Rumor: THN: Shawn Matthias to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So do we have is a rumored trade or only a persistent rumor linking Matthias to MTL?

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
Depends on the pick but if 3rd or lower, then I'm all for this.

Agreed. White and any pick 3rd or lower for Matthias would be a good deal for Montreal. Matthias would be a significant upgrade on White (Matthias has a bit more size and scoring touch), an upgrade worth up to a 3rd round pick.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Are the panthers deep? Cuz as it is Matthias plays on their 4th line. Huh and why do we need another center?

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
How about Diaz and a 3rd for Matthias? Then claim Rusty Klesla who just went on waivers. I'd be happy with that.

Of course if we could somehow include DD in the deal I'd be a happy camper. Would we have to take another player back or include more?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
can he fight? Or does he prefer to shoot pucks at the opposition in anger?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reposting Gally11's Matthias vid from Splash thread:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Why does a guy of his size that can skate not hit? He is very productive offensively so what is the good on him??:help:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bourque healthy scratch, maybe just a coincidence.

If DD were part of the deal, could reverse a splash that didn't splash. Meh, who am I kidding, DD is the stain that won't go away.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he comes with a contract extension sure.

Of course the GM will need to do his homework, but with Markov hopefully re-signed for a couple years and Emelin around, if he does well i'm sure the Habs would pay him a decent amount. Granted all that needs to be factored into the price but as an RFA I don't see the need for a contract extension, as it could help lower his cost a little and unless the Habs feel he could bolt for big bucks in the KHL then I'd like to see management kick the tires on this one as I think he would be a very nice addition. Plus he might be a great fit with Markov.

How about Diaz and a 3rd for Matthias? Then claim Rusty Klesla who just went on waivers. I'd be happy with that.

Of course if we could somehow include DD in the deal I'd be a happy camper. Would we have to take another player back or include more?

I would be surprised if the panthers were looking at adding a UFA to be in Diaz and since the Habs don't end up picking until later due to the standings, I could see Klesla going to a team in front of us. Oilers or someone like that I would assume would be interested (although I haven't seen him play this year)

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

That's actually kind of interesting for the panthers. They will need a D to replace Kulikov who is rumored to be bolting to the KHL next season.

Apparently Matthias is a 110% every shift kind of guy which I would love to have on the team. I just don't know how much he's worth. Also White has been playing really well for us.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i dont understand what we'd do with matthias tho, he would be our 3C and we already have bournival for that role in the future. i guess we could always turn bourni into a winger

PricePkPatch*

i dont understand what we'd do with matthias tho, he would be our 3C and we already have bournival for that role in the future. i guess we could always turn bourni into a winger

Don't we currently LOVE Bournival as a winger? He's a spark plug who makes things happen for Pleky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad