They should play "I Am A Real American" when the U.S. steps on the ice tomorrow night

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I think we can all agree it's going to be a pro Canadian crowd tomorrow night, so I was thinking it would be just epic if the first song to come over the loud speakers when the Americans step on the ice for warm up tomorrow night is "I Am A Real American". It would really rile up the Canadian fans and the Americans in the stands will be going nuts.

Would really get the evening off to an incredible start! Absolutely pumped to be there tomorrow evening!

MJALLTHEWAY

Oct 10, 2008
I think we can all agree it's going to be a pro Canadian crowd tomorrow night, so I was thinking it would be just epic if the first song to come over the loud speakers when the Americans step on the ice for warm up tomorrow night is "I Am A Real American". It would really rile up the Canadian fans and the Americans in the stands will be going nuts.

Would really get the evening off to an incredible start! Absolutely pumped to be there tomorrow evening!

struggling a bit to understand.. what would rile up the Canadian fans?

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
A good portion are going to be completely hammered, and the American patriotism will get them all the more riled up. They should really do this. It would be hilarious/awesome.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Now to derail......

Shouldn't they play it when Canada comes on with 4 of their players being born in the US?

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON

Honestly, it wouldn't happen. Even though the game is located in the United States, the arena has to act like neutral territory, not favouring one over the other.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I don't think we really need to see half the crowd trying to tear their shirts off their bodies after hearing that.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, it wouldn't happen. Even though the game is located in the United States, the arena has to act like neutral territory, not favouring one over the other.

Yeah, good point. Too bad. Would be some good natured fun that would just add to what should be a great evening.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I don't think we really need to see half the crowd trying to tear their shirts off their bodies after hearing that.

Speak for yourself. I'd stop watching after that though because a bunch of kids chasing a piece of rubber with a stick would be nothing after that pure awesomness.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia

Yeah, it's weird to have the horn going off in a game where the "road" team scores...like when Team USA scored the tying goal at the Olympics.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
They should play this

"I feel sorry for the earth's population 'cuz so few live in the USA."

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I think the USA should play this instead:

Lol. We played this anytime the U.S. made "accomplishments" for our friend who's American. It's getting harder though with how dumb Harper is treating his people and getting away with it.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
hogan_guitar.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad