Speculation: Things I plan on not take for granted after COVID-19 is under control

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In no particular order:

1. Going to a Jets game

2. Watching hockey, any league, don't care

3. Seeing my friends and family in person without any fears of stupid viruses. One of my buddies wanted to hang out before we really go into lockdown, but I had to say no because his wife was starting to feel sick (doesn't sound like its COVID19 but I won't risk it). Made me feel terrible it has gotten to this point.

4. Going to a grocery store and seeing fully stocked shelves of whatever it is I need, especially toilet paper

5. People in any medical related work, they are working their asses off right now. Doctors, nurses, nurses aids, hospital support staff, researchers, pharmacists, etc etc

6. People who are working retail, especially grocery stores and big department stores. They have been dealing with insane hoards of panic buyers and it must not be fun at all

7. The truck drivers that will be working overtime to make sure the supply lines keep going. I won't shake my fist at them driving too fast on the highway anymore

Feel free to add what you all want

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I just want to double down on the retail workers. They generally don't get paid a lot, are working under some pretty trying conditions and are accepting the risk of being out there with the public. Efforts at social distancing will not be 100% effective. And they don't usually get the special appreciation that some others will get.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In no particular order:

1. Going to a Jets game

3. Seeing my friends and family in person without any fears of stupid viruses. One of my buddies wanted to hang out before we really go into lockdown, but I had to say no because his wife was starting to feel sick (doesn't sound like its COVID19 but I won't risk it). Made me feel terrible it has gotten to this point.

4. Going to a grocery store and seeing fully stocked shelves of whatever it is I need, especially toilet paper

5. People in any medical related work, they are working their asses off right now. Doctors, nurses, nurses aids, hospital support staff, researchers, pharmacists, etc etc

6. People who are working retail, especially grocery stores and big department stores. They have been dealing with insane hoards of panic buyers and it must not be fun at all

7. The truck drivers that will be working overtime to make sure the supply lines keep going. I won't shake my fist at them driving too fast on the highway anymore

Agree with all of this especially the grocery workers .:jk: This is a great list , only thing i would add is travel , kind of took that for granted too .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just want to double down on the retail workers. They generally don't get paid a lot, are working under some pretty trying conditions and are accepting the risk of being out there with the public. Efforts at social distancing will not be 100% effective. And they don't usually get the special appreciation that some others will get.
Let's just say i'm frigging tired after 5 nights of that , the amount of stock we are going through is truly amazing . :eek:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In no particular order:

1. Going to a Jets game

Point 7 is funny , i always shook my fist because they were going too slow . :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In no particular order:

1. Going to a Jets game

Awesome idea for a thread and great list!!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just think of all the petty shit we all complain and argue about....the coach sucks, player sucks because he hasn't scored in 4 games, the new Star Wars movie sucks, the finale of Game of Throne sucks, I didn't get my amazon order fast enough etc etc..none of that stuff really matters. We as a society got so complacent with everything we have, we were due for a wake up call

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Not fearing the “temporary layoff” !!
I can’t wait for that day to be over... especially after driving to work with that uncertainty, listening to 1290 and hearing announcements like “Brady agreed to 30 million” or Jadaveon Clowney signed for 87 million

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Superstore for almost 35 years , man where does the time go ?

Well bless you!

Honestly one of the things that calms people and stops social unrest is that people know they can get groceries and eat. Along with health care (amazing humans), essential services, police, fire, emergency services, lights, and power then people will be ok.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I will not take going outside for leisure for granted I think.

My parents were born shortly after the war and they take nothing for granted it seems. They still share a teabag to this day despite getting about 100k pension combined.

I remember in my childhood every single day at 9.55 pm my father would come to the living room, open the electric cabinet and hit something inside very hard. Can you guess why (Finland)?

This pandemic will be something our generation will remember, but I don’t know how exactly. I don’t think it will be toilet paper, though. Most of us remember 9/11 and those from Finland might remember Estonia. Every 10 years or so there is something we all remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad