Post-Game Talk: This is 40. Toronto beat up on Habs 5:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
jb.gif

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
As a Habs fan who knows y’all are going to rightfully dominate us in the playoffs (we’re nowhere near ready), I sincerely hope you’re the team that wins the Stanley Cup this year. You guys built a hell of a contender - solid throughout (something my team should learn from, but won’t because they’re f***ing idiots), and with Toronto being my second home (and home to my favourite time of the year- TIFF time, yes I’m a huge film buff and work in the industry), I’m happily rooting for you guys and for all my buddies in Toronto! Also, you’re way overdue!

You won’t get to hear this often from me, but Go Leafs Go :) (I feel like such a traitor to my Habs - but whatever: they suck!)

I may be unpopular on here when I say I root for Canadian teams whenever the Leafs aren't in the playoffs, including the Habs. Also my wife and grandfather are Habs fans. Though, she hates the Leafs, no compromise there.

There are more closet Leaf fans this year in Montreal than in prior years due to the type of creative talent this team has. Let's face it, this team plays with a bit of swagger and finesse the old Hab teams used to play.

Cheers. Glad you enjoy Toronto also.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Habs fans whining and balling their eyes out because the Leafs played their best guys in the 5 on 3 powerplay in the last few minutes.

You want success as an NHL team, stop caring about the feelings of the failures below you and build confidence and a system of success. The Leafs are finally doing this.

No apologies hockey.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What a game by the boys. If Nucks hold on and one more Win and then start Load MGT.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I watched that. He started off shaky but got better and more comfortable as the game went on. Marlies were also a turnover machine early on.

For what it's worth, Joseph Woll was worse.

That Marlies D really struggled to defend, and none of them could shoot. Overall, the Marlies looked smaller than Manitoba.

Not by much, and the defense was worse in front of Woll than they were in front of Andersen. Andersen let in pretty much their two main breakdowns. Woll at least was able to save a few of those breakdowns.

Size has nothing to do with it. IQ is the problem. Even when they have time it is like they are purposely making the absolute worse move possible. Nobody is in the right place. They all have skill, they can all shoot, and they can all play hard but they can't make basic, fundamental plays most of the time. Maybe they just suck but it mostly started under Moore and our management does not value low IQ players... I highly doubt it is a coincidence that they just randomly forget how to play hockey as soon as they reach the Marlies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Habs fans whining and balling their eyes out because the Leafs played their best guys in the 5 on 3 powerplay in the last few minutes.

You want success as an NHL team, stop caring about the feelings of the failures below you and build confidence and a system of success. The Leafs are finally doing this.

No apologies hockey.
Those “fans” complaining over something so little are the same fans that will jump in the air and be all happy after the Habs win their first following a 16-game losing streak. There are a lot more things to be upset about (e.g.: how inept our management has been since forever). Good on the Leafs, do what you gotta do to win. Us Habs would do the same if the roles were reversed. No mercy.

latest

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Not by much, and the defense was worse in front of Woll than they were in front of Andersen. Andersen let in pretty much their two main breakdowns. Woll at least was able to save a few of those breakdowns.

Size has nothing to do with it. IQ is the problem. Even when they have time it is like they are purposely making the absolute worse move possible. Nobody is in the right place. They all have skill, they can all shoot, and they can all play hard but they can't make basic, fundamental plays most of the time. Maybe they just suck but it mostly started under Moore and our management does not value low IQ players... I highly doubt it is a coincidence that they just randomly forget how to play hockey as soon as they reach the Marlies.
I've only seen two Marlie games this season, and neither was pretty. Maybe Covid messed up some of their plans.

I can't comment much on the coach other than to say Manitoba's coach sounded more impressive in the pre-game comments.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

No apologies hockey.

I mean, we desperately need the PP practice. I don't care how late in the game it is, our normal units need to be out there to try and work through their issues before the playoffs.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->