GDT: Thomas Had Never Seen Such a Mess: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
When you know your seasons lost on December 1st, your key player is leaving, the coach is a game away from being fired... it's just normal that the mood isn't at an all time high.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Apparently the team is holding a practice tomorrow morning at 10:30 am. Which is weird considering it’s the second half of the back to back.

also, this isn’t the first person I heard say this.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think once they start to believe they can win you'll see a turn around. These guys don't like losing. They'll be happy to work hard and buy in once they realize they don't really suck this bad.

The telltale stat is the zone pressure when we trail by a goal. Teams almost always out possess and outshoot their opponents as they struggle to tie the score. We do the opposite, it's the sign of deeply sick hockey team, and it doesn't require a genius coach to fix, just someone that can get them to believe in themselves and play with emotion.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We have had just way too many bad losses this year and we haven't even gotten to the 30 game mark yet.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
The most heartbreaking thing about this team is what has happened to Nico, Bratt, Zacha, and Smith. Other teams get to watch their top prospects turn into stars. We just get kicked in the balls.

Smith is 19 lol, he’ll be fine under whoever we hire

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Apparently the team is holding a practice tomorrow morning at 10:30 am. Which is weird considering it’s the second half of the back to back.

NHL.com writer.

If there is a coaching change we may hear overnight. They’ll probably inform Hynes (and others) after the the team’s plane lands in Newark.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
A "practice" in the middle of a back to back is a summons to drop some bombshell news.

Bye bye John! Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

if you're referring to the second tweet about what the sabres player said then that's true. i was watching the sabres broadcast as they were saying it

Reactions: Auto Pilot

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
NHL.com writer.

If there is a coaching change we may hear overnight. They’ll probably inform Hynes (and others) after the the team’s plane lands in Newark.

If it happens I imagine Shero does it in person in the morning.

Logistically it might not happen due to the back to back. Depends on who would take over and if they are in and able to get into Newark in time.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Doesn’t sound good for Johnny boy. Too bad Shero had to torpedo the f***ing season before any necessary steps were taken. That’s assuming a firing is imminent. Red flags galore after the first game of the season and here we are. Beyond frustrating.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Doesn’t sound good for Johnny boy. Too bad Shero had to torpedo the ****ing season before any necessary steps were taken. That’s assuming a firing is imminent. Red flags galore after the first game of the season and here we are. Beyond frustrating.

Shero was trying to do some damage control. It failed.

He also wants to save face because firing a coach 2 month into his 2 year extension is a red flag.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Logistically it might not happen due to the back to back. Depends on who would take over and if they are in and able to get into Newark in time.

The announcement may come tomorrow morning, but why not actually have the meeting tonight? Why make his come in the morning when you can get it over with now? Let him be able to sleep in.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Doesn’t sound good for Johnny boy. Too bad Shero had to torpedo the ****ing season before any necessary steps were taken. That’s assuming a firing is imminent. Red flags galore after the first game of the season and here we are. Beyond frustrating.

He wasn’t getting fired after game 1. The season was not going to be salvaged. Hall was still going to be traded, he wasn’t going to commit here when we don’t even have a coach.

Reactions: Blackjack

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
He wasn’t getting fired after game 1. The season was not going to be salvaged. Hall was still going to be traded, he wasn’t going to commit here when we don’t even have a coach.

Yes, it would have been impossible to fire him after game one, however, knowing what happened in that first game, followed by the two weeks after, he could have and should have fired him no later than the 8 - 10 game mark. I mean is anyone really surprised we’re at this point right now or that it got this bad? This was always going to happen. You bring anyone in with 70 games to work with and maybe the season could have been saved. It didn’t have to go this way.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

It may be impossible, but almost anything is preferable to Hynes coaching another game after what we just saw.

I agree with this. I think he should have been fired sooner, but it wasn't going to be after game 1, and it wouldn't have saved the season either way.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yes, it would have been impossible to fire him after game one, however, knowing what happened in that first game, followed by the two weeks after, he could have and should have fired him no later than the 8 - 10 game mark. I mean is anyone really surprised we’re at this point right now or that it got this bad? This was always going to happen. You bring anyone in with 70 games to work with and maybe the season could have been saved. It didn’t have to go this way.
The majority of this board insisted that the team was not out of it after 10 games, there was still 70 games left for them to turn it around, blah blah blah.

The signs of major problems have been present for quite a long time, people just choose to ignore them.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

We'll never know now, will we? I believe I was calling for his firing by game five. Back then it might have made a difference.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Check out devilsmedia.wordpress.com

Apparently it is the official Devils PR notes

It mentions practice 10:30 am tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad