This team is NOT built for playoff success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
This is literally the best Leafs team we’ve seen in like a couple decades and folks want to blow up 70% of it?

I’m at a loss right now for words

HFB is the best example of common sense not being common.

One of the top teams in the league with a top Management team and it seems like people who have 0 experience always seem to know better. Smdh

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
They are not the best team to watch though. I can’t remember the last time I’ve switch from a Leaf game to another game when the Leafs were a legit playoff team. I’ve done it several times this year.

Well just because YOU do it doesn't mean you are being rational.

If anything this team this year has proven that you should never give up on them and change the channel.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I love a good fight once in a while, but my God is this toughness issue overblown.

Who was the Penguins toughest player on their back to back Cup winning teams?

Hornqvist? Kunitz?

So dramatic.

Pitts had a lot of gritty players on those team including Crosby and Malkin. They had skilled gritty guys. We have skilled guys. Gritty skilled guys> skilled guys.

Reactions: thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This team has no backup that can potentially win. Sparks is not good enough for that
This team has no defenders that are even at all NHL level right now in the event someone important goes down
This team has a very small 4th line with little experience.
This team has no real forwards that can fill in at this point whom have experience.

If the 4th line has a 3rd bad game in a row tonight, it will confirm to me Lindy and Brown are not very good. Ennis is just too small. I don't like our 4th line or our defense and tender reserves. Very thin now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pitts had a lot of gritty players on those team including Crosby and Malkin. They had skilled gritty guys. We have skilled guys. Gritty skilled guys> skilled guys.

Matthews gets in there this year. He took a big step in playing more like Crosby which is nice.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
We need at least one skilled gritty guy (Simmonds, Anderson) in our group to replace one or two of Ennis/Brown who are absolutely redundant on this team and we need a tough, no nonsense crease clearer who can skate and make an outlet pass (or that can get the puck to one of Rielly/Dermott/Gardiner)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This team has no backup that can potentially win. Sparks is not good enough for that
This team has no defenders that are even at all NHL level right now in the event someone important goes down
This team has no real forwards that can fill in at this point whom have experience.

If the 4th line has a 3rd bad game in a row tonight, it will confirm to me Lindy and Brown are not very good. Ennis is just too small. I don't like our 4th line or our defense and tender reserves. Very thin now.

Sparks has been one of the better backups in the league so far.

This team is loaded with fill in defenders, from two solid fill ins in Marincin and Holl, to kids like Sandin, Liljegren, Rosen, Borgman playing very well in the AHL.

Reactions: Its not your fault

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

This team is loaded with fill in defenders, from two solid fill ins in Marincin and Holl, to kids like Sandin, Liljegren, Rosen, Borgman playing very well in the AHL.

It's not a good backup, it's a good team. The goalie sucks. Sparks is a nightmare, technically terrible.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto

Our 4th line was one of the best before trading Leivo away.

I believe our team can win. I just don't think we are gonna win just throwing hail marys aka stretch passes to exit our zone in the playoffs. Its not worked the past two series and against good teams in the regular season as well. I prefer short passes and zone entries but Babcock wants chip and chase and stretch passes. Blame Gardiner all you want but he is following the instructions to stretch pass everything

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leafs need some Power Plays in the playoffs.
Andersen needs to steal a few games.

And our 2 Cs need to outperform their top 2 lines.

Boston's top line totally neutralized Matthews / Nylander last year.
If that is the matchup, Tavares needs to step up.

RubberHead

Apr 15, 2018
The Leafs may have lost the game in Boston but they won on character. I was quite happy to see them sticking up for each other, letting the bear know that they would stand up to them.
I don't want them making a trade for a tough cement foot player. The toughness will come with time. Character builds toughness. These guys are young and with Nylander just jumping aboard, he will be a boat anchor to the team for a while, but come playoff time these guys might just be skilled and nasty. Championship teams are skilled and nasty.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Man. Do you watch hockey or just study numbers? He's two starts away from waivers if he keeps it up. Feel free to save this post. I still remember all your steamy Reimer as good as Freddie posts, again MAN.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Man. Do you watch hockey or just study numbers? He's two starts away from waivers if he keeps it up. Feel free to save this post. I still remember all your steamy Reimer as good as Freddie posts, again MAN.

Though if we want to go the eyetest road McBackup LOOKS terrible too, even in games he plays well in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad