Pre-Game Talk: They do exist, there is a game tonight! Montreal @ Columbus 7 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Its the third line. DD-Eller-Weise is clearly going to be the third line.

Pleks
Galchenyuk
Eller

:shakehead

i'm okay with that order, I love Galchenyuk to death but he wasn't as good the last couple of games, a little time on the 2nd line won't kill him

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
looking back the only thing that changed is Plek and Galchenyuk got swapped and they're not in actual order (if we can all agree that DD-Eller-Weise isn't actually the first line)

Calm down

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
you guys know I usually defend Therrien, but Eller on the first line is just insanity

then again I think we'll win this game

Come on.. it's not because the OP put the lines in that order means Eller is the first line.

Plekanec's line is obviously the first line.

edit: nevermind.. just saw your post up above.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Seems the more days off Therrien has to think about lines the more he weirds them up hehe

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I just copied and pasted the lines from the Habs official blog. So they are ones who still believe Desharnais is a first line player :sarcasm:

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
3 C on the 2nd PP: Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Eller.
They can cheat on faceoff then.
Good to see Eller getting PP minutes.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I wonder what the PP units are..

For a second day in a row, the team spent the early part of practice working on the power play with coaches Clement Jodoin and Dan Lacroix. Head coach Michel Therrien continued to ice the same power play personnel as on Monday, opting for four forwards on a first wave comprised of P.-A. Parenteau, David Desharnais, Max Pacioretty, Brendan Gallagher, and defenseman P.K. Subban. The second wave of Alex Galchenyuk, Lars Eller, Tomas Plekanec and defensemen Sergei Gonchar and Andrei Markov also remained intact.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=35862

I'm assuming Parenteau will play the point on the first wave.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=35862

I'm assuming Parenteau will play the point on the first wave.

Until he causes a goal against. If you're going with 4 forwards I'd prefer to see DD on the point out of those 4 personally. He sees the ice better than those other guys and can setup PK and distribute down low and make quicker plays at the point. Keep Parenteau's bigger frame and better finishing skills up in the dirty area. (if he's willing to go there that is). Plus that gives you a right and left handed shot option on the half boards.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Until he causes a goal against. If you're going with 4 forwards I'd prefer to see DD on the point out of those 4 personally. He sees the ice better than those other guys and can setup PK and distribute down low and make quicker plays at the point. Keep Parenteau's bigger frame and better finishing skills up in the dirty area. (if he's willing to go there that is). Plus that gives you a right and left handed shot option on the half boards.

Chucky should play at the point on the PP since he seems to avoid the dirty areas. Also his vision is just good enough (better than most point guys) and he would learn the PP on a different and beneficial perspective. In the long run it will help him and us to have an effective PP while turning around Galchenyuk, our future offensive star, for hopefully many years to come.

He played at the blue line on the power play in Sarnia OHL.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Chucky should play at the point on the PP since he seems to avoid the dirty areas. Also his vision is just good enough (better than most point guys) and he would learn the PP on a different and beneficial perspective. In the long run it will help him and us to have an effective PP while turning around Galchenyuk, our future offensive star, for hopefully many years to come.

I know he's super popular here and I love the kid too, but I'd have concerns about him on the point. I find he's still a little impatient and in a rush to make a play with the puck and it wouldn't really work at the point. Personally I wouldn't play him there, at least not yet. I think he has a long way to go offensively yet before he mans a PP. Just my pov. Skills-wise and pure talent he's by far the best on the team though imo. Just needs to hone it in more. Hang on to the puck a bit more in certain situations instead of rushing his plays.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Is it just me or has our schedule been very weird this year? A lot of lengthy breaks then multiple games in a few nights then a big break again...so odd.

also, the left frame in this picture I made for my GDT a few months ago is on point as ever...numbers out of a hat:
AzFhAdP.jpg

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I know he's super popular here and I love the kid too, but I'd have concerns about him on the point. I find he's still a little impatient and in a rush to make a play with the puck and it wouldn't really work at the point. Personally I wouldn't play him there, at least not yet. I think he has a long way to go offensively yet before he mans a PP. Just my pov.

So far Galchenyuk has been plenty protected in the NHL. Its time to give him a real challenge (important role) in which he could thrive.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
So far Galchenyuk has been plenty protected in the NHL. Its time to give him a real challenge in which he could thrive.

There's a fine line between giving him a challenge and putting him in a position to build on strenghts and succeed and progress. Putting him at the point on the PP would expose areas of his game he needs to improve on and be a mistake right now imo.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

There's a fine line between giving him a challenge and putting him in a position to build on strenghts and succeed and progress. Putting him at the point on the PP would expose areas of his game he needs to improve on and be a mistake right now imo.

If you pair him with Subban or Markov, two great d-men, also with Pacioretty on the ice, it wouldnt be as bad as you may think.

Responsability = Opportunity

Last edited by a moderator:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Chucky needs the ice time to break out, and to the next level,
but not under this coach, matter of time before DD is back at #1
Book it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events