over all game in his presser.

He is 29 years old and has never tried the NHL...... If we do sign him, does he sign a ELC which would make him waiver exempt for the 1 st year? ???? ( this would be beneficial in the flexibility to move up and down with ease with the moose)

Raffl- is he a contender for a roster spot, or a TC flash in the pan soon to be forgotten ?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd sign him on a two-way for sure. Whether it's him or Armia on the 4th line is a good question. You'd prefer to give 4th line minutes to the 29 year old and let the 22 year old wait (with the Moose) for an opening in the Jets top 9. It's only two games though and should make for an interesting story line.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If he fits into a 4th line role, it would make sense to sign him to a 2 way deal. He has a lot of international experience, one year of junior in North America though. I would much rather have him on the 4th line than having Armia there who is young and still could use time in the AHL learning the Jets game.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
So far he looks like a decent guy to have on the Moose, and fill in for the 4th line on the Jets if needed. I'd probably trust him to play more minutes than Peluso at this point.

I hope they get him signed.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would he give up his Austrian league contract for an AHL deal with the Moose?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

I think Beyak said he is willing to. Why not if you're him. Even if you make 90k in the AHL for one year, it may give you one last shot to play in the NHL, and if you come up for 10 games that makes you a lot more money. If things don't workout, go back to Austria next year. A guy has to be willing to sacrifice some money maybe for his last shot.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

I believe that is why he is here, trying out for an AHL contract with the Moose.

Obviously he would like to make the Jets, who would't. But I think his primary goal was to get a spot w/ the Moose.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I would like to see him play a few more exhibition games against better competition before I make a decision.

So far, he seems like he could fit in well with the Jets or Moose.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Beyak said he is willing to. Why not if you're him. Even if you make 90k in the AHL for one year, it may give you one last shot to play in the NHL, and if you come up for 10 games that makes you a lot more money. If things don't workout, go back to Austria next year. A guy has to be willing to sacrifice some money maybe for his last shot.

IIRC Beyak said he would accept a 2 way deal.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I have been mildly surprised by Raffl. I think he'd offer something to the fourth line if he can continue to build over the next week.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
the Flyers took a Raffl, his brother Micheal Raffl

Nice catch!

I think that it is easy for good but not great Euro players to fly under the radar. Also I don't think the Austrian league is among the best Euro leagues.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
He'd do great around town at wedding socials, because what's a wedding social without a Raffl?

Wait, wait, okay, how about this:

News from the future: "Raffl signed an ELC with the Jets today. Terms were not disclosed, but believed to be $1 each or $5 for an arm's length."

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
He'd do great around town at wedding socials, because what's a wedding social without a Raffl?

News from the future: "Raffl signed an ELC with the Jets today. Terms were not disclosed, but believed to be $1 each or $5 for an arm's length."

Good grief!:shakehead

AngelicAssassin*

Somebody needs a hobby. Or a girlfriend.:D

Actually the second one's not bad but don't let it go to you head.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
"It was a pun."
"A pun?"
"No no, not a pun. What's the other thing which reads the same backwards as forwards"
"A palindrome?"
"Yeah"
"That's not a palindrome! The palindrome of Raffl would be Lffar!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad