Confirmed with Link: Thomas Greiss 2 Year Deal

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like it. Now give me Tyler Johnson, and I’m good.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Good deal and exactly what I've been speculating Yzerman was going to do for months now.

Reactions: Henkka

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles fan coming in peace. Greiss is the ultimate professional and gamer. Never makes excuses and always comes to play. His teammates love him. He single handedly won that playoff series against FLA for the isles in 2016. He never really got a fair shot because the isles always had 1a/1b while he was here. Halak, Lehner, and Varlamov. There were times when Greiss was better than all 3. His 1 bad year was that exception when Weight was the head coach and the team played the worst defense in the league.

you guys are going to love Ze German!!! Take care of him and good luck!

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Two decent NHL backups in a 1a/1b situation. It will ensure we still tank but have bodies in net. Short, cheap deal that will give us time and space to acquire a good goalie when we are hopefully moving up. I like it.

I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, but if Holland were our GM we would have signed both Greiss and Ryan to 3+ year deals at over 4 million/per.

Last edited:

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
It will be such a pleasure watching half way decent goal tending, great signing. Think it will really help the defensive talent.

Reactions: Henkka

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Solid deal, but really shows you how much of a discount Holtby took.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It will be such a pleasure watching half way decent goal tending, great signing. Think it will really help the defensive talent.

Bernier, since about December of last year, has provided halfway decent goaltending.
Griess's numbers are going to decline in Detroit. I wouldn't count on him besting what Bernier did last year.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad