Post-Game Talk: This team cannot be stopped

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
We just beat the two best teams in the league on a back-to-back, and we're the 3rd worst team in the league.

This team makes no sense, but it's an entertaining lack of sense.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
We just beat Washington and Pittsburgh.. Petr Mrazek is playing really well, and our D is getting better. Top line is going, Vanek's going, and Ott with that fourth line are playing lights out.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Not a bad game, in general.

Of note:
Larkin got benched.
Letang -3

Letang sucks against Detroit or is injured. It's weird. Love Letang though.

Larkin deserved the benching. No idea about that third line of Helm, Abby and Larkin. It's just a cluster.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
What if these two performances motivate Holland to stand pat at the deadline?

Maybe he'll even become a buyer.

I'm curious if he re-signs Vanek. I'd be okay with that. If not, you HAVE to move him. We can't just let him walk in the summer.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I said a couple weeks ago that the team finds a way go make it. 6 points isnt inconceivable...

You need special teams. Despite our **** D, weak goaltending and bad offense, if we had a PP that was half decent, we're in right now. PP has looked okay lately, but it's too little too late. I'd bet against a consistent PP to end the season.

We are seriously the only East team with less points than games played.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I would be decidedly un-okay with it. This team needs a multi-year rebuild, not a one-off.

This team isn't going full rebuild. You know that, and I know that. They're going to compete next season so if so, I'm kind of okay with re-signing Vanek over standing pat. Ideally we trade him and re-sign him in the summer. Then we hopefully lose one of Helm/Abdelkader, find a team for Howard, and make a blockbuster for a centre or a D.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
We're not even close to a spot. When we get closer then you can toot your own horn :laugh:

Did you even read my post? I didn't mean it in an arrogant way. I'm not tooting my own horn which is a dumb phrase to use in this circumstance.

If Mrazek continues to play well... and the team remains playing like they've been, it's entirely possible. Despite logic and hate on this board, the team has embarrassingly underachieved - and it starts with Trashill.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Did you even read my post? I didn't mean it in an arrogant way. I'm not tooting my own horn which is a dumb phrase to use in this circumstance.

If Mrazek continues to play well... and the team remains playing like they've been, it's entirely possible. Despite logic and hate on this board, the team has embarrassingly underachieved - and it starts with Trashill.

I didn't mean to come off that way lol

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We're two points out of last in the east and Carolina has 5 games on us. There's still a lot of hope for a top 5 pick.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
You need special teams. Despite our **** D, weak goaltending and bad offense, if we had a PP that was half decent, we're in right now. PP has looked okay lately, but it's too little too late. I'd bet against a consistent PP to end the season.

We are seriously the only East team with less points than games played.

We have a pp. they just have never been on the ice together.: laugh: It does not include Sproul and AA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad