GDT: This one might have more flair ;) Hurricanes vs Avalanche 11AM MST

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
if entertaining the thought of Kamenev at 2C, why not throw jost on his wing and see if that sparks something? Jost-Kam-Kerfoot, and behind them, Wilson-Soda-Sven.

I wish Barrie was enough to grab Nylander :/

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Let's have Nieto - Jost - Calvert as the 4th line. They'll never score, but maybe the other lines will then.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Curious why people think Kam is going to be any more effective at 2C than Jost is.
For me its more of Kam having earned more 5 v 5 minutes while Jost has been gifted top PP minutes and 5 v 5 minutes and has done nothing with them. I don't know if he will be more effective but at this point its worth a look.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
And he's Russian, I love Russians. Best names.

Notably someone called him Vladimir. It's Vladislav.

I really like his style of play. He seems to skate in the right places and be a force of poise while Calvert speeds and flops all over the place. Even better, when he loses a puck battle he's extremely dogged, often screws up the opposing rush or even gets the puck back.

On a slightly different note I really hope that 1st from Ottawa is top 10. I don't like how the two best assets by far came from Nashville. Ottawa must pay!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Notably someone called him Vladimir. It's Vladislav.

I really like his style of play. He seems to skate in the right places and be a force of poise while Calvert speeds and flops all over the place. Even better, when he loses a puck battle he's extremely dogged, often screws up the opposing rush or even gets the puck back.

On a slightly different note I really hope that 1st from Ottawa is top 10. I don't like how the two best assets by far came from Nashville. Ottawa must pay!

Yeah he kind of reminds me of Soda in the way he plays, smart poised type of player.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Curious why people think Kam is going to be any more effective at 2C than Jost is.

Better fit with Kerfoot imo. Two big guys with kerfoot will open it up for him.

I maintain my pre season stance that kerfoot, jost, ghetto must be spread over 3 lines. Right now, kerfoot has played much better than Jost offensively, so keep him on line 2 and move Jost beside Soderberg.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man, do I detest clubs with a team wide diving policy. Must have been five or six in that game. Forwards flopping to the ice, defenseman flopping to the ice, goaltenders flopping to the ice and just laying there. I think I saw three guys flop to the ice to buy calls and just lay there for 3-4 seconds, before jumping up looking fine when they didn't get the call. Maybe if you guys focus on playing hockey for a change you might get somewhere as a team.

The Avs served that game up for the Canes on a silver platter in the third and all they seemed to be interested in was buying more bad calls from the refs.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
Why not stack the second line?

Jost-Soderberg-Kerfoot

Kerfoot and Soderberg are our 4th and 5th best offensive forwards. Take some defensive pressure off Jost by moving him to the wing. He's still a decent possession forward and has more talent than the remaining players.

Let Kamenev and Compher center the 3rd and 4th lines with some combination of wingers.

Dano - Kamenev - Andrighetto
Wilson - Compher - Calvert

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Why not stack the second line?

Jost-Soderberg-Kerfoot

Kerfoot and Soderberg are our 4th and 5th best offensive forwards. Take some defensive pressure off Jost by moving him to the wing. He's still a decent possession forward and has more talent than the remaining players.

Let Kamenev and Compher center the 3rd and 4th lines with some combination of wingers.

Dano - Kamenev - Andrighetto
Wilson - Compher - Calvert
I could get behind this line up for sure. I'd probably swap Wilson and Dano though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think the way to get Barrie going is to limit him. You just have to keep throwing him out there in his usual situations and hope he gets going at some point here. I said after last game I don't think he has played a game to the level he's capable of yet this season and that certainly didn't change after today. Not sure what his deal is but he hasn't looked like himself.

I think it's as simple as he just needs to wake up and start the season. He's looked lackadaisical all year so far, and especially in this game. Tons of lost battles and poor turnovers. He's giving very little effort on his backchecks too. Many times he's just let the man skate past him in the neutral zone for a loose puck, making his teammate have to hustle to cover his man. These are all mental mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad