Rumor: THN: Shawn Matthias to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Would be a good pickup.

Not an overly physical guy but he isn't timid and has some skill.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I like Shawn mathias but I wouldn't over pay either. I wouldn't give more than a second rounder for him.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
A 2nd rounder might be ok... but it still bumps somebody from the team... the dream scenario would be to move Bourque or better yet Desharnais, of course, but surely Florida isn't up for that, alas. I guess I'd have to know the whole scenario. Mathias isn't really a good enough player to go too far out of our way to acquire.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mathias is a big kid who can really skate. He does not possess more than 3rd line potential but he could develop into a solid shutdown player. Another player I covet on the Panthers is Eric Gudbranson.

QuickWrister

Nov 25, 2013
London, ON
Man, we need a closer. A finisher. A clutch winger. Someone with hockey sense through the roof. Not another 'fingers-crossed' kinda player.

Keep the 2nd and add it to a deal to land a bigger fish imo.

But I like how the habs are making the rumour pages.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
would be a good pickup but we have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many centers as it is

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

Mathias WOULD make a big splash if thrown into water..

So.. rumor confirmed?!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I'd make a move on Kulikov + Matthias if we were able to move Diaz, DD and Bourque in the move or a subsequent move elsewhere or to Florida.

I would imagine a line of Matthias-Eller-Gallagher would be a puck possession monster.

fromthepast

Apr 3, 2013
How many centers do we need? Wingers, Bergevin....your team needs scoring ****ing wingers for ****'s sake.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I just heard on the radio that Montreal and Florida involving Ryan White and a prospect or pick for Shawn Matthias. Can someone confirm this? ESPN radio

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like Matthias, I just don't see the fit here. He's big, but he doesn't really play big.

Ex-teammate of PK in Belleville too, for what it's worth.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Really Matthias? He will make a marginal impact on the team. He's at best a lateral move if Bourque is shipped out. Right now, he hasn't shown much consistency to pot 10-15 goals a season. He will also need playing time to produce and right now there isn't any room in the top 9 with the signing of Briere and emergence of Bournival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad