Speculation: This trade deadline you are GM for your team. And only for the deadline.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
If I'm the Canes, I probably stand pat unless something comes along in the form of a "hockey trade" that I feel improves the mix in the room.

There are no glaring holes to address where the solution isn't already there (goal should sort itself out by the playoffs start) or simply beyond fixing. (Nobody is sending us a 2C who is a finisher and plays RBA hockey, to complement our room full of playmakers, for anything we have to offer.)

With Freddy slated to come back soonish (barring a setback, a month to get back to game shape seems possible), the goalies currently in our organization are suitable to keep us in the mix until then.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think we stay in the playoff race for the rest of the season and there is going to be no issue with possibly falling out. So I am a buyer and willing to offload a big piece to get a bigger one.

trade veleno, maatta, perron, ghost, reimer, husso and picks/retention if needed for one of markstrom/saros/vejmelka and one of hanifin/zadorov (if cheap).

If it doesn't cost a lot to do, then probably wouldn't mind going after guentzel and buchnevich, but I'd be content with the above.

As far as the big piece goes, I'd be willing to trade walman if and only if, we have already traded maatta and received hanifin in some other deal. This gives way to edvinsson free and clear to come up. I like walman, rather a lot actually, but I don't know if he will be in the long-term plans or not.

If I get what I want? This is the lineup:

Guentzel - Larkin - Raymond
DBC - Compher - Kane
Berggren - Copp - Sprong
Fabbri - Fischer - Rasmussen
Kostin

Walman - Seider
Hanifin - Petry
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Zadorov

Lyon
Markstrom

the traded players vs the players coming in works under the cap. Gives us a couple more million to resign kane/seider/raymond for next year as well. We are probably losing a lot of picks/prospects in the process though so idk. That's what I'd do.
Ever hear of the salary cap? That isn't going to work at all.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Avs would have the best 2C that's even remotely on the market by the end of the deadline if I was the GM. Whether its Trevor Zegras or Casey Mittelstadt, they'd be on the Avs roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad