New York Islanders: Third Jersey Announced

When will the 3rd jersey be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not really digging it. I'll reserve judgement until I see it on a player though. Like the use of Long Island itself though, I'd like to see that used as the crest sometime.
That's exactly what I said elsewhere a few months ago. Go with the LI shillouett as the logo because it's perfect in representing the team's whole identity. Instead unremarkable Stadium Series rehash.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
...... I like it? Dig the orange numbers too. Need a Barzy one asap.

Simple and clean. I really hope the gloves have orange or white fingers also.

Reactions: Quicklime

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
The current home jerseys have the same amount of blue as these. I'd rather have a predominantly blue than predominantly orange jersey. As a designer, what is your opinion of the Islanders logo and color scheme? Personally I think it's horrendous. They're my favorite team so of course I think the classic jerseys look "nice" but when you're trying to come up with something new and cool with those colors and that logo... Ugh, good luck.

The stadium series jersey was OK but I think this is an improvement. Probably my second favorite one. I really liked the black NY jersey. The pumpkins and the first black were awful. As were the fisherman, the wave and the patchwork. Although those last three were actually primary jersey.

The amount of blue is the same as the home jersey — but not — because so much of the Islanders Circle logo is missing, and it appears the arm stripes are far thinner.
Also — the Orange numbers on the blue — HUGE issue. Blue and Orange are complimentary colors which means they "vibrate" making it tough to read the numbers.

As a designed — since you asked :)

The Islanders logo is "weak" at best. It's contrived. A map of Long Island? The "Y" becoming a hockey stick is "meh." The color scheme is god awful. I have never been a fan of putting blue and orange together — particularly those tints of blue and orange. But — the logo kind of works as a logo even in its weakness. The elements there all tie together nice and neat inside the circle.

BUT…

Take away one element from the logo, and it totally turns to road apples — otherwise known as crap!!!!

As a designer, Islander fan and hockey fan... the Islanders can have a third jersey, but they MUST either keep the Islander crest unchanged within the design of the third jersey, or move the logo to the shoulder, and come up with something completely different. I did a very quick down and dirty logo of the Montauk Light House as my avatar years ago. This was like me putting no thought into it, but I wanted to capture something distinctly Long Island, without a map, something classic hockey (the sticks and puck) and the history (the 4 "spikes" in light gray/silver" for the 4 cups.) To me, this is probably better suited for the shoulder patch then the actual Islander Logo — but then again — its not like I put much time into it.

Still — this is all to try and sell merch to make money. Me — I will wear either my Tonelli or Potvin jerseys with the classic logo and colors. Been doing so since the 1970s :)

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
As a designer — it looks like someone forgot to add a few elements to it.

In a "nutshell" — a dog's butt as its pooping looks better!!!!!

If the Orange 3rd jerseys were referenced as the Pumpkin Jersey, then this has to be the Blueberry Jersey.

Seriously — is this the BEST the Islanders design people can come up with? Every third jersey of the Islanders has been embarrassing. Truly!!!

You're complaining of this jersey is way more embarrassing. Like, it's fine to have a 'meh' reaction but to add that bolded line is just pure 100% typical islander fan bullshit I can't stand.

Go yell at the clouds.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
A big piano on the front with Billy Joel's face in it.

I'm so tired of hearing about Billy Joel. I'm pretty sure his drinking problem (and every musicians addiction) is based around having to play the same 80% of his catalog at every performance.

Even more mind numbing is people paying serious cash to see a Billy Joel cover band. Ill never understand it.

Sorry, back to the jersey talk....

Reactions: Korker

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Add a broken white circle (a lá Tampa) with orange trim – it would look better IMO.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Lmao we’re practically Family!!! It’s Ray! Look out for the save the dates for my wedding. We’re starting to send them out!!

Small world. I’ll text you. Love you bro!

No way! haha that's too funny....all this time and we had no idea we were both on the boards. looking forward to it man! text me and lets figure out opening night!!

Reactions: SI90

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lmao we’re practically Family!!! It’s Ray! Look out for the save the dates for my wedding. We’re starting to send them out!!

Small world. I’ll text you. Love you bro!

I'll be expecting mine in the mail then

Beat me to it.

That’s the last thing I need. All the HF knuckleheads at my wedding. ;)

I’m lucky she’s marrying me with how hockey and HF obsessed I am lol

I did turn her into a die hard though!!

Kuhnhacklheads*

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The amount of blue is the same as the home jersey — but not — because so much of the Islanders Circle logo is missing, and it appears the arm stripes are far thinner.
Also — the Orange numbers on the blue — HUGE issue. Blue and Orange are complimentary colors which means they "vibrate" making it tough to read the numbers.

As a designed — since you asked :)

The Islanders logo is "weak" at best. It's contrived. A map of Long Island? The "Y" becoming a hockey stick is "meh." The color scheme is god awful. I have never been a fan of putting blue and orange together — particularly those tints of blue and orange. But — the logo kind of works as a logo even in its weakness. The elements there all tie together nice and neat inside the circle.

BUT…

Take away one element from the logo, and it totally turns to road apples — otherwise known as crap!!!!

As a designer, Islander fan and hockey fan... the Islanders can have a third jersey, but they MUST either keep the Islander crest unchanged within the design of the third jersey, or move the logo to the shoulder, and come up with something completely different. I did a very quick down and dirty logo of the Montauk Light House as my avatar years ago. This was like me putting no thought into it, but I wanted to capture something distinctly Long Island, without a map, something classic hockey (the sticks and puck) and the history (the 4 "spikes" in light gray/silver" for the 4 cups.) To me, this is probably better suited for the shoulder patch then the actual Islander Logo — but then again — its not like I put much time into it.

Still — this is all to try and sell merch to make money. Me — I will wear either my Tonelli or Potvin jerseys with the classic logo and colors. Been doing so since the 1970s :)

Yeah, I hear ya. Orange numbers on blue is not my favorite either. But I suspect they did that as a nod to the original 1972 jerseys. The blue numbers on the orange thirds was bad as well - it was hard to read.

I personally like the NY logo.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
They Look ok, but when I go to my five games a year, I purposely check to see if they are wearing real islanders jerseys or 3rd jerseys and I don't go if it's not islanders jerseys. I know I'm in the minority on it being a big deal, but for me, the only benefit of being a islanders fan is seeing those jerseys and thinking off the very old days...I get nothing else out of the team.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
They Look ok, but when I go to my five games a year, I purposely check to see if they are wearing real islanders jerseys or 3rd jerseys and I don't go if it's not islanders jerseys. I know I'm in the minority on it being a big deal, but for me, the only benefit of being a islanders fan is seeing those jerseys and thinking off the very old days...I get nothing else out of the team.
Makes sense.

:whaaa?:

Reactions: TommytheCat

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Thank you for your valued commentary. Insightful as ever.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Absolutely bro!

Please , not the Friday after Thanksgiving . Been to a few on that day . Kills the whole weekend . Plus we usually have a 1pm home game . Everyone will tell you get married ,get married it's the best thing then right after you say I do and turn around all your friends will be laughing at you sucka. But I'm sure your gal is different than all the rest . Best of luck for a lifetime of happiness.

LGI

Reactions: sebsisles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad