Speculation: Things I plan on not take for granted after COVID-19 is under control

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We get some every night, but unfortunately the panic shoppers that insist on hoarding ruin it for everybody else. Doesn’t take long to “wipe” out that aisle. (Pun intended)

At store level we do not control product limits. We can put up notices advising customers to limit their purchases to two as quantities are in short supply, but it is impossible to police all day.

Until the panic buying calms down and the warehouse can replenish it’s going to be a struggle to get our full assortment from day to day to serve all of our customers.
I've seen some stores are putting it behind the customer service counter. It's batshit crazy for me. I have about 8 rolls at home and I won't start looking for some again until I get down to 2, at which time I will buy one package.

If worse comes to worse, I guess it will be extra showers *shrugs*

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've seen some stores are putting it behind the customer service counter. It's batshit crazy for me. I have about 8 rolls at home and I won't start looking for some again until I get down to 2, at which time I will buy one package.

If worse comes to worse, I guess it will be extra showers *shrugs*

How are things in Florida Jet?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
How are things in Florida Jet?
Hey! Good question!

According to Canadians, Florida is a cesspool of disease and teenagers partying and infecting the world. (and that was before coronavirus :laugh:)

In reality, Florida has decided not to wait for the big orange idiot to actually come up with a plan. All non essential businesses are closed down, all beaches are closed, and it's actually pretty quiet around here.

The stores do empty out of canned and frozen food, TP and staples like rice and potatoes, but they are pretty good at getting it restocked.

The State and local governments, whilst not acting as fast as would have been ideal, have definitely stepped up here. Florida went out and bought a shit ton of COVID-19 tests (they had more than the rest of the country combined). What people seem to forget is the very livelyhood and survival of Floridians is based off of hospitality and tourism, which really complicated the decision to close everything.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey! Good question!

According to Canadians, Florida is a cesspool of disease and teenagers partying and infecting the world. (and that was before coronavirus :laugh:)

In reality, Florida has decided not to wait for the big orange idiot to actually come up with a plan. All non essential businesses are closed down, all beaches are closed, and it's actually pretty quiet around here.

The stores do empty out of canned and frozen food, TP and staples like rice and potatoes, but they are pretty good at getting it restocked.

The State and local governments, whilst not acting as fast as would have been ideal, have definitely stepped up here. Florida went out and bought a shit ton of COVID-19 tests (they had more than the rest of the country combined). What people seem to forget is the very livelyhood and survival of Floridians is based off of hospitality and tourism, which really complicated the decision to close everything.

Testing is such a massively important part of this. Gates was mentioning yesterday they have much less intrusive tests now approved by the FDA that can be mass produced much quicker. That could be a turning point in the fight from the medium term strategy.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Scored some TP at Walmart on regent this morning, 2 12 packs left on the shelf I took one actually felt embarrassed walking to the till, a worker there told me that seniors are getting in the store early and virtually everyone of them is buying the max of 2.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Scored some TP at Walmart on regent this morning, 2 12 packs left on the shelf I took one actually felt embarrassed walking to the till, a worker there told me that seniors are getting in the store early and virtually everyone of them is buying the max of 2.
Guess it Depends on the senior :sarcasm:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We got quite a bit of toilet paper in at Superstore on St.Annes today .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad