New York Islanders: Third Jersey Announced

When will the 3rd jersey be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Would have preferred orange, but these are okay. Wish they'd put something on the shoulders. Making it orange instead of blue would have improved it way more, it's redundant to me when teams have two jerseys of the same color.

Glad it's not a full-blown throwback. Third jerseys should not be throwbacks. Wear throwbacks on an occasion here and there, but there's no need to that boring and have a lack of creativity.

Hoping they have some gear with the new NY logo on it aside from the jersey though, nice to have something else to use instead of just the regular logo.

Reactions: Quicklime and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Please , not the Friday after Thanksgiving . Been to a few on that day . Kills the whole weekend . Plus we usually have a 1pm home game . Everyone will tell you get married ,get married it's the best thing then right after you say I do and turn around all your friends will be laughing at you sucka. But I'm sure your gal is different than all the rest . Best of luck for a lifetime of happiness.

LGI

No, they’re all the same! That’s why I waited 13 years to propose!!! Something had to give. Lol

Thanks for the kind words!

Reactions: Sparksrus3

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
It's ok. It does look similar to the SS jerseys which I actually liked. It just feels like something is missing.
However, I do love there is no laces by the throat like the regular jerseys

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Will they be making a model for men too?

Seriously, I'm okay with the back, but the front blows.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
The orange numbers definitely help, still would have preferred the orange jersey, but seems like I have to get it with a name/number now to give it more orange. Just don't know who to get.

My last two current players jerseys have been Jaro and Matty Marts. As much as I love Martin, I don't know how long he will be here again to get a second jersey with his name on it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The orange numbers definitely help, still would have preferred the orange jersey, but seems like I have to get it with a name/number now to give it more orange. Just don't know who to get.

My last two current players jerseys have been Jaro and Matty Marts. As much as I love Martin, I don't know how long he will be here again to get a second jersey with his name on it.

Barzal will be here for awhile if healthy. Safe bet.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I'm just not digging the white shoulder thing. It's a little odd looking.

I would really prefer if they were broken up by something. I love all the modified lighthouse logos people made, that would have been a cool touch. Same color shoulders would have definitely looked better regardless.

Barzal will be here for awhile if healthy. Safe bet.

That's who I was leaning towards. I do like #13 as well. Though am I being petty if it annoys me he spells Mat with only one two and I'm a Matt with two T's (which is the proper way)? :laugh:

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I would really prefer if they were broken up by something. I love all the modified lighthouse logos people made, that would have been a cool touch. Same color shoulders would have definitely looked better regardless.

That's who I was leaning towards. I do like #13 as well. Though am I being petty if it annoys me he spells Mat with only one two and I'm a Matt with two T's (which is the proper way)? :laugh:

That actually bothers me too but I think he came flying out of the womb so quick they didn’t have time to put the other t!

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Usually it would mess with my ocd but I actually like the name in white with the numbers in orange.

We really need them to release the whole uniform on one of the players.

The jersey itself... es ok. The lettering and numbers are probably the best part.

Reactions: SI90

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Usually it would mess with my ocd but I actually like the name in white with the numbers in orange.

We really need them to release the whole uniform on one of the players.

Hm, not a fan of the lettering being white with the numbers orange. Wish it was orange for both

Reactions: PK Cronin

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Glad they ditched the Noir et Blanc BS, those were a total gimmick.

This looks like a less shiny version of the stadium series, which is what quite a few of us said we would be happy with. Now I’m officially confused as to why Lehner featured the fisherman on his helmet, besides the fact the character looks somewhat like a Viking and Lehner is from the Nordic region?

It’s a really trivial piece when all is said and done. I care about whose wearing the jerseys and what kind of effort they are giving night in & night out.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Just came to this thread and when I first saw it I hated it. Honestly, the white shoulders kill me. They are too wide and shaped weirdly. Almost looks like a nun's habit. Really don't like them at all and they kill the jersey for me.

Then, I see that they will have orange numbers and the white name with orange outline. That looks killer and kind of brings the jersey back to tolerable range for me. Just wish they had done the shoulders differently...I cannot stand the way they look. My impression is subject to change based on how it looks with someone wearing it though, that could make a difference.

images

Reactions: Lt Dan Ice Cream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad