Speculation: Things I plan on not take for granted after COVID-19 is under control

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agree with all of this especially the grocery workers .:jk: This is a great list , only thing i would add is travel , kind of took that for granted too .

I know you are being humble but it’s a huge deal. People working the cash out spots are on the front line. They see people non stop all day and don’t get to social distance. It is incredibly essential and carries allot of risk. It maybe never use to be a big deal but it has been instantly elevated to rock star status in my mind. I am not kidding. It’s a huge deal to keep the groceries flowing to keep people calm.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know you are being humble but it’s a huge deal. People working the cash out spots are on the front line. They see people non stop all day and don’t get to social distance. It is incredibly essential and carries allot of risk. It maybe never use to be a big deal but it has been instantly elevated to rock star status in my mind. I am not kidding. It’s a huge deal to keep the groceries flowing to keep people calm.
It's great that they installed the Plexiglas , i agree the cashier is a rough position right now but they don't even bag the groceries . :laugh: I don't deal with customers for too long so i have it easy . It's my back , knees , hands and feet that take the beating . :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Fellow Superstore workers unite!!!! Definitely don’t have the 35 years you have. Only 14 and in upper management the last 4 years.
Upper management ? Hope you are nice to us peasant workers . :laugh:
I think if i had moved up years ago i probably wouldn't still be there .;)

Last edited:
Reactions: untouchable21

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just think of all the petty shit we all complain and argue about....the coach sucks, player sucks because he hasn't scored in 4 games, the new Star Wars movie sucks, the finale of Game of Throne sucks, I didn't get my amazon order fast enough etc etc..none of that stuff really matters. We as a society got so complacent with everything we have, we were due for a wake up call
This is a great post . :clap:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I’ll never whine about busy at work again, cuz hopefully it’s that busy again.

I’ll definitely visit those I love a little longer next time I can see them. This situation really makes you realize what’s important.

I won’t roll my eyes at whatever todo list I have in town.

Im usually very pleasant to all the store peeps, but so grateful for those keeping everything running right now.

I’ll post a few more gifs in the GDT hoping to make someone smile.

I’m gonna try to appreciate everything a little more cuz this is an eye opener on how quickly it can all go sideways.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I will let you know if we have any when i get home from my shift tomorrow morning .

Thanks. I'm not in need of TP at the moment, this is more of a general question. Putting out some stock and having it snapped up within minutes by the lucky few who happened to pick that time to go shopping isn't going to solve the problem. Even with purchase restrictions. When essential items are hard to obtain, retailers need to look at alternate distribution models to ensure people that need the product can get it in a timely manner. Don't ask me how to do that. This isn't my area of expertise.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thanks. I'm not in need of TP at the moment, this is more of a general question. Putting out some stock and having it snapped up within minutes by the lucky few who happened to pick that time to go shopping isn't going to solve the problem. Even with purchase restrictions. When essential items are hard to obtain, retailers need to look at alternate distribution models to ensure people that need the product can get it in a timely manner. Don't ask me how to do that. This isn't my area of expertise.
Unfortunately the best way is to put limits on all of these things because we have assholes that are greedy , don't think about anyone except themselves and try to profit in terrible times like these . :thumbd: Try Kleenex though if you run out of toilet paper , it's nice and soft on your bum , don't use too many though . :laugh:

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Upper management ? Hope you are nice to us peasant workers . :laugh:
I think if i had moved up years ago i probably wouldn't still be there .;)

Absolutely! It’s you the unionized colleagues that are the life line of the business.

I entered the business as a Department Manager and have since advanced but I agree, sometimes further advancement isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Absolutely! It’s you the unionized colleagues that are the life line of the business.

I entered the business as a Department Manager and have since advanced but I agree, sometimes further advancement isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
I've gone through a tonne of managers , some really , really good ones and some really , really bad ones . Some left because they were getting treated like crap . It's a waaaaay different place now than 20 years ago , it's better now .

Reactions: untouchable21

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
What are you doing to address the toilet paper shortage? This is an essential item that people are running out of, and it's never on the shelves.

We get some every night, but unfortunately the panic shoppers that insist on hoarding ruin it for everybody else. Doesn’t take long to “wipe” out that aisle. (Pun intended)

At store level we do not control product limits. We can put up notices advising customers to limit their purchases to two as quantities are in short supply, but it is impossible to police all day.

Until the panic buying calms down and the warehouse can replenish it’s going to be a struggle to get our full assortment from day to day to serve all of our customers.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
We get some every night, but unfortunately the panic shoppers that insist on hoarding ruin it for everybody else. Doesn’t take long to “wipe” out that aisle. (Pun intended)

At store level we do not control product limits. We can put up notices advising customers to limit their purchases to two as quantities are in short supply, but it is impossible to police all day.

Until the panic buying calms down and the warehouse can replenish it’s going to be a struggle to get our full assortment from day to day to serve all of our customers.

Thanks. It's good to know product is being put out regularly. If need be, I can adjust my shopping times to "get there early for best selection", as the saying goes. It would be nice if limits were enforced, but I can understand not wanting to put your cashiers into a confrontational situation.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

When you finally catch up, sales will drop way off as all those hoarders don't need to buy TP for a couple of years. :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

It’s really an unfortunate situation...
Wish people would watch less news not more
Catch the official government releases and not all the extra fluff pieces that help create a frenzy.
There is no need to hoard

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I always had a great appreciation for our teachers, paraeducators, and other school support staff who spend their days teaching, instructing, and watching over our kids. At the moment I'm running TheDeuce School for my four elementary grade kids and after only a couple of hours I'm lamenting the fact that I gave up hard liquor for Lent.

That's a long way of my saying that, while I always appreciated our school staff, I now have an even greater admiration for the work they do.

m.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like nice weather is finally coming . Friday 6 and sunny , Monday 10 and sunny . BBQ weather this weekend . :nod:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I miss my bar!
Sitting on the stool, with a cold one in hand, watching the game, surrounded by friends and fans and just a constant hum of humanity.
Why’d they take away my bar...:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad