Post-Game Talk: This is 40. Toronto beat up on Habs 5:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
No kidding. Just do something completely absurd to change it up.

Use Spezza or some shit for another shooting / one-timer threat. Take both Marner and Matthews off the half wall and let Nylander/JT have a shot at it.

This has probably all been said at one point or another. Regardless.

They need to fire the puck faster and just have a guy in the area to try to deal with the rebound or at least keep the pick alive for others who can put it in. Too much handling and letting the opposition and goalie set up.

They also need a threat from the point, this is a glaring weakness. Four players box out, collapse when it comes down low, knowing damned well no D on the Leafs is going to rocket it.

Maybe they are just teasing us all until the postseason when Muzzin will start firing it. I know that Simmonds had a strong showing on the PP before his injury. He was like a dog on a bone. I'd like to see that in the playoffs at the very least.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Sorry , set ups look similar and it seems like fir the most part it’s the same players
They've had Matthews on his off side, proper side and in a lower/net front role with the hand stuff at times. That's the most obvious example.

They've also had double screens, single screens and little to no screens (passing options instead) for the side setups

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I thought the rule was the player is not allowed to stand in the blue paint or the goal gets waived off (unless the player gets pushed there by opposition player)

I think the crease rule is gone. Maybe it's a judgement call based on whether the puck is there, or going to be there.

As it were I didn't see any interference on that goal.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
As a Habs fan who knows y’all are going to rightfully dominate us in the playoffs (we’re nowhere near ready), I sincerely hope you’re the team that wins the Stanley Cup this year. You guys built a hell of a contender - solid throughout (something my team should learn from, but won’t because they’re f***ing idiots), and with Toronto being my second home (and home to my favourite time of the year- TIFF time, yes I’m a huge film buff and work in the industry), I’m happily rooting for you guys and for all my buddies in Toronto! Also, you’re way overdue!

You won’t get to hear this often from me, but Go Leafs Go :) (I feel like such a traitor to my Habs - but whatever: they suck!)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Matthews has essentially locked up the Rocket. Just glad we get to watch a truly special player whenever he plays. I'd say he's the best Leaf of my lifetime. And, I say that with great reverence of Gilmour and Sundin.

Let's hope we carry this momentum into the playoffs.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
As a Habs fan who knows y’all are going to rightfully dominate us in the playoffs (we’re nowhere near ready), I sincerely hope you’re the team that wins the Stanley Cup this year. You guys built a hell of a contender - solid throughout (something my team should learn from, but won’t because they’re f***ing idiots), and with Toronto being my second home (and home to my favourite time of the year- TIFF time, yes I’m a huge film buff and work in the industry), I’m happily rooting for you guys and for all my buddies in Toronto! Also, you’re way overdue!

You won’t get to hear this often from me, but Go Leafs Go :) (I feel like such a traitor to my Habs - but whatever: they suck!)
Look at your profile pic and name again !!!!!!!!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

this jinx aint gonna work there bud. nice try though....

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Mopar

May 3, 2021
Much better result tonight. The way it should be against the Habs. Leafs took it easy after dominating the first period. Scoreboard flatters the Habs a little bit.

Matthews got #40 and no injuries. Mission accomplished. Onto Saturday.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Fred allowed 2 soft ones tonight in a loss ;)
I watched that. He started off shaky but got better and more comfortable as the game went on. Marlies were also a turnover machine early on.

For what it's worth, Joseph Woll was worse.

That Marlies D really struggled to defend, and none of them could shoot. Overall, the Marlies looked smaller than Manitoba.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I watched that. He started off shaky but got better and more comfortable as the game went on. Marlies were also a turnover machine early on.

For what it's worth, Joseph Woll was worse.

That Marlies D really struggled to defend, and none of them could shoot. Overall, the Marlies looked smaller than Manitoba.
I know ;)
I was just being a goof ball
I like right said Fred as he’s way sexier than my cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad