This will be the best Canuck team since 2014.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Best roster ?? lol. Have you seen where pretty much everyone has us pegged to finish? I’ve not seen a SINGLE person who’s around the game predict us to make the playoffs. Highest I’ve seen us was 22nd overall finish.

this will be a wasted year and new GM will come in and be handcuffed to a shitty , salary crunched , no chemistry team.

Reactions: dwarf

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Best roster ?? lol. Have you seen where pretty much everyone has us pegged to finish? I’ve not seen a SINGLE person who’s around the game predict us to make the playoffs. Highest I’ve seen us was 22nd overall finish.

this will be a wasted year and new GM will come in and be handcuffed to a shitty , salary crunched , no chemistry team.
Who is "pretty much everyone"? It's the middle of summer and the media has largely parked hockey conversations for the time being. I haven't seen anyone making preseason predictions yet.

Reactions: Sneezy

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Who is "pretty much everyone"? It's the middle of summer and the media has largely parked hockey conversations for the time being. I haven't seen anyone making preseason predictions yet.

Melvin , Dobber, etc. Just go to the main boards and see where people have us ranked. I don’t think a 5% of people have us making the playoffs.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Melvin , Dobber, etc. Just go to the main boards and see where people have us ranked. I don’t think a 5% of people have us making the playoffs.

While I haven't looked this year, for the most part prognostications usually put teams basically about where they were the previous year, with minor adjustments for having had a playoff run and/or acquisitions. Personally I think we will be in the 10 - 15 range. It really depends on whether this team gels, Podkolzin and Garland making a difference and OEL playing like a top pairing D man again.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
But he is. Baumer was kept. It was newell brown who was kicked out. Shaw was brought in to basically be an associate coach helping out greener in all aspects. And this is from Shaw's own words.

I thought Baumgartner was being shifted to PK or something, no?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
While I haven't looked this year, for the most part prognostications usually put teams basically about where they were the previous year, with minor adjustments for having had a playoff run and/or acquisitions. Personally I think we will be in the 10 - 15 range. It really depends on whether this team gels, Podkolzin and Garland making a difference and OEL playing like a top pairing D man again.

This year it will be important for the team to take a step forward , chemistry wise. I honestly feel like this team doesn’t really like each other. A lot of glue guys gone. Tanev would host the rookies for Christmas dinner. Toffoli was in Pearson’s wedding party and now the young kids in montreal are calling him dad. Markstrom and Pettersson were very very close. Stetcher and Boeser hung out , outside of hockey for hikes etc.

now it’s been reported that the players weren’t happy with management for both the COVID schedule thing and shipping players away.

Schmidt who has an easy going personality wanted out in 10 months.
Edler who’s been here forever chose to uproot his family for the same money to go to a shitty team …

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I think I was misremembering and going off of a Drance quote from the Athletic,

"King, who was the club’s eye-in-the-sky during the 2021 season, will take over running the power play. Baumgartner will continue running the defence and penalty kill, as he has for the Canucks the past four seasons."

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
"Best team since 2014" is bit of a low bar, isn't it?
We actually had a really good gritty team in 2014 because despite #medicinehat4lyfe best efforts to "develop" Linden Vey, the team really gelled together after Miller went down and played some outstanding 4-line hockey for the ever-affable taco-loving Eddie Lack.

14-15 was the last season the 2011 core had something to play for and everyone's season point totals reflect this.

And then they got rewarded in the playoffs with amateur bush-league coaching and it all went to shit.

Which begs the question, why would you hire a junior coach if you're actually trying to make the team competitive?

Best team since 2014 isn't that low of a bar IMO.

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Yup. Benning sold our future to attain mediocre. Insane really. Another 7 years of garbage coming our way thanks to Benning.

JB is primarily concerned about staying employed even it means sacrificing long term success.

FA is primarily concerned about keeping the rink full of fans. Even a barely competitive canuck team can still sell out...

Until we have new ownership of our club , the team will stay mediocre.

Reactions: Fatass

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
This team will scrape into the playoffs after we trade our next years first rounder to add help. Its a middle pack team and thats it.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
The forward group is getting there, I love the top 6. Unfortunately the defense is way too big of a question mark, too many players that are needing to play at their best, or needing to have a massive breakout for my liking.
The goaltending is good.

I feel like this team might very well be one of the very last teams to make the playoffs this year, but a questionable defense will keep them from going very far.

If we could somehow unload Myers and replace him with a true number two, then that would be fantastic. Then again, that would also be wishful thinking, but this whole season will be wishful thinking.

Whether this is the best team since 2014 or not, I just finally want to see a good product on the ice, rather than the crap we witnessed for the past 7 years.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Since 2014??? LOL what a disaster these seven years have been. If we had a mindset of fans that had real expectations the title would be since 2011

Which of course would be a joke as this team has been run into the ground faster than a FAILED bungee jumper under this guy

jim-benning-canucks-gm.png

BTW since the GM destroyed our future by losing picks and prospects left right in centre lately i would hope to hell next season would be his best. Hopefully not like last season was suppose to be lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad