GDT: Thomas Had Never Seen Such a Mess: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We'll never know now, will we? I believe I was calling for his firing by game five. Back then it might have made a difference.

Or it goes the way it went because the players check out after seeing their well liked coach (and don’t get it twisted. They have been slobbering this guy for years) after only five games.

It’s not as simple as some want to make it out to be.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The majority of this board insisted that the team was not out of it after 10 games, there was still 70 games left for them to turn it around, blah blah blah.

The signs of major problems have been present for quite a long time, people just choose to ignore them.

Congratulations, you predicted doom and gloom and were right! Would you like an award for it?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
He wasn’t getting fired after game 1. The season was not going to be salvaged. Hall was still going to be traded, he wasn’t going to commit here when we don’t even have a coach.

Shero has probably waited so long because he didn’t want Hall to cold feet over a quick coaching change...welp safe to say that failed miserably.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Shero has probably waited so long because he didn’t want Hall to cold feet over a quick coaching change...welp safe to say that failed miserably.

I think the lack of a better option is a part of it too. Without a better option you are basically waving the white flag once he is fired.

Now if someone realistic became available? Maybe he goes sooner, but the only option was Babs and he has zero reason to rush into a new gig.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Or it goes the way it went because the players check out after seeing their well liked coach (and don’t get it twisted. They have been slobbering this guy for years) after only five games.

It’s not as simple as some want to make it out to be.

These are professionals. They should be able to play through a coach getting canned the same as if a popular player was traded. But like I said, we'll never know, now.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Congratulations, you predicted doom and gloom and were right! Would you like an award for it?
I don't mention shit like that to gloat. I think our fanbase needs to be more in tune with the warning signs that this franchise is being driven into the ditch...because us fans are the only possible remedy to stave it off.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I know it’s in the middle of a b2b but at this point it doesn’t matter about timing. We just got humiliated by a team who isn’t even good during a season that is one nightmare after another. just make the damn change.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It doesn’t mean he is getting fired. It could just as easily be a bag skate, or a weirdly scheduled practice for unknown reasons

As arrogant as he can be in his post game pressers, I mean I’d be absolutely shocked if a bag skate was scheduled. He’s really in no position whatsoever to be shitting on his players right now.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Ride it out with Hynes and hire someone like Cooper, who I can see as a option if Tampa doesn’t make some noise in the playoffs, in the offseason.

What’s the point of a coaching change now when there’s no options out there and we’re weeks away from moving Hall and a bunch of other pending UFA’s.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don't mention **** like that to gloat. I think our fanbase needs to be more in tune with the warning signs that this franchise is being driven into the ditch...because us fans are the only possible remedy to stave it off.

The team is facing its most severe dysfunction since MacLean, with a promising season blowing up in the most painful way possible, and you're griefing us because 10 games into the season we were hoping that the team could turn it around? Honestly, f*** right off.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Ride it out with Hynes and hire someone like Cooper, who I can see as a option if Tampa doesn’t make some noise in the playoffs, in the offseason.

What’s the point of a coaching change now when there’s no options out there and we’re weeks away from moving Hall and a bunch of other pending UFA’s.

The organization needs to evaluate the talent on the roster going into the offseason. That’s going to be nearly impossible with every one of them playing like dogshit under this coach. They need a fresh look as it’s obvious things are not going to improve under Hynes.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

Because continuing on this path is highly toxic. To the players. To the fans who, more and more, are going to stop going to games. We may even lose fans overall if this continues. It's not a way to run an organization. Something has to be (should be) done...however, that doesn't mean I think anything is going to be done. But that says a lot about where this franchise is right now. Ugly ugly stuff.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The organization needs to evaluate the talent on the roster going into the offseason. That’s going to be nearly impossible with every one of them playing like dog**** under this coach. They need a fresh look as it’s obvious things are not going to improve under Hynes.

Ok, so who will take over? If there’s valid options out there, I’d like to hear them, but their isn’t atm.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

The assumption is that the team has quit on Hynes. if that's the case you have to change coaches ASAP. You don't need an ideal fit, you need someone to pull them out of the tail spin.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Because continuing on this path is highly toxic. To the players. To the fans who, more and more, are going to stop going to games. We may even lose fans overall if this continues. It's not a way to run an organization. Something has to be (should be) done...however, that doesn't mean I think anything is going to be done. But that says a lot about where this franchise is right now. Ugly ugly stuff.

Again, who’s out there that you would feel good about having behind our bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->