London, ON
Scores today:

Green +4 -1
Kronwall +5 -3
DK +3
E +3 -1
M +2 -1
Smith +2 -4

Kronwall and Smith with several fumbles today.

DK / E with a solid pairing job today, 1 mistake between them both.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Bad giveaway by Helm and a softY by Howard this game never should've gone to OT but oh well we pull it out in OT and still haven't gone to a SO yet.

Helm screwed up
Followed by Kronwall with a weak ass check
followed by Howard getting beat.

The hockey gods wanted it to go to overtime, so Kronwall could get a goal. I don't argue with the gods when things turn out ok in the end.

If they didn't however....

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
This team is a bit of a puzzle right now, performances have been generally good for a while now, certainly much better than that run after the 3-0 start, and yet there's always something stopping them from forming a good streak of wins/form. Individual mistakes are being punished to ridiculous degree while it seems to take a herculean effort from the team to get a goal/win, which just aren't coming easy so far. I keep hoping for corners to be turned but then we just keep getting obstructed by below par goaltending(rarely)/D/offence/luck, take your pick. Florida next who we had a brutal record against last season, a comprehensive 4-1/5-2 win wouldn't go amiss. Always nice to see Kronners bag a goal, don't see it enough, Larkin brilliant again tonight, Gus/Tats had solid nights, rest of the D....not so much. Howard...meh, I don't blame him for the botched leads, but he was still average.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
We were outshooting them badly at one point. We have improved a lot last 5-7 games. Now we have to put it together.

Where is Datsyuk ?

We've outshot a few teams lately! Crazy how things change. I'd say we're well on our way to not being last in the league in that department (if we even still are).

Dats consistently blows my mind.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Indeed I am. But if you're lucky winning vs. a team like that in OT because you're too stupid to do it in reg., congrats.

Overall they were clearly the better team throughout 95% of the game, but a few terrible mistakes cost them. Luckily they're playing a WC team and that point we gave Edmonton means nothing.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Top 3
Helm
Larkin
Tatar

Bottom 3
Howard
Pulkkinen
Smith

Most visible
Helm
Kronwall

Least visible
Abdelkader
Miller

Least mistakes
Tatar
Dekeyser
Datsyuk

Most mistakes
Smith

RockemSockemProberts

Stevie's home!
Jul 5, 2012
Oradea, Rom/GR, MI
Other thoughts/observations:
Tats showing Pulky how it's done.
Smitty just looks lost a lot of the time. Really need a 6th D-man...
Howie's really not a bad goalie, but he and the team sure do a good job of making him look worse than he is.
Outshooting them 20-5 at one point (give or take) good. Letting them catch up bad.
A win's a win, I guess, but these brutal 3rd periods gotta stop.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The kids were good tonight as was the team. They have been playing a lot better for a while now. Points in six straight, lets keep this baby rolling.

Larkin
Tatar
Nyquist

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mrazek not good last game, Howard not good this game. Atleast we walked away with 3 points. Too bad Boston walked away with 4 points their past two games.

edmundbenz

Mar 30, 2014
New Jersey
The Kids are going to score 10 goals each. They played a good game again except for those dumb Helm turnover and a soft Howard allowed goals.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The Kids are going to score 10 goals each. They played a good game again except for those dumb Helm turnover and a soft Howard allowed goals.

All season? Sure hope they score more than that.

Bad giveaway by Helm and a softY by Howard this game never should've gone to OT but oh well we pull it out in OT and still haven't gone to a SO yet.

We should have scored 4+ goals tonight. Lots of shots, lots of good chances. We have to find our groove and then just run up the score like we used to be able to.

Actual Thought*

Yeah, he has to improve in some areas... but that goal and then OT assist in this game?

I mean... good lord. He is tied for 2nd on the team in points!

Edit: Leading all rookies in goals, and most shots on the team too.

The kid is great but leading this team in points is no great feat. They pretty much suck.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Datsyuk only 3 points in 8 games....

he's looked great though. Hopefully the points will come.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
The kid is great but leading this team in points is no great feat. They pretty much suck.

Points in their last 6 games? 4-0-2? Outshooting and outpossessing their opponents in most if not all those games? But hey A couple suspect defensive plays and some poor puck luck...

This team is trash!

Helm and Kronwall turned the puck over in front of Howard! Blash made them do it!

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Datsyuk only 3 points in 8 games....

he's looked great though. Hopefully the points will come.

Tbh he has had tons of chances and he and Richards have looled great together. Pulks was terrible in this game and I think he's holding them back a bit, but you can't really break up TSN right now because they've been hot and Z Larkin and Abs have been pretty solid themselves.

Plus Dats' line hasn't even been bad they've dominated possesion for stretches. Just need to find some fi(nn)ish.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

What? 17 points is good for top 50 in the entire league. Up there with Stamkos, Marleau, Giroux. Being a top50 point produced in the entire league is a pretty great feat.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Tatar is the best "3rd liner" in the NHL.

Still nowhere near a complete game, but it sure was nice seeing some pucks go in. The Kronwall OT reminded me of Kindl against the Leafs. Goes from goat to hero.

-Larkin is unreal
-Howard allowed some softies
-Our "3rd line" dominated
-I really, really, really, really, really don't like the Datsyuk-Richards-Pulkkinen line. At all.

I liked Nyquist-Tatar combo tonight, so I would be in favor of trying:
Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Tatar-Larkin-Nyquist
Richards-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

I know its the lines won't change after a win, I just hate the current Datsyuk line.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
I would like to see Jurco get a few games with Datsyuk and Richards when he gets back.

Stars:
Larkin
Nyquist
Tatar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad