They should play "I Am A Real American" when the U.S. steps on the ice tomorrow night

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Not that it matters but I know that 5 of those players were relentlessly chased and promised starting positions on the NTDP. I remember a USA hockey official say that going after American born kids of Canadian players who have dual citizenship made sense for USA hockey. And, I agree with them. I would do the same thing.

I think you should have to play for the country you were born in... that's just me.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Hows the weather in Buffalo Kevy?

Hi 2525,

Cold... But, there is no reason 3,500 Canadians, without tickets, can't make the trip to Buffalo. Our kids need our support!

:)

Carlton Orr*

I think it's going to be 80% Canadian fans in the crowd anyways!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I have never seen Pierre McGuire this worried for Canada before a game. Does not bode well for us. He seems to be hinting we will lose.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I have never seen Pierre McGuire this worried for Canada before a game. Does not bode well for us. He seems to be hinting we will lose.

As much as I want us to win, the Americans always get up for a game against us. They (at least IMO) are a lot faster and their passing skills are a joy to watch and they probably have the best goalie in the tournament.

Before the tournament began I predicted US gold, Sweden Silver, Canada bronze.

I hope I'm wrong.

CanadianFlyersFan18

Aug 24, 2009
Make that 3496 tickets available! Heading down with the lineys tomorrow! Hoping Canada can pull out a win, worst comes to worst, I leave with a Pierre McQuire autograph!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

As much as I want us to win, the Americans always get up for a game against us. They (at least IMO) are a lot faster and their passing skills are a joy to watch and they probably have the best goalie in the tournament.

Before the tournament began I predicted US gold, Sweden Silver, Canada bronze.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong too. :naughty:

Having said that, the US has not impressed me as much as they have impressed you...

1) They can finish. Can't score.
2) They have not been pushed or tested.
3) Against weaker opponents they have looked... average.

Having said all that... you can't win without goaltending and Canada has none so...

I guess I hope I am wrong too. :)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Make that 3496 tickets available! Heading down with the lineys tomorrow! Hoping Canada can pull out a win, worst comes to worst, I leave with a Pierre McQuire autograph!

Good for you!!! Thanks for your support! See you there...

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
nah, they should just do this again

(i was saving that for tomorrow's gdt, but this thread deserved it. I dont know why there's a 1080p option there, my source was 720p.)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I hope tomorrow is a sell out.

I also hope the remaining 3,500 tickets are bought by babes who like to wear miniskirts!!!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I hope tomorrow is a sell out.

I also hope the remaining 3,500 tickets are bought by babes who like to wear miniskirts!!!

eh, the drive from montreal to buffalo is a bit long. I wouldnt count on that.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
What you gonna do.... when Canada runs wild on you....

Don't be such a jabroni...hulkam...err...americamanics are comin for you brother! Haha the song really is an instant link to hulk hogan.

Can't wait for this game. Really was disappointed with these squads not playing on NYE, but I'm glad they're meeting up. I would be lying if I didn't say pre-tourney I thought if these teams met itd be the finals.

fischi

Apr 8, 2009
PA
The other thread was closed!! So just to clear things up the American animal is the Bald Eagle only the coolest animal. Nothing compares nothing!!!

Levizk

Feb 12, 2007
Monroeville, PA
The other thread was closed!! So just to clear things up the American animal is the Bald Eagle only the coolest animal. Nothing compares nothing!!!

If the Canadians national animal is a beaver I think they may have us beat on that one. I don't know about you, but I prefer a beaver to a bald eagle.

fischi

Apr 8, 2009
PA
If the Canadians national animal is a beaver I think they may have us beat on that one. I don't know about you, but I prefer a beaver to a bald eagle.

Well I guess a beaver is cool! But really the Bald Eagle is freakin cool! Plus Its more rare to see an eagle compared to a river rat! But anyways I would personally go with the Grizzly!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad