New York Islanders: Third Jersey Announced

When will the 3rd jersey be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Just wish they had done the shoulders differently...I cannot stand the way they look. My impression is subject to change based on how it looks with someone wearing it though, that could make a difference.
I suspect that they will look much better on the players, at least I hope so. I think the white will be more on top of the shoulders are opposed to draping down the front which is how it looks when they are laying flat.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I suspect that they will look much better on the players, at least I hope so. I think the white will be more on top of the shoulders are opposed to draping down the front which is how it looks when they are laying flat.
I really hope your right, because right now it just looks laughable to me. Even the back makes it look like they come down too far.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
They Look ok, but when I go to my five games a year, I purposely check to see if they are wearing real islanders jerseys or 3rd jerseys and I don't go if it's not islanders jerseys. I know I'm in the minority on it being a big deal, but for me, the only benefit of being a islanders fan is seeing those jerseys and thinking off the very old days...I get nothing else out of the team.
You constantly fixate on the absolute weirdest sh*t...

Reactions: MJF and Eberzal

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Just came to this thread and when I first saw it I hated it. Honestly, the white shoulders kill me. They are too wide and shaped weirdly. Almost looks like a nun's habit. Really don't like them at all and they kill the jersey for me.

Then, I see that they will have orange numbers and the white name with orange outline. That looks killer and kind of brings the jersey back to tolerable range for me. Just wish they had done the shoulders differently...I cannot stand the way they look. My impression is subject to change based on how it looks with someone wearing it though, that could make a difference.

images

Yup, totally agree on those white shoulders. Except I see a pilgrim.

32709.jpg

They'll look good for Thanksgiving!

Reactions: LeapOnOver

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
The new one is alright; nothing awe-inspiring, but not contraversial . Very similar to the 3rds that they wore during the last year at NVMC, and I liked those a lot.

Love the Coyotes acid trip logo/3rd jersey. I remember liking that team during my childhood primarily because of that logo. Also thought Keith Tkachuk was awesome bc he was on the cover of NHL Breakaway 98 for N64

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I would actually put the Isles near the top of the list. Most of those don't do much for me either, and the author somehow put Anaheim's abomination at #5. I like St Louis' the best.

I'm still waiting to see what our third looks like with someone wearing it. The pilgrim/nun shoulders are still killing me every time I look at them. I think ours is right where it should be...

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Sign me up for this one:

265f8429055251b58817de0bc191ea6c

Lol... When seeing some of this pictures with the diagonally placed “Ducks” letterd jerseys.

Way too many opportunities for my inappropriate mind to fill-in the missing letters caused by wrinkles or equipment blockage...

Ducks -> D*cks or *ucks!

But, I always thought it would be a great idea to move the Soundtigers to the Coliseum and change their name to the LI Ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad