Prospect Info: THN Future Watch 2014 (February/March)

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It's not an awesome pool of players (the Habs don't finish 28th every season) but it's deep and there's enough talent for some of it to be used in trades.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
1. Beaulieu
2. Tinordi
3. Collberg
4. McCarron
5. De La Rose
6. Lehkonen
7. Fucale
8. Hudon
9. Andrighetto
10. Thomas

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yep - before the Future Watch comes out obviously. ;-) Let's say two weeks form today.

You only get one crack at it, so make it a good one.

Good, I needed a little time to put together 10 best as had to start from scratch as haven't seen most of our prospects play before.

1-Beaulieu(Quite obvious)
2-De La Rose(Timmins stated most pro ready at WCJ, so I put him high)
3-Fucale(one of top goalie prospects in game he has to rank high)
4-Lehkonen(McGagg's list and he seems to speak positive of Lehkonen)
5-McCarron(Timmins most recent #1, has to be up there)
6-Andrighetto(Had to put him ahead of Collberg)
7-Tinordi(Having an off season but still a recent #1 pick)
8-Hudon(only thing to derail his NHL career will be injuries)
9-Collberg(McCagg defended him numerous times so you know he likes Collberg)
10-Reway(bit of wildcard but consider who author of list will be, he seems to favour small offense forwards over big d-man like a Pateryn or Ellis).

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Good, I needed a little time to put together 10 best as had to start from scratch as haven't seen most of our prospects play before.

1-Beaulieu(Quite obvious)
2-De La Rose(Timmins stated most pro ready at WCJ, so I put him high)
3-Fucale(one of top goalie prospects in game he has to rank high)
4-Lehkonen(McGagg's list and he seems to speak positive of Lehkonen)
5-McCarron(Timmins most recent #1, has to be up there)
6-Andrighetto(Had to put him ahead of Collberg)
7-Tinordi(Having an off season but still a recent #1 pick)
8-Hudon(only thing to derail his NHL career will be injuries)
9-Collberg(McCagg defended him numerous times so you know he likes Collberg)
10-Reway(bit of wildcard but consider who author of list will be, he seems to favour small offense forwards over big d-man like a Pateryn or Ellis).

Just to clarify: let's not make too many assumptions

It wasn't Timmins' list. He's not in player development any more.

My thoughts on prospects have nothing to do with the list, and are my own personal opinions, and have nothing to do with how members of the organization may feel or rank players. Marty Lapointe et al aren't asking me for my thoughts

This is the closest one so far....

thom

Mar 6, 2012
The french Kid is starting to play much better with Kootney after trade from Kamloops dont count him out.He has a lot of talent but his work ethic and toughness has come into question but he is getting better

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
1. beaulieu
2. tinordi
3. fucale
4. pateryn
5. dlr/collberg
6. dlr/collberg
7. lekhonen
8. reway
9. andrighetto/hudon
10. andrighetto/hudon
(both ghetto/hudon and dlr/collberg are pretty interchangeable imo)

hm: thomas, nygren, thrower

im really happy with our prospect core except for leblanc and mccaron. lekhonen and reway were steals, all hail king TT :yo:

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

My thoughts on prospects have nothing to do with the list, and are my own personal opinions, and have nothing to do with how members of the organization may feel or rank players. Marty Lapointe et al aren't asking me for my thoughts

Oh okay...when you said you were hired I thought you were doing the list. After re-reading OP the list is sent to you.

Oh well, my rankings stand. Having limited explosure to juniors I had to think outside the box to do 10. I figured recent #1 picks be there, as well as comments Timmins made on DLR and Fucale they would go high.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Just to clarify, Louis would still qualify? I'd prefer not to make a list without him.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Looks like Tinordi is slipping away here. Yes he's got everything we want but hasn't put it all together.
I don't watch much of the prospect and base my list on he say she said. Add that with my preference in what I think they could turn out to be.

1:Beaulieu-Like what I have seen and always liked the pick.
2:Tinordi-If this guy puts it all together, watch out.
3:Fucale-wow, what a winner and will have the time to develop.
4:Colberg-Even if I'm not impress with stats, got to love the wheels/shot
5: DLR-Loved what I saw in the WJC
6:Lekhonen-love is compete level and skills
7:McCarron-the most interesting potential in terms of Habs needs
8:Leblanc-time is slowly running out but he can make it
9:Thrower-the next Wiz?
10:Andrighetto-Great playmaker in the making?

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
1. Nathan Beaulieu
2. Jarred Tinordi
3. Zachary Fucale
4. Jacob de la Rose
5. Michael McCarron
6. Sebastian Collberg
7. Arturri Lehkonen
8. Sven Andrighetto
9. Martin Reway
10. Charles Hudon

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
The french Kid is starting to play much better with Kootney after trade from Kamloops dont count him out.He has a lot of talent but his work ethic and toughness has come into question but he is getting better

Sorry, not as "schooled" as a lot of posters here on our prospects.

Who is the "french Kid" playing with Kootney?

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Hey Mats..... Here's the thread you keep insinuating was deleted. Perhaps in the future give people the benefit of the doubt before making incendiary accusations/assumptions.

As stated in the thread...first one to get the correct order gets a subscription..one guess per person. Close doesn't count, so I have no idea what you're so worked up about anyway as you already lost - you apparently have some serious reading comprehension issues.

Here's some help - Beaulieu is considered to have graduated.

rexman_1998

Sep 20, 2005
1. Jacob De La Rose
2. Zachary Fucale
3. Michael McCarron
4. Sebastian Collberg
5. Jarred Tinordi
6. Arturri Lehkonen
7. Sven Andrighetto
8. Christian Thomas
9. Charles Hudon
10. Martin Reway

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Since I didn't know Beaulieu was graduated:

1. Jacob De La Rose
2.Zachary Fucale
3. Jarred Tinordi
4. Michael McCarron
5. Sebastian Collberg
6. Arturri Lehkonen
7. Sven Andrighetto
8. Greg Pateryn
9. Martin Reway
10.Charles Hudon

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
1-Tinordi
2-Fucale
3-McCarron
4-DLR
5-Pateryn
6-Andrighetto
7-Collberg
8-Lehkonen
9-Hudon
10-Reway

HM Crisp Gregoire

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hey Mats..... Here's the thread you keep insinuating was deleted. Perhaps in the future give people the benefit of the doubt before making incendiary accusations/assumptions.

As stated in the thread...first one to get the correct order gets a subscription..one guess per person. Close doesn't count, so I have no idea what you're so worked up about anyway as you already lost - you apparently have some serious reading comprehension issues.

Here's some help - Beaulieu is considered to have graduated.

How can Beaulieu be graduated...he's in Hamilton?

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
1. Tinordi
2. De La Rose
3. Collberg
4. Fucale
5. McCarron
6. Nygren
7. Andrighetto
8. Pateryn
9. Lehkonen
10. Dietz

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
How can Beaulieu be graduated...he's in Hamilton?

You see - after a story is written - it is edited and fact checked by several people called editors. Then each of these articles needs to be designed and laid out within the confines of a 60-page magazine by graphic designers and layout artists..

At this point all of the info is sent to a big building with huge metal rollers called a print shop. After it is printed, the copies need to be sent to a distributor, who over a couple of weeks manages to distribute every copy throughout North America. All of these processes take several weeks to complete.

When the Habs' article was submitted to the editors two weeks ago - it was assumed by most in the hockey world that Beaulieu was up for the rest of the season. THN's senior editors made the decision to consider him a prospect graduate.

My thoughts were that it may be a little soon, but it was not my call. A decision had to be made one way or another.

Now that you know how things work in the publishing industry...what else can you try to blame me for?

Thus far in the past day I have been accused by you of doing this strictly for the publicity - which was rather odd considering that the thread was buried five pages back..and you couldn't even find it. You'd think if I was looking for attention on this that I would have responded some time in the past three weeks to keep the thread relevant. This thought never occurred to you?

Then you insinuated that I must have deleted the thread because I didn't want to give up the prize..which at the end of the day..isn't going to cost McKeen's more than a few minutes of time to add a new subscription. Again - what made you think such a preposterous thing?

Now... it's Beaulieu graduating.. this is evidently not acceptable to you....and I guess I'm to assume you think that must be my "doing" as well, even though all I am with THN is a freelance writer and scout.

BTW - I was not yet born when JFK was assassinated - so you can't tie me to that.....I know it's crossing your mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad